PDA

View Full Version : On node

grapedog
07-25-2007, 08:16 AM
I know they removed a LOT of the nodes that were around from when I last played...

As a muggle of sorts, how can I tell whether or not I'm sitting on a node?

Celephais
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Ask someone.

Or use a map.

Or watch your exp absorbtion rates.

Fallen
07-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Remember that there are mana nodes, and there are full nodes. You can, under some circumstances, be on a sanctuary and STILL not be in an EXP node.

Which town are you in?

Celephais
07-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Remember that there are mana nodes, and there are full nodes. You can, under some circumstances, be on a sanctuary and STILL not be in an EXP node.

Which town are you in?

He's likely most concerned about the exp absorbtion effect (obviously if he had mana he could just infuse some and see if it were a mana node if he cared about that), his safest bet to "tell" if he's on a node is to fry, spam exp till he gets a pulse on his spot, note how much he absorbed... then fry again and go to a table and spam exp...

If he's questioning an outdoor node, it'll be obvious (10ish), if he's questioning a node in a town it'll be maybe 3 or 4 exp at best.

mgoddess
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
If you're using Lich and StormFront, there's a script that mod's the experience window that shows how much exp you absorb on each pulse and how much time you have left (according to how much exp you absorb each pulse) to level.

grapedog
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
what is Lich?

I'm in the Landing, and I know the tables are noded at Wayside, Thrakk and Silvergate. I was under the impression that the Small Park and TSC were also noded.

The main reason I'm asking is for my House, it's grown quite a bit in the 8 years I've been gone and I don't see too many people in and out since I play odd hours. Normally, if I'm at a node, it's the park or silvergate tables since they are available most times. But I'd like to spend more time at my house and get to know people once more, but still gain the benefits of being on node if possible.

I'm guessing a rogues sense command doesn't give you any information as to noded or not.

Celephais
07-25-2007, 04:22 PM
If you're in town the difference between noded and non-noded for exp absorbtion reasons is extremely minor... I want to say on the order of 10% at worst... so if you normally absorb 30 exp a minute, you'll absorb 27 exp... I also forget if having a weapon/shield out matters, but since you're in town you can just put them away to be sure.

mgoddess
07-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Lich is a third-party program that sits between the GemStone server and your FE (the Wizard or StormFront). It intercepts traffic between the two when certain commands are given, as well as letting you run multiple (Lich) scripts at a time. It's similar to PsiNet, but smaller... Lich can have all the functionality (plus more) that PsiNet has, all via scripts. Here's Lich's homepage. (http://lich.sudolife.com/)