PDA

View Full Version : Why would you return?

Things2Come
07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
So,

I haven't played Gemstone for nearly a year and I've been thinking about starting up an account just to play around and have some fun.

My question though...

If you were trying to convince someone to come back to Gemstone, what reasons would you give them to restart?

Xaerve
07-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Is this the original elementia?

Keller
07-23-2007, 01:53 PM
None.

Go outside and exercise.

Or join a bingo club.

Or whatever.

Jahira
07-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Adventurers Guild makes it a little more interesting. Puts a little spice into the hunt, rest, hunt, rest..... routine

Stanley Burrell
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
If you were trying to convince someone to come back to Gemstone, what reasons would you give them to restart?

Don't play a warrior would be about the best advice anyone could possibly give.

And make sure you are a profession that cannot actually use plate armor :thumbup:

Okay! Enjoy your text-based return! :)

Stanley Burrell
07-23-2007, 03:42 PM
None.

Go outside and exercise.

Or join a bingo club.

Or whatever.

The only thing more antonymous between excercise and bingo would be excercise and GemStone :wasntme:

Anebriated
07-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Don't play a warrior would be about the best advice anyone could possibly give.

And make sure you are a profession that cannot actually use plate armor :thumbup:

Okay! Enjoy your text-based return! :)

:( Im enjoying my warrior

Trinitis
07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
I returned, to be honest, because I missed the friends I used to have (which seems pointless now since most of them are gone or unreachable), and because I really do enjoy what I call the wander off factor of GS. I can hunt, find a table, and go do something else, and come back when I have time. That, and I got so VERY bored with WoW.

Nieninque
07-23-2007, 05:22 PM
"The full frontal lobotomy didnt hurt TOO much, honest"

Asha
07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
WoW seems a bit thin but it's perfect for playing whenever I feel interested. No big deal..
Nothing on Earth will ever make me go back to GS. When you look back at it, it does seem really bad.

Gan
07-23-2007, 06:31 PM
The wander off factor is probably the main reason why I'll always be interested in playing Gemstone and every reason why I dont play WoW anymore.

FinisWolf
07-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Not to mention that GS just doesn't have the idiocy of WoW or GW, at least in my opinion.

And, that is not to say GS doesn't have idiocy, just no where near as bad in my opinion.

T2C, I don't recall when you left, but you know most of the reasons for returning or not already. I don't think it should be a friend thing in entirety, it should be about how you feel about playing GS.

I find GS to be a nice break from RL, and rather inexpensive compared to other entertainment breaks.

But what I feel GS is or isn't doesn't play, it's what you feel/think about GS that matters.

Right now you could return with a standard account and play prime and plat with the plat trial though, if that helps. :-)

Finis

StrayRogue
07-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Kick the people who ruin the game: the Atreau's, the Tsin's etc.

Actually enforce or encourage some RP.

Stop hiring staff you are friends of other staff, and actually get some people on board who want to change things.

Sean of the Thread
07-24-2007, 01:44 AM
I wouldn't return.

was that an option?