PDA

View Full Version : container appraisals

AestheticDeath
07-19-2007, 09:09 PM
a stunning elven-cut shirt
- pin worn, weighs under a pound
- holds a large amount, any number of items
- Tailored by a fine elven hand, this stunning shirt has been cut to fit snugly against an elven form. Woven of the softest black silk, the shirt seems nearly weightless as it holds close against the wearer's body without so much as the smallest hinderence to movement. Twisting spirals of vaalin that have been lightly trimmed down each cuff, while the inside of the shirt has been lined with numerous pockets of various sizes, each used to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets.

some fitted black leather pants with twisting spirals of vaalin stitched down each leg
- medium, any number of items
- leg worn, weighs 2

a well-worn elven wrist guard
- pin worn, 3 lbs
- holds medium, for several items
- doesnt close
- This well-worn elven wrist guard is so scuffed, it looks as though it has weathered a thousand storms and several lifetimes. The perfect size to contain a well-hidden blade and with a lining of soft red chamois cloth to protect the valueable stored items stored, several thin, braided leather straps allow the wrist-sheath to be secured with a custom fit to the arm of the wearer.

a rune-covered dark leather sack
- belt worn, under a pound
- holds 99/100, very large
- Cinched with a glistening deathstone clasp, this leather sack is dyed a deep black in hue. Elaborate runes are decoratively stitched along the sides of the sack and trail down to meet near the bottom. A thick black strap allows the sack to be firmly attached to the waist so as not to hinder the wearer's movement. The interior is padded with thick leather to add additional protection for any items stored within.

a bulging merchant loot pack
- belt worn, 2 lbs
- holds 60
- This supple spidersilk pack has been tediously crafted for a well-travelled merchant. The flap boasts several small depictions of famous merchant craft: a rusty steel blimp, a mithril juggernaut, a felwood pirate ship, and a multi-colored pavillion tent. The body of the pack has been reinforced with vruul hide straps and locks with an intricate mithril clasp, able to store and secure many items.

a well-worn plunder pack
- back worn, 4 lbs
- holds 85
- skeleton lock/plunder
- You glance at your plunder pack. This pack is scuffed and scratched, giving hint to its many years of use. Typical of elven craftsmanship, the inside of the pack has been lined with many hidden compartments that can be used to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets. On top of this ancient pack, a heavy leather flap has been securely sewn into place and clasped by a large vaalin buckle etched with the decorative runes of protection. Perched on top of the plunder pack is constructed from what appears to be a mix and match of broken bones is a miniature skeleton. The bones are drilled through and threaded with brass wire with an oversized ivory skull. Clasped within the bony arms is a tiny silver skeleton key.

a well-worn elven plunder bag
- large amount
- The bag is well worn from many years of use. At first glance you don't notice anything special about it, but as you look closer you see many hidden compartments to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets.

a stunning black wizard's hat stitched with twisting spirals of vaalin along the brim
- holds a very small amount for a couple items

some fitted black leather boots tightly laced with vaalin chains
- very small amount for a couple items
- 4 lbs
- foot worn

a stunning black elven vest threaded with silvery runes and clasped with vaalin buttons
- pin worn
- large amount 60 lbs
- weighs under a pound

a well-worn wizard's longcloak
- very large for any number of items
- cloak worn, 4 lbs
- Crafted of supple black leather, this longcloak has been carefully tailored to fit snugly against an elven form. The soft material appears to bear many scuffs and scratches which give hint to its old age. Trimmed down each arm are twisting spirals of vaalin that gather around each cuff to form markings which resemble the runes of protection. The inside of the cloak has been lined with numerous pockets of various sizes, each used to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets.

a tattered dark grey battle-cloak
- very large amount any number of items
- 8 lbs, cloak worn

a rune-etched small silver case
- small amount for any number of items
- ankle worn, 3 lbs

an old cracked leather belt pouch
- belt worn, weighs 2
- holds large

an old cracked leather gem pouch
- weighs 2
- holds large, gems only
- belt worn

a salt-stained leather plunder bag
- weighs 3
- holds 49, large
- belt worn

a small black elven-crafted satchel
- 5 lbs
- large amount, any number of items
- worn on shoulder and back
- scripted
- The satchel is styled of fine elven design. Several hidden compartments designed for valuables and other precious trinkets are lined with plush velvet for added protection. Small vaalin studs are inset into the edges of the satchel each placed with exact precision.

AestheticDeath
07-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Also does anyone know why the back worn containers with the skeleton locks seem to hold less than normal backpacks? Did he take away some capacity when he put locks on?

Fallen
07-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I will give it a shot

a stunning elven-cut shirt - 4-5 mill
- pin worn, weighs under a pound
- holds a large amount, any number of items
- Tailored by a fine elven hand, this stunning shirt has been cut to fit snugly against an elven form. Woven of the softest black silk, the shirt seems nearly weightless as it holds close against the wearer's body without so much as the smallest hinderence to movement. Twisting spirals of vaalin that have been lightly trimmed down each cuff, while the inside of the shirt has been lined with numerous pockets of various sizes, each used to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets.

some fitted black leather pants with twisting spirals of vaalin stitched down each leg - 1-2 milll
- medium, any number of items
- leg worn, weighs 2

a well-worn elven wrist guard - 2-3 mill
- pin worn, 3 lbs
- holds medium, for several items
- doesnt close
- This well-worn elven wrist guard is so scuffed, it looks as though it has weathered a thousand storms and several lifetimes. The perfect size to contain a well-hidden blade and with a lining of soft red chamois cloth to protect the valueable stored items stored, several thin, braided leather straps allow the wrist-sheath to be secured with a custom fit to the arm of the wearer.

a rune-covered dark leather sack - 6 mill, possibly more
- holds 99/100, very large
- Cinched with a glistening deathstone clasp, this leather sack is dyed a deep black in hue. Elaborate runes are decoratively stitched along the sides of the sack and trail down to meet near the bottom. A thick black strap allows the sack to be firmly attached to the waist so as not to hinder the wearer's movement. The interior is padded with thick leather to add additional protection for any items stored within.

a bulging merchant loot pack - 750k
- belt worn, 2 lbs
- holds 60
- This supple spidersilk pack has been tediously crafted for a well-travelled merchant. The flap boasts several small depictions of famous merchant craft: a rusty steel blimp, a mithril juggernaut, a felwood pirate ship, and a multi-colored pavillion tent. The body of the pack has been reinforced with vruul hide straps and locks with an intricate mithril clasp, able to store and secure many items.

a well-worn plunder pack - 1 mill ...maybe? 85 pounds for a backworn is horrible.

- back worn, 4 lbs
- holds 85
- skeleton lock/plunder
- You glance at your plunder pack. This pack is scuffed and scratched, giving hint to its many years of use. Typical of elven craftsmanship, the inside of the pack has been lined with many hidden compartments that can be used to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets. On top of this ancient pack, a heavy leather flap has been securely sewn into place and clasped by a large vaalin buckle etched with the decorative runes of protection. Perched on top of the plunder pack is constructed from what appears to be a mix and match of broken bones is a miniature skeleton. The bones are drilled through and threaded with brass wire with an oversized ivory skull. Clasped within the bony arms is a tiny silver skeleton key.

a well-worn elven plunder bag - 750k - 1 mill
- large amount
- The bag is well worn from many years of use. At first glance you don't notice anything special about it, but as you look closer you see many hidden compartments to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets.

a stunning black wizard's hat stitched with twisting spirals of vaalin along the brim - 500k
- holds a very small amount for a couple items

some fitted black leather boots tightly laced with vaalin chains -250-500k
- very small amount for a couple items
- 4 lbs
- foot worn

a stunning black elven vest threaded with silvery runes and clasped with vaalin buttons - 3-4 mill
- pin worn
- large amount 60 lbs
- weighs under a pound

a well-worn wizard's longcloak - 1 Mill (people like that illegal Wizard description)
- very large for any number of items
- cloak worn, 4 lbs
- Crafted of supple black leather, this longcloak has been carefully tailored to fit snugly against an elven form. The soft material appears to bear many scuffs and scratches which give hint to its old age. Trimmed down each arm are twisting spirals of vaalin that gather around each cuff to form markings which resemble the runes of protection. The inside of the cloak has been lined with numerous pockets of various sizes, each used to store jewels, relics, and other valuable trinkets.

a tattered dark grey battle-cloak - 500k
- very large amount any number of items
- 8 lbs, cloak worn

a rune-etched small silver case - Nothing special
- small amount for any number of items
- ankle worn, 3 lbs

an old cracked leather belt pouch - 400k
- belt worn, weighs 2
- holds large

an old cracked leather gem pouch - 400k
- weighs 2
- holds large, gems only
- belt worn

a salt-stained leather plunder bag - 350k -400k
- weighs 3
- holds 49, large
- belt worn

a small black elven-crafted satchel - 750k - 1 mill Depending on scripts
- 5 lbs
- large amount, any number of items
- worn on shoulder and back
- scripted
- The satchel is styled of fine elven design. Several hidden compartments designed for valuables and other precious trinkets are lined with plush velvet for added protection. Small vaalin studs are inset into the edges of the satchel each placed with exact precision.

Morrff
07-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Nice containers, and I think Fallen laid out the prices pretty much right on, perhaps low on a few of the items, but all and all I think he's spot on! Providing the higher priced items are able to open/close aside for the ones you mentioned that don't

I'd be interest in a few of those items if you're looking to get rid of them, just throwing that out there. If so toss me a PM and we'll haggle!

As for the skeleton key containers, not sure about back worn ones. I do however have a shoulder worn sack with a skeleton key and it holds 120lbs. So unless the merchant was in a pissy mood or just plain didn't like the customer then I doubt they lowered the holding value. Of course I'm just Ass'U'Me'n this conclusion

Player of Morrff's many!

AestheticDeath
07-20-2007, 07:39 PM
The ones I am actually interested in selling have been listed in my player shop for a while. A couple have already sold. Most were just put up with prices I knew to be a bit above their value as I didn't want to get screwed on them, and figured people would contact me if they liked the item enough but not the price. And I have had some sales from contacts like that.

Anyhow - www.playershops.com/Maselon FWI shop, if you are wanting to see whats actually still up for sale and feel free to try and haggle.

AestheticDeath
07-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Also - I have 'an ancient Faendryl demonmaster's runebag scribed with twisting veil-iron runes'

weighs 5 lbs, holds 115
belt worn

this close in value to the 1lb, 100 capacity sack?

What do people normally hold more value for, the empty weight or the capacity? At what point is the weight too much in yalls opinions?

AestheticDeath
07-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Also - figured I would update after looking through some of my notes. I had actually copied this whole list from another partial list I had. And some of the things were already sold.

The boots sold in my shop for 1m. The wizards longcloak sold for 3m.

Fallen
07-20-2007, 08:07 PM
That will vary, actually. Giants don't really care how much a container weighs, while a gnome will. I would treat both of equal value.

However, it doesn't matter how light something is if it only holds a medium amount. Once you get into the Large catagory item weight will start to factor into worth.

AestheticDeath
07-23-2007, 12:46 AM
some black spidersilk pants
leg worn
weigh 2, hold 20
open/close

And whats the best way to get these deepened? What is the difference between a merchant doing this, and using premium points for Sadie to deepen it?

I was under the impression Sadie scrolls would be 10%, which means 2 lbs at a time. But I have had merchants that won't deepen by 10%, it was like 5 lbs instead of the 11 I expected(container was 110 capacity at the time). And the same merchant who wouldnt lighten by 10%, was a max of 5 lbs each time, on full plate that started at 75 lbs, and wound up at 50 lbs after 5 services.

Kinda wanna get some of my closing boots deepened too.

Fallen
07-23-2007, 01:30 AM
They may not deepen that due to the nature of where it is worn.