PDA

View Full Version : stupid mino crap

AestheticDeath
07-19-2007, 08:13 PM
[Council Chamber]
On three sides, the hall is defined by a very tall podium, topped by pilasters built of ashlar blocks that line the walls. At the top, this interlocking group of uprights and wall is expressed by a rich continuous frieze made up of the pilaster capitals, which shows a central battle motif flanked by humanoid warriors, and linking bands of swords and lyres. At the middle of the hall sits a marble slab surrounded by tall stone chairs. Embossed on the marble slab are scenes of a battle. You also see a minotaur warrior, a minotaur magi, a quarter staff, a wooden shield, a metal aventail, a leather helm and some brigandine armor.
Obvious exits: south
>fire
You draw back the string on your long bow and a straight ruic arrow shimmers into view.
You fire a straight ruic arrow at a minotaur warrior!
AS: +517 vs DS: +114 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +22 = +463
... and hit for 149 points of damage!
Strike to the eye penetrates skull, ocular fluid sprays widely!
The minotaur warrior crashes to the ground and lies still.
The arrow breaks into tiny fragments.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
>
A minotaur magi begins rumbling a spell while making mystic gestures through the air.
A minotaur magi gestures at a minotaur warrior.
A luminescent web briefly forms around a minotaur warrior, then fades into the corpse.
A minotaur magi grabs a minotaur warrior and hauls it off heading south.
>loot
s
loot
Could not find a valid target to loot.
>fire
[Great Hall]
Beyond the immediate usable space close to the floor, the room swells into a magnificent system of vaults of mounting height. Four broad arches hold aloft a central dome of brick that hovers some fifty yards above the floor. Its base is a band of light made up of forty round-headed lanterns. Scattered about the room are various trophies of battles fought long ago. In the center stands an impressive statue of a minotaur warrior carved out of the very rock itself. You also see a minotaur warrior that is lying down, a minotaur magi, a longsword, a wooden shield, some leg greaves, a leather helm and some brigandine armor.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, south, northwest
>
Could not find a valid target to loot.
>
Be at peace my child. You cannot attack here.
>frown
You frown.
>
A minotaur magi kneels down and begins to meditate.
A minotaur magi glances around nervously.
>

IN less than one second, it casts a spell, drags a comrade south, SANCTS, and raises the guy. Thats BS.

The Ponzzz
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Yea, the magi/ess suck.

FinisWolf
07-19-2007, 08:37 PM
I actually like that area. Good loot too.

Finis

Monica
07-19-2007, 08:56 PM
:lol: I haven't hunted there in ages, probably since it opened and lots of people hunted there. I always tried to leg the warrior so it can't do it's uber death crit kill, then kill the magi so it can't raise. Then go back to warrior.

Good times.

AestheticDeath
07-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Loot doesnt seem to awesome.. I think after about 25 minutes or so, I had 24k and:

a yellow zircon, a violet sapphire, a faded scroll, an aquamarine wand, a golden topaz, a star ruby, a fire opal, a violet sapphire, a small statue, a pink topaz, a crystal amulet, a star sapphire, some polished red coral, a silver lockpick, a star ruby, a pink rhodochrosite stone, some polished pink coral, some blue lapis lazuli, a spiked onyx scarab, a pair of small steel jaws, a smoky topaz, a large grey pearl, a star sapphire, a green sapphire, a small dark crystal and a pink sapphire.

Actually there was like 3 more silver lockpicks but they were put in my picking kit rather than the lootsack. Not sure why I got so many silver picks in there.

fallenSaint
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Place varies depending on who is farming it. Had a few tricks to get around their sancts to re-kill em when I was there.

FinisWolf
07-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Some areas seem to toss out certain types of lockpicks, or at least that is how it has seemed to me. :shrug:

Keep hunting there AD, put in an hour or two. Takes awhile for some areas to warm up, and when I loot hunt there that seems to hold true.

I *think* the last time I loot hunted there I had four chars hunting the area to generate higher spawn rates, and we did roughly 400K in about two hours. It has been awhile, but that sounds right.

Finis

Jayvn
07-20-2007, 01:47 AM
I remember hunting there in like 98 and pulling a ton of diamonds and enough weight in boxes to die to the warrior charge...

Donquix
07-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I used to hunt there a lot back a few years, and recently i've gotten a ton of AG tasks there. The loot is still decent, for the level, but not nearly as good as it used to be.

Stanley Burrell
07-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Hisskra do the same thing with the dragraise.

Oh well.

Askip
07-21-2007, 08:43 AM
I hunt the minos for gems to stock my Landing shop but the area is overhunted lately.

I might get one diamond or emerald in a long hunt where it was once a dozen or more, now it is sapphires at best.

The insta-sanct and raise does bite too.

:D