PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else gettin annoyed?

GarrsSoul
09-27-2003, 02:23 PM
every day for the past week or two Svardin keeps goin on the net and telling some damned story about kobold horse knights....its fucking annoying as hell and very stupid, anyone else agree?:flamed:

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Svardin knows a hell of a lot more about RPing than you do Garr. The guy is helpful, funny, and stays IC, unlike yourself. He plays the insane character as any peon with a brain would tell you who has interacted with him and his "pet dragon Rufus".

Miss X
09-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Ugh.... I'm sorry Garr but I have an awful lot of respect for Svardin, and the way he roleplays. He is one of the nicest people I've ever come across in GS. He has been around for a lot longer than you, and yes hes a little crazy buy he is always IC, that is how he roleplays.
If his stories annoy you, the solution is simple, remove your amulet, and dont interact with him.

oh, and Stay.....Rufus is an icy drake not a dragon! ::giggle::
Vx

Ilvane
09-27-2003, 02:42 PM
I agree with you Garr. I don't quite understand his "roleplay skills" sorry guys, I disagree with you.

He did an entire thing on the net to the tune Summertime from Porgy and Bess I think, only it was something about kobolds..heh It's not really roleplaying.

I do like him, I have nothing against him..but I get annoyed by those stories too.:)

-A

GarrsSoul
09-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Svardin knows a hell of a lot more about RPing than you do Garr. The guy is helpful, funny, and stays IC, unlike yourself. He plays the insane character as any peon with a brain would tell you who has interacted with him and his "pet dragon Rufus".

I never said that i thought i was a better roleplayer than him, because i know im not...but it does get pretty damn annoying. i dont really have anything against him, but its just gettin on my nerves.

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Then as the mysterious Miss X said, take off your amulet.

Reyek
09-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Im jealous i want a icy pet drake... maybe a Firey drake ::ponders::

Betheny
09-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Svardin ripped his name off from Zvardin.

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Half the populace has ripped their name off from someone, to be fair. How many Drizzt variations are there out there?

Betheny
09-27-2003, 04:00 PM
Dunno, don't care. Ripoffs are dumb.

Artha
09-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Don't forget the Tazzlehoffs, Raistlins, Sepheroths, Voldemorts, etc, etc.

Morstanya
09-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Well there is damn sure only one Morstanya.

Anyways, I didn't mind Svardin's attempts at bardom on the amulet. I used it as an excuse to spout off a few truly rediculous lines in time with his so called rhyme. Some people hate the Sums, but I do just fine around them. I guess some people won't like Svardin's exhalations either. They didn't bother me a bit really, just a chance to try a bit of inane "off the cuff" poetic response.

Morstanya, IceWitch (the one and only)

Artha
09-27-2003, 05:11 PM
*promptly rolls up Morstania.*

Drew2
09-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Svarding grates my nerves slightly. I don't like how he abuses the smile and act verbs to create Rufus. I mean... he doesn't exist, but when 'Svardin smiles and lets Rufus go." appears on my screen I'm like .....

Anyway, I tend to just ignore him. I'll talk about the kobold horse knighs with him but when he goes on about rufus i tune him out.

GarrsSoul
09-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Don't forget the Tazzlehoffs, Raistlins, Sepheroths, Voldemorts, etc, etc.

Tazzlehoff hasnt ripped off anyone name. Tazelhoffe and Tazzlehoff are the same person

CrystalTears
09-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Does he have a toy dragon that he believes is real, or is it a complete figment of his imagination?

If he's using his acts and smiles to force people to believe that he actually has a pet, rather than portraying that he *thinks* he has one, then yes he's abusing mechanics, in the same sense as those people that use their wings or broom to fly, or wag their tail.

[Edited on 9/27/2003 by CrystalTears]

StrayRogue
09-27-2003, 06:12 PM
...Learn to read. They/he/she/it/sher ripped off Tasslehoff, the halfling rogue/thief from the Dragonlance Chronicles.

[Edited on 27-9-03 by StrayRogue]

Chadj
09-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Yup. Good ole kender

Artha
09-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Does he have a toy dragon that he believes is real, or is it a complete figment of his imagination?

Actually, he thinks it's the statue in TC in Mule.

Miss X
09-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

If he's using his acts and smiles to force people to believe that he actually has a pet, rather than portraying that he *thinks* he has one, then yes he's abusing mechanics, in the same sense as those people that use their wings or broom to fly, or wag their tail.

[Edited on 9/27/2003 by CrystalTears]

No, its basically a figmant of his imagination, Rufus is an icy drake and he has a really great story about how he met Rufus, I think its on the northern fury website somewhere. He does have a glass drake, Its a model of Rufus.
I guess at the end of the day GS is a fantasy game and he is just using his imagination.
Vx:bouncy:

[Edited on 27-9-03 by Miss X]

Miss X
09-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by GarrsSoul

Tazzlehoff hasnt ripped off anyone name. Tazelhoffe and Tazzlehoff are the same person

Uh....As far as I know they are two very different people.
Vx

CrystalTears
09-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Okay, I'm not picking on people with an imagination. From what I've read he sounds like a great character. I just think doing smiles and acts to show something that really isn't there isn't cool. Because if someone sees that and then smiles at the drake, then they look stupid when people tell them that there is nothing there to smile at. Know what I mean?

Miss X
09-27-2003, 06:57 PM
yep, I see what you mean. I think he stopped doing it as much lately though, because he was told by a GH it was mechanics abuse.
Vx

Caramia
09-28-2003, 01:13 AM
Drakes don't exist. The one on Teras is pretty much fossilized. The messaging about something large / winged overhead in the Landing doesn't say it's a drake, although that might the allusion. I'd probably wonder aloud if he was feeling well, since he was seeing extinct, invisible creatures.

StrayRogue
09-28-2003, 01:15 AM
Um, as has already been said, he is crazy. Touched, mental, not all there etc etc.

StrayRogue
09-28-2003, 01:18 AM
Oh and an item exists that allows you to hear the drakes. Some kind of sea-shell I believe, though it has been 4 years+ since I heard of it.

Pardon me, I just hate the "impossible" mentality in a fantasy game. Its like the narrow minded view that "all Ashrim are extinct".

CrystalTears
09-28-2003, 11:42 AM
Drakes exist, but just because you don't "see" them physically in the game at any time doesn't mean they don't. Just like horses. I've gotten into arguments with people who insist that horses don't exist in Elanthia. And I just stand there perplexed and say, "Yes there are, why would we have stables?" and they keep going with "but you can't ride or see any". ::flails::

Artha
09-28-2003, 11:43 AM
Well, you can't touch or feel the arkati, but we all know they exist in Elanthia.

TheRoseLady
09-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Wonder if Prestius has gotten warned for creating imaginary "P"s.

Somehow I doubt it.

[Edited on 9-28-2003 by TheRoseLady]

Drew2
09-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Svardin smiles as he lets Rufus loose. The big idiot swoops off towards Darkstone to play with the banshees

I guess he forgot what the GH told him.

Weedmage Princess
09-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
Svardin smiles as he lets Rufus loose. The big idiot swoops off towards Darkstone to play with the banshees

I guess he forgot what the GH told him.

I'll have to agree. In this particular instance, I think it's poor roleplay..because he's smiling and using mechanics to make it look like this Rufus thing is going to Darkstone..when it isn't.

I understand he RPs a crazy character..and this is what he THINKS. If he were to do something like smile and motion his toy/figurine or whatever off in the direction of Darkstone..and say Rufus was going there...or said that Rufus told him he's going to Darkstone..that's one thing. But he's going beyond the boundaries of the game with that.

Otherwise, he seems like an interesting character. Looks like there may be quite a few of them. Very encouraging. I may venture into Prime to look around.

Kurili
09-29-2003, 12:49 AM
I'm having a good time in Prime, Weedie. Overlook the morons, and there's lots of RP here. Stop on by!

Acolyte Kurili

Soulpieced
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
>mount
But there is no horse here to mount.

GemstoneFan
09-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Yeah I always thought that was a pretty funny one :)

Drew2
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Svardin smiles and gestures at the ice statue. As a brilliant blue flare streaks skyward, you briefly see the gigantic shape of the ice drake there beside you. He appears to be scowling.

Make it stop.

Soulpieced
10-06-2003, 08:50 PM
That's sick.

SpunGirl
10-07-2003, 07:00 PM
I don't agree with Garr, because Garr is.... a lot of things, but I don't like Svardin. He tweaked me the wrong way when he made a nasty post on the official BBS about a mentor event.

-K

Savaard
10-08-2003, 02:13 PM
oh to go further on about horses existing... hasnt anyone ever been to the joust at ebon's gate?

GemstoneFan
10-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Svardin smiles as he says something in drake for Rufus private amusement

......... sigh

DaMaGe
10-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Have any of you tried talking with the guy about his execution, or did you just run here to make witty remarks about his lack thereof?

-Adam

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Oh and an item exists that allows you to hear the drakes. Some kind of sea-shell I believe, though it has been 4 years+ since I heard of it.

Pardon me, I just hate the "impossible" mentality in a fantasy game. Its like the narrow minded view that "all Ashrim are extinct".

Thank you, Stray! Will someone please save my beloved fantasy from the "reality freaks"?:o

HarmNone has enough reality

StrayRogue
10-12-2003, 08:43 PM
:thumbsup:

No prob.

HarmNone
10-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DaMaGe
Have any of you tried talking with the guy about his execution, or did you just run here to make witty remarks about his lack thereof?

-Adam

Actually, I think his execution is pretty damned good. In neither case did he leave any loose ends dangling. The ice drake image was seen only briefly, and "rufus" (whatever rufus is) swooped off. A look by any character after these events were described would not expect to see an ice drake, or a "rufus".

HarmNone thinks the guy done good