PDA

View Full Version : One handed Claid

Bigby
07-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Just out of curiosity, are there any one handed weapons w/ claid like weighting wandering about?

And what one handed weapon currently has the highest crit weighting, fish-spine, katana, felhafters?

TheSmooth1
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
VHCW wickedly curved faenor waraxe, IIRC.

Were all those weapons sold off the shelf? I assume so, since there's more than one.

Gelston
07-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty certain the fish spine was exceptional crit weigting. I think there is two types, one that is critt weighted and another that was damage. The former being a broadsword the latter being a short sword. I've always had the broadsword type though.

Fel Hafted vultite waraxes are 4x heavily crit weighted.

Katanas are naturally heavily crit weighted.

Khariz
07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Theres a fully claid-weighted handaxe out there

Bigby
07-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Interesting Khariz, are you sure about this. And what enchant is it?

Yeah I know the fishspines are exceptional. I THOUGHT I heard of a masterfully crit weighted falchion, not player modified, out there somewhere or even an incredibly weighted one. Hmm...

Khariz
07-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Might as Futtilo in game about it. I think he had it a long time ago. Might remember who he sold it to. He has since moved over to twohanders.

I have a fully claid-weighted greataxe. It's pretty damn snazzy. Like it better than the claid or greatsword-based claids I've ever had.

StrayRogue
07-16-2007, 01:09 PM
There is an incredible crit weighted bastard axe. There is also a broadsword, a few mattocks, and Drew's bastard sword.

StrayRogue
07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Masterfully weighted falchion certainly exists.

Ardwen
07-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Many masterfully crit weighted weapons exist from daggers thru handaxes. I think there actually may be more masterful then exceptionally weighted weapons if you discount the fish spines. There is a 0 enchant incredibly crit weighted falchion based katana out there somewhere.

For the cost involved, unless you had a way to get merchant or GM enchants, the points costs are insane for a claid level weapon, something on the line with 8500 pts for a 0 enchant to 1 enchant.

Bigby
07-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the info Stray.

-Ardwen

Yeah, it's true. It's pretty much pointless to premie chant "claid" weighted anything due to the ridiculous amounts of points needed. But an incredibly or masterfully weighted one is doable I think. Anyone know how to calculate a on the cusp incredible weighted weapon's enchant costs?

Ardwen
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
baseline incredible would be idiotic as well, 0 enchant to 1 enchant would be a mere 5500 points, add 500 pts per enchant so 1 to 2 would be 6000 etc etc. totalling somewhere in excess of 75000 pts

GSJuergen
07-16-2007, 07:37 PM
There is that 5x bastard axe out there somewhere since it switched from handaxe to greataxe i think it was exceptionally crit weighted

Stanley Burrell
07-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Massive morning stars I mentioned in your Ultimate Weapon thread were a full +30 crit weighted.

Then GSIV happened. I still cannot fathom why weighting was randomized.

And the Fishy merchant from '93 sold some blue vultite fishspines that were totally awesome and 4x already.

Rathgar
07-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey man your best is to get one of those 4x new style Claidhs running around if you really want to get a claid weighted item enchanted.

Claidhmores (new style only) ((40 + (2 * Final Enchant Bonus)*100)

Example: A Claidhmore from 0 to + 10 would be:

((40 + (2 * 5) * 100 = 5,000
((40 + (2 * 10) * 100 = 6,000
Total points needed 11,000

So, say you wanted to 10X this bad boy. That would be 8000+9000+10000+11000+12000+13000 = 63,000 points.

But then again,you might think twice about getting a claidh. There's other ways to generate the crit ranks you seem to want. Read my post on the other thread you made. You might think twice about getting a claid at all.

Ardwen
07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
umm claid enchants are 2 points with points not 5 cost to enchant a claid is insane, sure ya pay less for the weighting but ya pay 2.5 times more or so for the actual enchants

Rathgar
07-17-2007, 07:43 AM
They should really start correcting the Simu site, it's very misleading, especially to new people. I can just see a new guy go, OH boy, I just need to earn so and so PPs and I can get a +10 Claidh.... then the time comes and he realized that Simu lied.

Celephais
07-17-2007, 08:45 AM
They should really start correcting the Simu site, it's very misleading, especially to new people. I can just see a new guy go, OH boy, I just need to earn so and so PPs and I can get a +10 Claidh.... then the time comes and he realized that Simu lied.

yeah, by the time he earns those 9 years worth of premium points he'll see that Simu lied... man will he ever be devastated.

Rathgar
07-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Hm, come to think of it. Couldn't they be sued for mis representation of a product. It's like buying something in installments, and then at the final 9 year installment the company goes..."Oh geez, well you see...you don't really get the whole car....just the tires and drive train...sorry."

Celephais
07-17-2007, 09:42 AM
I was just commenting on how stupid you'd have to be to think that as a person "new to the game" it's worth 9 years of premium @ $4,320 to get a +10 claid.

And I'm sure they're legally protected... especially considering that the official stance is that it's all virtual property with no value to it.

Rathgar
07-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I was just commenting on how stupid you'd have to be to think that as a person "new to the game" it's worth 9 years of premium @ $4,320 to get a +10 claid.

And I'm sure they're legally protected... especially considering that the official stance is that it's all virtual property with no value to it.

Well, not quite. The arguement is, that Simu puts up a product thats prized in-game by their customers or players. You sit there and pay monthly subs until you get enough points to get said item (and as you pointed out this won't happen but for sake of this discussion lets say this guy is a complete looney) but don't recieve said item as advertised,so Simu has in fact mis-represented their product.

It would be the equivalent as going into Best Buy and picking up the rad new game that says this new expansion has got the new gravity gun and then you buy it and go home and realize that it doesn't. Imho, this is product misrepresentation.

Tolwynn
07-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Information on a volunteer-maintained website for a niche videogame was outdated, I'm gonna suuue!!i!1!

:cry:

Khariz
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah honestly, Rathgar, instead of "IHMO" it should be "IMNLO". In my non-legal opinion. I'm not going to look up the law for you, but to be blunt, you have no clue what you are talking about.

kookiegod
07-17-2007, 06:36 PM
The information contained on the premium website is far more correct than it is in this thread.

~me

Celephais
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
The information contained on the premium website is far more correct than it is in this thread.

~me

Far more correct? Or correct? If it's not correct, then it's still bad no matter how you slice it.

kookiegod
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I saw only one minor error which didn't account for the change in 925. We'll get that fixed.

Everything else is correct, and yes, no matter how you slice it, the stuff in this thread is wrong.

~me

Bigby
07-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok wait IS it or IS IT NOT +2 increments to enchant Claidhs with pps?

Celephais
07-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I saw only one minor error which didn't account for the change in 925. We'll get that fixed.

Everything else is correct, and yes, no matter how you slice it, the stuff in this thread is wrong.

~me

Good deal. Appreciate you squashing any rumors about mechanics... feel free to clean up any of the other active discussions too :D

Celephais
07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Ok wait IS it or IS IT NOT +2 increments to enchant Claidhs with pps?

Enchanting
Point Cost per +5

Claidhmores (new style only) (http://www.play.net/gs4/premium/premiumplus.asp#bonus)
((40 + (2 * Final Enchant Bonus)*100)

Site says +5. He says the site is correct.

I would also like to point out, that while the site is only wrong in the fact that it doesn't reference 925, there are three opening parenthesis there are only two closing ones in that formula. No matter how you slice it, unclosed parens cause syntactical errors.

Oh, and the order of operations is all messed up on a few of the other formulas too (mostly just the * 100 being inside the parens when it should be outside).

AestheticDeath
07-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Or if you want to clarify the actual bonus on the level 4 enhancives. I am unclear about the bonus to skill ranks and bonuses. How is it different from the bonus to skill bonus? Is it basically double? Or does it count as either?

Bigby
07-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Gives all your mech formulas or we'll sue!!!:bananahit:

thefarmer
07-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Um. Since I'm in the dark. Why are we listening to kookiegod?

Khariz
07-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Cause that's Khaladon?