PDA

View Full Version : cman mfire and nerfed ebows

Amber
07-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Prior to the recent nerf to the ebows, I was able to cman mfire and get three shots in 7 seconds. Now, with both phoen's and wizard strength, it takes 12 seconds, so I'm trying to figure out what cman to train in instead of mfire. Any suggestions? What really sucks is that I used my fixskills to train in cman specifically to get mfire. Now, I've too many points invested in cman to migrate them over at the normal rate, but have no idea where to use them.

Silvanostar
07-16-2007, 08:01 AM
what kind of hunting tactics do you usually use? snipe from hiding or fire from open?

i'd say if you snipe try getting dirt kick or shadow mastery.
open firing, i'm not really sure myself since i recently started getting cm ranks and i use kick to stun

Odysia
07-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Prior to the recent nerf to the ebows, I was able to cman mfire and get three shots in 7 seconds. Now, with both phoen's and wizard strength, it takes 12 seconds, so I'm trying to figure out what cman to train in instead of mfire. Any suggestions? What really sucks is that I used my fixskills to train in cman specifically to get mfire. Now, I've too many points invested in cman to migrate them over at the normal rate, but have no idea where to use them.

mfire worked with ebows? Huh. I should have tried it! :)

Anyway, once you reach a certain train, hiding while firing will just be useless. Aim and shoot from the open you'll do just as well.

Drew
07-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I've been out of town for a while, what did they do to ebows?

Jayvn
07-18-2007, 06:09 PM
You wanna buy a cman potion for 3 mil?

AestheticDeath
07-18-2007, 07:15 PM
They changed the base RT. They used to be 3 seconds all around, unless you aimed or sniped. Now the RT works just like any other bow. They left self ammo crossbows alone though... And I never got an answer why.

Seems like I was the only one pissed off about the change. Though now Amber seems to be getting screwed by this as well.

Drew
07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Wow that sucks. This only benefits the really strong races. I know my half-krolvin could hide and fire a regular bow quicker when spelled up than he could with his ebow but that was a pretty big selling point in general. Sucks for gnomes and halflings.

AestheticDeath
07-18-2007, 07:55 PM
or anyone with a low strength stat - and no access to cman surge or strength phoens etc..

Drew
07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah it's a pretty powerful nerf. Glad I don't have any ebows anymore.

The Ponzzz
07-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Yea. I saw this coming, but it hurts anyone that can't SUGRE. The Longbow one is pretty much only going to be used by Giants and HK...

Odysia
07-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I use a longbow and so long as I have 509 and 606 up, my rt hasn't changed when firing it.

Amber
07-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Really? Didn't go up from 3 to 4 seconds? Maybe mine went up since I'm a gnome and not a member of one of the stronger races?

Bobmuhthol
07-20-2007, 02:06 AM
You need +60 strength bonus to hide and aim with a longbow at 3 seconds, IIRC.

AestheticDeath
07-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I totally forgot what the formula is now.. What is it, STR 10 bonus per second?

Renian
07-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Yea. I saw this coming, but it hurts anyone that can't SUGRE. The Longbow one is pretty much only going to be used by Giants and HK...

Don't forget dwarves!