PDA

View Full Version : Merchant's Market

Askip
07-15-2007, 12:15 PM
My two cents here. I do not like the new format for the Merchant's Market. In the past I would at least scan the titles of the posts, now I do not even bother opening all the folders in the category.

:D

Miss X
07-15-2007, 12:21 PM
We really appreciate that everyone has their opinions and is willing to let us know about them, regarding the reorganisation of the merchants market. However, there are plenty of threads discussing this issue in existence already. We're giving the new system a go because we really hope it will make the topic easier to manage for both staff and posters. If it doesn't work, I'm sure it can be looked over again, but for now let's give it a chance.

Satira has already stated that anyone with specific objections is welcome to PM her to discuss the issues, so I would advise you to do that.

Thanks for your understanding.

Askip
07-15-2007, 04:18 PM
<< there are plenty of threads discussing this issue in existence already >>

A thousand pardons, they must be in folders I do not read.

:D

crazymage
07-15-2007, 08:52 PM
We really appreciate that everyone has their opinions and is willing to let us know about them, regarding the reorganisation of the merchants market. However, there are plenty of threads discussing this issue in existence already. We're giving the new system a go because we really hope it will make the topic easier to manage for both staff and posters. If it doesn't work, I'm sure it can be looked over again, but for now let's give it a chance.

Satira has already stated that anyone with specific objections is welcome to PM her to discuss the issues, so I would advise you to do that.

Thanks for your understanding.

POLITE BOARD NAZI

Morrff
07-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Big fan of the new folder system in the merchants market! I have one suggestion that should be the almost complete fix for the system.
Not sure if this can be done or not, but if everyone was able to delete/manage their own threads that "They" and only they started this could completely erase the clutter!
This is where I'm comming from right now.
I want to list more items in the appraisals folder, but I don't want to take up new thread space, and my old threads so cluttered and I cannot change the title to the thread. I'd like to be able to edit the title of the thread and thus edit the contents on the post(Which I'm aware I can edit the contents) for the new listing. Or be able to delete my thread entirely and start fresh with a new thread!

Also it would be quite useful to be able to erase peoples comments in their own threads like when people get off topic or bashing the sale.
OR erase the entire thread completely. I know I would clean up my clutter once I got an answer on an item or right after a sale was complete. I'm sure others would do the same. This way it would also take alot off the moderator

I hope in the least something could be done to be able to edit the title of the thread to reduce the need for clutter

Pardon if this isn't the correct folder Miss X, but it seemed like the best place to post this comment/suggestion

Keep up the good work!

Player of Morrff's many

Celephais
07-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Terrible terrible idea Morrff, deleting posts and limiting conversation (even if it's off topic) is exactly the opposite of why the PC thrives over the play.net forums.

Start a new thread, your old one will sink into the depths, who cares. And if you have more apprasals there is no problem with re-bumping your thread either, people do a pretty good job of re-visiting old threads just fine (actually I don't know why we needed a whole new folder for apprasals, people did fine with that stickied one thread, it got checked frequently enough, but like I said, who cares, start a new one).

Morrff
07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Okay then atleast being able to edit the title of the thread to catch peoples eyes showing it's a new listing would be nice!
I don't see how it's a horrible idea. I'd love to clean the crap out of my threads and keep them spiffy!
You can keep the off topic chat in all your threads but I don't like seeing crap like this in mine!

I'm pretty sure I know where the sand came from too...

command: get black sand from in emislitty

... Sandy vagina jokes never get old.

Not to mention being able to delete my old threads, I know I'd keep the folders neat and without my junky old threads...

Player of Morrff's many ;)

Celephais
07-16-2007, 10:23 AM
The threads will "delete" themselves if no one posts in them for 30 days, standard folder view doesn't show "all" threads. As for keeping your threads clean, a lot of info comes in the form of off-topic posts, I think deleting it is just deleting knowledge... and comedy, don't kill the comedy.

In seriousness, the ability to delete other peoples posts in the merchanting folder is just asking for trouble, if someone tries to sell an item that just got nerfed, and someone else posts about the nerf and the seller can just delete it... terrible terrible idea.

There was some threads about being able to change the title of the thread... that's fine, but seeing "Revised thread!" at the end of a title name is going to lose it's luster anyway if you want to revise again... just post a new thread and let the old one fade (and someone searching can find old info that might be relevant without it being "purged" like the officials)

Gan
07-16-2007, 10:52 AM
For The Record: I like the new organizational efforts.

Good job guys.

Drisco
07-16-2007, 11:03 AM
I agree I like it better.