PDA

View Full Version : The Black Channel in Wehnimer's Landing

DaMaGe
11-25-2003, 03:30 PM
How much longer am I going to have to hear shit like this before something gets done about? How can the GM's let some of these things slide?

[Lightfinger (subdued)]: "LTB mithirl or drake dagger or knife, ttm please."

[Benyark (subdued)]: "selling a well-made vultite longsword +21 bane weapon 500k gets it"

[Brimzstone (subdued)]: "SELLING "a rolaren waraxe" 4x 90/225 breakage 4lbs......blessable/currently blessed........MB: 100k"

[Mashaki (subdued)]: "Selling A pitted red vultite breastplate, tis MBP, 75/515, weighs 19, and 100k flat, ttm."

[Sevum (subdued)]: "Buyin a weapon to lower the RT on ambush, TTM

[Jaehood (subdued)]: "sellin 7x mithril-bound vultite kite shield, 74/280, 7m, 7x antique oak-hilted greatsword, 75/200, 6m, flame-singed vultite waraxe, 4x heavy crit weighted, 7 pounds 85/200, alter fel/show, 7m."

-Adam

Rastaman
11-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Yeah I hate it when people buy and sell things too. Damn jerks.

JustMe
11-25-2003, 03:33 PM
The WTB and LTB gets on my nerves. Not to mention plz, wizzies, sorcies, boxies and all those other 2 year old sounding words.

DaMaGe
11-25-2003, 03:34 PM
If you weren't a hip hop activist, I'd fucking burn your ass right about now. I'll let that one go.

-Adam

Rastaman
11-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Thanks for sparing me. Harry Allen is the true hip hop activist and media assassin however.

JustMe
11-25-2003, 03:37 PM
The black net is considered half OOC. While sitting in a room you wont say stuff about MIU, 1x, 3x ect yet on the net you can and wont be reprimanded for it. They still have rules about the net, but they let a lot slide due to the fact it's for selling.

Moist Happenings
11-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Tell me..by "hip hop activist" do you mean: Angsty pre-teen that thinks Eminem is the be-all end-all of the music business, or is it an actual term?

Rastaman
11-25-2003, 03:39 PM
I fucking hate eminem.

It just a quote from the begining of the song Proper Propaganda by Dilated Peoples

I'm actually not sure EXACTLY what they mean by it in the song. I just thought it was kinda cool.

Moist Happenings
11-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Fair enough, then. I just hate those idiots who think people like Eminem are...swell..or whatever it is you kids are saying these days.

ZGemstone
11-25-2003, 03:47 PM
[Jaehood (subdued)]: "sellin 7x mithril-bound vultite kite shield, 74/280, 7m, 7x antique oak-hilted greatsword, 75/200, 6m, flame-singed vultite waraxe, 4x heavy crit weighted, 7 pounds 85/200, alter fel/show, 7m."

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=2886

Sort of funny...

JustMe
11-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Jaehood is DiplomaticImmunity. Why is that funny?

DaMaGe
11-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Yeah, we're saying 'swell'. And 'golly-gee', 'hot dog' and 'gawrsh'.

-Adam, who's off tha hizzle fo' shizzle, my nizzle dizzle

ZGemstone
11-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by JustMe
Jaehood is DiplomaticImmunity. Why is that funny?

I thought it was a funny coincedence that a complaint regarding some items being sold on the amunet was just posted here. Then at almost the same time those items were put up for sale in another thread. Guess I'm easily amused...

[Edited on 11-25-2003 by ZGemstone]

SpunGirl
11-25-2003, 04:16 PM
It does seem a little silly that terms like "+25" are allowed on the black net, while terms like "scripted" are not (you're supposed to say "actioned' instead).

-K

Anebriated
11-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Rastaman
I fucking hate eminem.

It just a quote from the begining of the song Proper Propaganda by Dilated Peoples

I'm actually not sure EXACTLY what they mean by it in the song. I just thought it was kinda cool.

It's a weird song at that, not their normal work. Didn't know anyone else had heard of Dilated. Barely anyone had heard about them up until 3-4 months ago.

Latrinsorm
11-25-2003, 05:53 PM
The only reprimandable thing there was that fellah who was lookin to lower his RT on ambush. That is massively OOC. That one crack about an altered/show business was less over the line.

Everything else, meh, it's more or less necessary for merchanting.

Easy solution:

touch amu
touch amu
kill <snert of choice>

Jolena
11-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
It does seem a little silly that terms like "+25" are allowed on the black net, while terms like "scripted" are not (you're supposed to say "actioned' instead).

-K

Actually..I got reprimanded from a GM for saying 'actioned' on the black net about an item I sold. They told me to find a more in genre word for it, so I asked around and was told 'zested' is the acceptable word. While at the same time they don't mind if 5x, RT, etc. are used *rolls eyes*

Adhara
11-25-2003, 06:05 PM
I know Spungirl that gets on my nerves too. I got a send for using "scripted." All the other stats and breakage numbers are ok but something is "actioned" not scripted.

Funny thing is "action" as a verb is not officially recognized by the dictionary. I found one dictionary that mentioned (but didn't define!) usage as a verb but it said it was frowned upon jargon and should not be used.

I grow tired of those pointless inconsistencies.

[Edited on 11-25-2003 by Adhara]

SpunGirl
11-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Auuugggh Jolena! I, like Adhara, got a send for using "scripted" about four or five months ago. I was SPECIFICALLY told to use "actioned" instead.

I have no problem with making rules, I would encourage it in fact, but they need to be across the board and enforced more often. Cripes.

-K

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by SpunGirl]

Morbid Fascination
11-27-2003, 05:31 PM
At least those folks were using the black net. I don't know if it's an influx of true newbies, or if it's the selective amnesia thing that sometimes happens when people are forced to do things in a new way, but it seems no one remembers to use the black net anymore.

I've heard of very competent office managers and even executives whose brains are reduced to oatmeal when confronted with a computer. Maybe GSIV has had the same effect on proper amulet use.

Artha
11-27-2003, 09:24 PM
At least those folks were using the black net. I don't know if it's an influx of true newbies, or if it's the selective amnesia thing that sometimes happens when people are forced to do things in a new way, but it seems no one remembers to use the black net anymore.

I've heard of very competent office managers and even executives whose brains are reduced to oatmeal when confronted with a computer. Maybe GSIV has had the same effect on proper amulet use.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's because of Autothink and people not knowing their amulets are off.

Caiylania
11-27-2003, 09:26 PM
My favorites are hearing people ask.... what do i train in for better Def? Why isn't my AS -this high-

I have even seen...... What do I type to get the goals stuff?

Caiylania
11-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Artha
If I were to guess, I'd say it's because of Autothink and people not knowing their amulets are off.

I'll ask......... what is autothink? That is one memo I really missed.

Artha
11-27-2003, 10:05 PM
I'll ask......... what is autothink? That is one memo I really missed.

Basically, if you have it on (Set Autothink Off to turn it off), and you try to think a message, and your amulet is off, it'll rub it for you and think the message automatically.

[Edited on 11-28-2003 by Artha]

Tsa`ah
11-29-2003, 10:40 PM
On topic or I start deleting.

[Edited cause idiocy is contagious]

[Edited on 11-30-2003 by Tsa`ah]

Sean
11-29-2003, 10:47 PM
im curious why would you post in a thread that no ones posted in for 2 days threatening to delete off topic posts? no one was posting to begin with

Tsa`ah
11-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Cuz I haven't been on the boards for about a month and yesterday evening was my first night back.

I wasn't checking dates; I was simply reading the folders I was assigned.

Perhaps the warning will do some good the next time a conversation about hip-hop and other crap starts up in the midst of a conversation it has nothing to do with.

theotherjohn
11-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Cuz I haven't been on the boards for about a month and yesterday evening was my first night back.

I nominate you for mod of the day