PDA

View Full Version : PsiNet TS (or PsiNet 2 for lame people)

Eoghain
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
So I just downloaded PsiNet II and I actually have no idea what it's capable of. The voodoo commands are pretty useful, now that i figured out how to disable the ones that get in the way of normal typing. I like the spell tracking, and I miss my aliases.

Anyone have useful insights or comments? Maybe Jamus will post a few useful tidbits?

mgoddess
07-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Link (to the new website) please?

Bobmuhthol
07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
The coding effort would be better applied to WoW mods, lol.

Khariz
07-10-2007, 08:59 PM
http://www.psinfinity.net/beta/

http://www.psinfinity.net/beta/PsiNet2-Setup-2.0.1.1178.exe

mgoddess
07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks Khariz.

Latrinsorm
07-10-2007, 11:17 PM
The only relevant question: Have you gotten the TS yet, Eoghain?

TheEschaton
07-10-2007, 11:21 PM
The new Psinet doesn't work for me. Every time I try and login, I get the game is down popup with the offer to send me to the status website.

Bobmuhthol
07-10-2007, 11:38 PM
hahaha I forgot why it was called TS until I read Latrinsorm's post, I thought that was what Jamus was actually calling it

Kainen
07-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Psinet 2 worked fine for me before I quit playing. Let me tell you that there isn't much more that you could ask for as far as I am concerned. The spellup features are just the start.. and those are awesome by themselves.

Landrion
07-11-2007, 08:03 AM

Thats a pretty long term commitment though. Blizzard seems to break UImods semi-regularly with patches so the authors have to stay on top of them.

JamusPsi
07-11-2007, 11:25 AM

I don't play WoW regularly enough, but I have done some botting/monitoring work there.

Also, since those are bannable offenses, I don't exactly want to encourage other people to use it, so.

CrystalTears
07-11-2007, 11:30 AM
It would figure you would focus on bannable mods, although from what I'm told, bots aren't mods.

StrayRogue
07-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Yes, I'm suprised he cares about bannable mods, considering he AFK's in GS.

Sean
07-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Is he encouraging other people to AFK script GS?

JamusPsi
07-11-2007, 01:55 PM
It would figure you would focus on bannable mods, although from what I'm told, bots aren't mods.

Bots are a particular kind of mod, which I have experimented with. To wit, the highest character I ever got was a 57 mage-- over a period of about two years. Jamus, in Gemstone, is over ten years old and is not really close to capping either. I spend more time tinkering than playing. (Or scripting, for that matter.)

As far as it 'figuring': I've never released- or focused on- anything banned by Simutronics.

CrystalTears
07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
"Figure" as in working on bots so that you can be AFK and still do things in the game, as I've heard you advocate being AFK in GS too.

Then again Simu say a lot of things and don't act on them. They just turn a blind eye. It doesn't make it right though.

JamusPsi
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Yes, that is a rule I break from time to time. I don't know if I'd say I advocate it however- I don't help other people write scripts like that and I don't share my own.

It is my personal opinion that if you wrote it yourself and you accept the potential consequences, it's not such a grave sin-- and the former is the more important. That said, I accept it for what it is- a breaking of the rules which I have and will likely again commit.

At any rate, I wouldn't say I 'focus' on such activities. It's a rather rare occurrence, otherwise I'd be rather severely capped by now I'd think. I generally have other projects to work on, which hold my focus.

It's much more of a challenge and much more entertaining, for me, to write a program or script than to hit macro keys. That is, perhaps, my failing.

Some Rogue
07-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Actually...mods are not bots at all or vice versa. Bots are third party programs that run independent of WoW that try to intercept and/or change the data coming to and from the client.

Mods run inside the game using the code that Blizzard provides.

Mods will not get you banned, bots will.

Celephais
07-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Terminology... Mod or modify is just the colloquialism people use for most in-game add-ons, it's perfectly possible to modify the WoW exe in such a manner that is bannable (most frequently displaying information that's used internally but shouldn't be availible to players).

JamusPsi
07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Actually...mods are not bots at all or vice versa. Bots are third party programs that run independent of WoW that try to intercept and/or change the data coming to and from the client.

Mods run inside the game using the code that Blizzard provides.

Mods will not get you banned, bots will.

Blizzard API mods (lua) are not the only kind of mod out there, though I can understand where this misconception comes from- they're the only really popular game modifications.

Incidentally, it's usually more trouble than it's worth to modify the original EXE since a hash check will reveal it instantly. Instead, it's handier to load the entire thing in a sandbox and use in-memory hooks to manipulate transfer and display.

CrystalTears
07-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Since we have to go with semantics here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/UI_FAQ/AddOns

UI AddOns fall into two categories:

Macros - these aren't really AddOns at all, but they can use LUA code to do neat things in game. These are found ENTIRELY inside the game, and the code is run by Blizzard's interpreter, so they make the rules on what macros can and cannot do. Therefore, Blizzard won't ban someone from using any macros.

AddOns - These are extra files, put into the WoW Interface directory on your hard drive which supplement the existing LUA and XML code that Blizzard created that makes up the user interface that everyone uses.
AddOns are made up of LUA files, and XML files, both of which are also run by Blizzard's interpreter. Therefore, Blizzard won't ban someone from using any AddOns.

3rd party programs are actual programs that get loaded into memory and executed using their own code. They run separate from the game similar to how ICQ or MSN Messenger runs in the background. The difference is that 3rd party hacks try to read, or change data coming into or out of the WOW game client(to the network card), or they try to read or write to memory space used by the Wow Game client.

Speed hacks, for example, often interfere with data flowing from the game client to the network card by intercepting the "i am here" signal that he game client sends to the server and making it seem that the player is moving faster than they should be. The server accepts this as truth because Blizzard left it up to the game client to limit how fast you can go. (Oops Blizzard?) This strange design is caused by a need to let the game client do some of the work because the server is too busy to be expected to do everything.'

Anyway, the distinction in 3rd party hacks is usually the fact that hacks run as their own programs and interfere with the game client.

AddOns aren't anything more than REALLY extravagant macros.

(Note: Cosmos is known to have an external EXE file that gets run as it's own code - however, it doesn't interfere with the game client - in fact, all it does is download LUA and XML files, puts them in the right places, then QUITS long before the WoW game client even starts.)

JamusPsi
07-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Great post-- and it illustrates the difference between a mod in general and a UI Addon.

I'm not sure I would characterize ui addons as merely extravagant macros; they have properties (notably gui) and abilities (notably item manipulation) that macros don't. Addons are also persistent and event driven, while the macros are fired on click/keypress (though iirc, there are certain ways around this).

Good general description of third party programs though. :thumbup:

TheEschaton
07-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Fuckj the g-ride,m I want the machines thst're makin' em!

Bobmuhthol
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Fuckj the g-ride,m I want the machines thst're makin' em!

No deleting/editing later when you realize you're drunk.

TheEschaton
07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Sad, innit, at 11 at night? Fuck open bar happy hours.

Kyra231
07-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I can't seem to get either of those links to open, is the site down?

~K.

Umpyr
07-26-2007, 08:24 AM
The new Psinet doesn't work for me. Every time I try and login, I get the game is down popup with the offer to send me to the status website.

A bit late but if you haven't figured it out yet, go into your antivirus's (i'm guessing norton) firewall and allow psinet2.exe to run. I had the same problem yesterday and that fixed it. I was getting popups asking me to allow it and I clicked always allow but that still didn't work, had to do it manually.

TheEschaton
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Still doesn't work.

Umpyr
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh well then you're up shit creek without a paddle

Anebriated
07-26-2007, 02:57 PM
anyone have trouble running this on a mac? Im looking to pick up a macbook soon and was wondering about the compatability since I know people had trouble for a bit.

Silent_Willy
08-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Pretty sure you cant run Psinet on a mac

Methais
08-17-2007, 05:15 PM
my balls hurt

Xcalibur
08-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Been a while out of gemstone... I'm unable to make psinet works. A little help?:)

Kathralynn
09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
i like it ok..but for some reason it keeps falling off...i have no problem putting it back on..but its annoying as hell..when i think its on..but its not..cause i didnt see it fall off

Kathralynn
09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
talking about the psinet 2 by the way..my first postings here...lol

TheEschaton
09-18-2007, 09:33 AM
By the way, how am I supposed to run lich and psinet 2 at the same time? I'm still using the original PSINET because the second one, every time I install, fails to connect to the game (I'm assuming because of Lich).

-TheE-

Danical
09-18-2007, 11:23 AM
I run both. I don't have any problems.

Jolena
09-18-2007, 11:26 AM
By the way, how am I supposed to run lich and psinet 2 at the same time? I'm still using the original PSINET because the second one, every time I install, fails to connect to the game (I'm assuming because of Lich).

-TheE-

When I had that issue, it turned out to be my anti-virus program blocking it from connecting.

Caede
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Lich needs to be installed using the 'Install From Registry' option, rather than running it the old way.

1) Uninstall Lich and Psinet, using their respective uninstallers.
2) Install Simutronics Launcher.
3) Install Lich with Install from Registry option.
4) Install Psinet2.

--
Caede