PDA

View Full Version : Wall of Thorns

bgoodsoil
07-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I had a shan warrior disarm me the other day and snatch up my brand new faenor waraxe. 'bout gave me a heart attack. I got it back but I'd rather not have that happen again.

Does anybody know if wall of thorns helps to block manuever attacks, or disarm specifically? I'm just 37 right now so I haven't got it yet.

I've also heard that training in disarm helps to defend against disarm and likewise for all the other maneuvers. Anybody know about that for a fact?

I'd like to know about wall of thorns before I drop all my hamstring ranks for disarm. It makes me that nervous.

Thanks.

Celephais
07-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I've also heard that training in disarm helps to defend against disarm and likewise for all the other maneuvers. Anybody know about that for a fact?

I don't know it "for a fact" ... but... it is true.

Silvanostar
07-05-2007, 03:21 PM
regarding 640, i'm leaning towards no but you'll probably get a better chance of getting the correct answer since the ranger gm posts somewhat frequently on the officials.

Drakam
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Wall of thorns will not protect you against CM maneuvers. Training in said CM skill will indeed help you defend against such attacks.

bgoodsoil
07-05-2007, 10:39 PM
thanks, all I needed ta know

IorakeWarhammer
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
any change since this time? (2007)

Fallen
07-24-2010, 02:06 PM
On wall of thorns? No. However, you can now train in CDefense for yet more Disarm protection.

IorakeWarhammer
07-24-2010, 02:51 PM
no need for that. can someone paste the wall of thorn spell desc? what does it do? im blocked from play.net

Celephais
07-24-2010, 02:56 PM
640 · Wall of Thorns [WALLTHORNS]
Duration: Variable; refreshable

Type: Defense

Casting this spell creates a wall of living thorns around the ranger. This wall will provide a +20 Defense Strength (DS) bonus as well as possibly block incoming attacks with the thorns. The chance the wall of thorns will block the ranger from an incoming attack is a flat percentage that is not affected by additional factors. There is also a chance to inflict the blocked attackers with a lethargy-based poison.

This spell will be most successful when used in an appropriate climate and terrain. When the ranger attacks, the wall of thorns will part to allow the ranger freedom of movement.

Extreme climates and terrains will decrease the duration while moderate climates and terrains will increase the duration of the spell.

If the ranger first casts the spell Nature's Touch (625) he is able to use Wall of Thorns indoors.
Wall of Thorns will scratch a garrote attacker if the victim is wearing WoT. Poisoning of the attacker may or may not result.

Sam
07-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Wall of Thorns creates a wall of living thorns around the Ranger, providing a +20 DS bonus, and grants a chance of the thorns blocking an incoming attack completely. The chance to block incoming attacks is a flat percentage, non-modifiable.

IorakeWarhammer
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
aww u guys rock :)

IorakeWarhammer
07-24-2010, 04:46 PM
logs of thorns plz

Sam
07-24-2010, 05:07 PM
you can't even get to krakiipedia?

IorakeWarhammer
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
nah its blocked lmao

Ryvicke
07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Umm... it's blocks incoming AS/DS attacks. There is a small percentage that it also gives the attacker slow poison when it blocks an attack. There's really nothing more to know--you'd be crazy not to have it at level 40, it's hot shit.

B2
07-24-2010, 07:04 PM
This is the messaging you get when it protects from an incoming attack:
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the triton radical!

Third person:
The thorny barrier surrounding the giant ranger blocks your attack!

This is the messaging where they get poisoned:
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks the attack from the triton radical!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at the triton radical, scraping a thorn across her body! The triton radical flinches slightly.

The thorny barrier surrounding the orc ranger blocks your attack!
One of the vines surrouding lashes out at you, driving a thorn into your skin! You feel poison coursing through your veins.