PDA

View Full Version : TD for rangers...

TheEschaton
06-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Is there any way of improving it with outside spells? I borrow dims, and have all my own minor spirits spells, but I'm getting warded by like-level things way too much and dying.

-TheE-

Kitsun
06-30-2007, 01:22 PM
You mean without outside spells right?

Get more spell ranks or move up AsG. There's a CM that boosts TD too but I'm not sure if its ranger accessible.

TheEschaton
06-30-2007, 01:28 PM
AsG might be the option. Spell ranks I'm already doing 1x in, don't know that I can afford more.

Paradii
06-30-2007, 01:35 PM
are you hunting with 625 on? Also, what armor are you using?

Nieninque
06-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Suck less

Stunseed
06-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Augmented chain is your best friend.
101, 107, 103, 120, 613 and 625 all should provide you with TD. ( 120 adds with further ranks, I believe )
Cman focus will add 10 TD at mastery.
Simple stolen spells like 202, 303, etc will add up in the long run.

bgoodsoil
06-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't know if this falls into the 'borrowed spells' category...but you can make your own imbeddables and get somebody to throw 508, elemental bias, into it and get a +20 to Elemental TD(remember there's two types-elemental TD and spirit TD). I used to get murdered with weapon fire from the arctic titans constantly when I hunted on the glacier. I got a buddy of mine to load up some rods with bias and I just used one shot of it every time I went hunting there. Better yet, just buy some from Portous shop. I can make imbeddables but his are soooo much better. The rods will hold 8 or 9 casts. Go to the far nw corner of the playershops in the landing, then go one east. He's the ivy-covered building. Can ya tell I go there a lot? You'll need MIU though. Krakiipedia has a good article on how much you need to train in it.

Also, if you're in CoL, the sign of dissipation will give you +20 Elemental TD but costs a point of spirit like sign of shields/swords. I can't afford to lose 3 points at a time so I trade off with Dis or Shields depending on what I'm hunting.

And like Stunseed said...get into aug as soon as possible. Even magical brig will give the bad guy a BONUS of +2 to hit you. Aug is a -8. I don't mind the +3% spell hindrance. If I fail on sounds...I just cast it again. Same with the weed. Most of our spells are duration and you can just take your armor off when you cast them.

Elemental TD seems to be the weak spot on rangers.....and dwarves get a +30 to it. I'm sure it's too late to take that into consideration though. CS of titans is 186, get your TD over that and you're bullet proof to 'em. Find the CS of what's hitting you and you'll know your goal. Good luck!