PDA

View Full Version : Selling acid-flaring, 7x double-chain shell armor

Azaton
06-30-2007, 01:52 AM
I've had this for a while now, but my character has outgrown chain (finally) and I don't really have any further use for it. Offers and questions can be sent to tinuviel@play.net, or you may reach me on AIM(Azaton). Thanks for the interest and happy bidding! I've set a buyout, but it's very negotiable.

MB:40 million
BO:50 million

some bowed crown shell armor
Forging of 49/325, weighs 25 pounds, double chain base and has been enchanted up to +35. Has had acid flares added as well.
Also just to clarify, even though it is partial armor the flares do cover your whole body, and will go off for any applicable combat maneuvers (sweep, headbutt or tackle for example) or any hit as long as you aren't wearing an armor accessory that covers the part.
The main selling point of the armor however is that this is shell armor, you turn the knob and it wraps you up in a shell. You cannot be located or found and obviously nothing can hit you. Anyone in the room with you will just see a large bowed crown shell on the ground like a normal item, which they can knock on to get your attention in the shell. You're also rather restricted in what you can do in the shell though-you can't cast or use any signs/symbols. The shell will last 5 minutes before shooting you out, but it can be used as many times a day as you wish. The only restriction I've found on is that it won't work in an area you can't cast spells in.

Here is the shell armor in action for those curious:

>look in armor
In the crown shell armor you see a small knob.

>turn knob
As you twist the small knob, you hear a loud "CLANG!" and feel your shell armor expand and surround you.

>look
[Bowed Crown Shell, Inside]
You barely make out in the dim light filtering through several holes in the rough, hexagonally patterned walls and floor of your prison.
Obvious exits: none

>look hole

Sticking your eye against the hole, you are just able to make out what lies outside.

[Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]
You also see a large bowed crown shell and a squalid canvas pavilion.
Obvious paths: east, west

>turn knob
A loud clicking noise starts and suddenly the shell splits and spits you out.

allen
06-30-2007, 01:55 AM
if only they had plate shell armor

StrayRogue
06-30-2007, 02:39 AM
I think they did.

thefarmer
06-30-2007, 03:39 AM
I could have sworn I've seen one set in action, and seen another up for offers awhile ago.

StrayRogue
06-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Yes, wasn't the first ever set in fact full plate? I recall Drizzsdt bought it at Ciston's auction.

Sthrockmorton
06-30-2007, 10:27 AM
that'd be the shit if you could stunman that knob

thefarmer
07-01-2007, 02:59 AM
I thought the shell lasted until you turned the button? Or am I thinking of a different armor?

fallenSaint
07-01-2007, 04:17 AM
Maybe I'm blind, maybe it should be automatically known but.. Which AsG is this in? Obviously chain but is it Haub or what?

Azaton
07-01-2007, 10:28 AM
It's double-chain base, but it is oddly not inspectable. The shell is timed, somewhere between 5-7 minutes and it will spit you out and you would have to turn the knob again. Pretty sure this is just a precaution in the off chance you manage to die while inside.

Azaton
07-02-2007, 12:47 PM
bump

Sthrockmorton
07-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Could padding be added via premium points?

bubbauno
07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
If it had acid flares added then yes padding could be added to replace the flares

Nilandia
07-02-2007, 03:55 PM
From my experience with another set of the armor, it can't be done normally via scroll, since the knob counts as a second item and the scroll only works if you use a single item. (At least, that's what the GM told me.)

It's possible, but you'd need to find a live merchant, and it's more expensive points-wise than a straight scroll.

Gretchen

Azaton
07-02-2007, 09:44 PM
The flares were added with premium points, but the knob does count as an item so it can be done with a scroll. I'm not sure if they've changed the policy, but when I went to get the flares and realized this I bugged it and a GM showed up a little while later and managed it through some GM magic. The shell script does make it qualify for the extra 1000 point surcharge some of the premium work charges though.

Azaton
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
bump

Amaron
07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I have the chain hauberk version from the last Promise.

I asked about altering it and adding padding via permie points (this was in the last 3 months)

It is unalterable at this time.

It can have the padding but it needs to be done via Khal's live premi point merchant and it will cost more.

I have not timed mine as far as spitting out as it is being enchanted to 7x right now.

J

bubbauno
07-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm sure there will be a couple visits from Khal's live PP merchant during the premie fest this month.

Azaton
07-04-2007, 07:42 PM
bump

Azaton
07-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Points are gone, but armor is still up for grabs!

Azaton
07-08-2007, 04:02 PM
bump

Azaton
07-11-2007, 11:21 AM
bump