PDA

View Full Version : GM-Xayle's Court Hearing (Emelyn GMA Interrogation).

Liberi Fatali
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Emelyn and Jenovadeath got into a bit of a conflict -- a few people wanted to see the outcome of our conversation with the GMs. Here it is.

>

SEND[Xayle] Do you have a moment?

>chat In the vaalin-trimmed cloak you see a piece of dry residue (x76),
You focus on transmitting your thought.
>l
>
[Hearthstone, Courtyard]
Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently in the moonlight, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with ever-shifting patterns of light and dark. Snippets of conversation drift away from the long porch stretching along the full width of the great old house, as several guests enjoy the hospitality and ambience of this fine hideaway. You also see a robed figure, a hollow tree stump and the porch steps.
Obvious paths: south
>report Oh, I suppose. Anything for you, your majesty.
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. You may type ONDUTY to see which staff members are currently on duty. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>chat I just got them yesterday.
>chat to anat HELP
Belnia just arrived.
>
Belnia just went up the porch steps.
>
l
[Hearthstone, Courtyard]
Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently in the moonlight, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with ever-shifting patterns of light and dark. Snippets of conversation drift away from the long porch stretching along the full width of the great old house, as several guests enjoy the hospitality and ambience of this fine hideaway. You also see a robed figure, a hollow tree stump and the porch steps.
Obvious paths: south
>Jenovadeath just appeared.
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Obvious exits: none
>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Xayle is standing in its place.
>'I was hoping for a more enticing location, mind you.
You say, "I was hoping for a more enticing location, mind you."
>obser
You casually observe your surroundings.
>
Xayle says, "It's been a rough day."
>'That's quite discouraging.
You say, "That's quite discouraging."
>
Xayle says, "I think so, too."
>l xay
You see GameMaster Xayle.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She appears to be very young and very tall. She has amber-touched mottled blue-green eyes and flawless alabaster skin. She has very long, straight copper-tinged dark chestnut hair drawn back from her face by two slender braids and secured with a length of black leather cording. She has an oval face and slightly pointed ears. She has a tiny pink heart on her right cheek, just below her eye.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a sitting beanbag amazon, a pair of triple-strand earrings suspending lapis lazuli teardrops, a high-collared cerulean suede longcoat, a silver-set ebonwood talisman, a suit of sleek black body armor, a back-laced black leather half-bodice, a petite lapis lazuli-inset ring, a thick black ora manacle, an indigo brocade hip sack shot through with silver threading, a pair of slender suede thigh-strapped sheaths, some side-laced black leather pants, and a pair of knee-high ebon leather boots.
>
Xayle says, "Since it's been a long day, I'm going to cut right to the chase."
>'Well, what can I do you for? Was it my thoroughly charming personality that you wished to see?
You ask, "Well, what can I do you for? Was it my thoroughly charming personality that you wished to see?"
>
Xayle says, "I hear you inherited a runestaff."
>stow right
You put a malevolent, bile-green onyx and veniom-hilted longsword splattered with the blood of gremlin-slayers in your large satchel.
>'I sure did.
You say, "I sure did."
>
Xayle asks, "And, how did that happen?"
>'Why, it mysteriously lept out of someone's hand and onto the ground.
You say, "Why, it mysteriously lept out of someone's hand and onto the ground."
>'I merely saved it from the janitor.
You say, "I merely saved it from the janitor."
>
Xayle says, "Right."
>
Xayle asks, "Sort of like this?"
>
Xayle waves her sturdy mossbark runestaff awkwardly.
>l in sat
In the large satchel you see a veniom-hilted longsword, a cask of salamander toes, a severed hand, some long translucent chalk (x2), a blood-stained hide book, a faded green runestone (x3), a polished fel horse statuette, a ruby-framed midnight black chalkboard, a slender chalk case, a pale blue runestone (x2), a vermilion drake falchion, a bunch of crimson salt crystals, a polished obsidian runestone, some waxy translucent chalk (x2), a blue diamond inset pewter crown, a sealed vial of orange flame, a diamond-set pirate miniature, a plain steel key, a mithril reiver statuette, a slender steel needle (x2), a silver-edged key, a bundle of moonflowers, a smooth diamond-rimmed mortar, a smoky two-headed dog talisman, a pair of large gold specie, a bottle of aged Illistim port, a moonstone inset ora band and the following:
15 Wands: a crystal wand (x2), a golden wand (x5), a metal wand, a slender blue wand, a slender wand, a smooth bone wand (x5)
5 Gems: an uncut diamond (x2), an uncut emerald (x2), a hollow star sapphire
15 Magic: a crystal amulet, a glowing amulet, a ruby amulet, a black crystal (x2), a white crystal, a silvery blue potion (x2), a gold ring, an ornate gold ring, a shiny golden ring (x2), a small statue, a cobalt blue glass vial, a ruby red glass vial
4 Herbs: a small crystal flask (x2), some acantha leaf, some aloeas stem
>'HEY.
You say, "HEY."
>get runestaff
Get what?
>'STOP.
You say, "STOP."
>'CONSTABLE.
You say, "CONSTABLE."
>'Come on. She shouldn't get it back without interaction.
You say, "Come on. She shouldn't get it back without interaction."
>
Xayle says, "So, in as few words as possible, explain to me why you cursed someone, stole their runestaff, then killed them."
>
* Kashina just bit the dust!
>
* Erudit just bit the dust!
>'Will three dots suffice?
You ask, "Will three dots suffice?"
>
Xayle says, "No."
>
* Sylmaron just bit the dust!
>'Are you implying that I would have kept the runestaff?
You ask, "Are you implying that I would have kept the runestaff?"
>'She made no attempt to come fetch it.
You say, "She made no attempt to come fetch it."
>
Xayle says, "I'm not implying anything. I asked a question and was waiting on the answer."
>
Xayle says, "Whether or not you'd have given it back is irrelevant. The manner in which you took it is GMA."
>'Obviously I didn't do it for no reason at all. Perhaps you need to thoroughly investigate a matter before you decide to impose such obtuse questions,.
You say, "Obviously I didn't do it for no reason at all. Perhaps you need to thoroughly investigate a matter before you decide to impose such obtuse questions,."
>
* Jantiea just bit the dust!
>
Xayle says, "So, I'm still waiting on an explanation that will dazzle me."
>'You didn't decide to ask her before you stormed up here in your menopausal rage?
You ask, "You didn't decide to ask her before you stormed up here in your menopausal rage?"
>
Xayle says, "I'm not quite that old. And, I decided to start with you first."
>'How thoughtful.
You say, "How thoughtful."
>'Well, then, if you must know, I will explain.
You say, "Well, then, if you must know, I will explain."
>'But it won't be 'short'.
>
You say, "But it won't be 'short'."
>
Xayle says, "Thank you."
>mut
You mutter something inaudible.
>
* Kelesia just bit the dust!
>
* Mythala just bit the dust!
>'I animated a creature yesterday. I had it attack me so that I could spell it up. Some idiot named Twiggs saw it attack me and took it upon himself to attack IT. He legged it, it toppled over and killed some poor newbie. I attacked Twiggs for attacking my hard-acquired animate. Emelyn, out of no where, aids Twiggs. Emislity does the same. I kill both Emelyn and Emislity. Some hours later, Emislity sleeps me in the park while I wasn't expecting it, and they triple-team me to death. Emelyn then killed me a few hours ago, again in the park. I stalked her for roughly 5 hours before finally meeting up with her about an hour ago. I disarmed her, and killed her. Satisfied?
>
You ask, "I animated a creature yesterday. I had it attack me so that I could spell it up. Some idiot named Twiggs saw it attack me and took it upon himself to attack IT. He legged it, it toppled over and killed some poor newbie. I attacked Twiggs for attacking my hard-acquired animate. Emelyn, out of no where, aids Twiggs. Emislity does the same. I kill both Emelyn and Emislity. Some hours later, Emislity sleeps me in the park while I wasn't expecting it, and they triple-team me to death. Emelyn then killed me a few hours ago, again in the park. I stalked her for roughly 5 hours before finally meeting up with her about an hour ago. I disarmed her, and killed her. Satisfied?"
>
Xayle says, "Perfectly."
>
Xayle asks, "At which point did you decide to use GMA to resolve this situation rather than reporting it as harassment?"
>'If anyone should be getting scolded, it's Emelyn and Emislity for 'HELPING THEIR POOR FRIEND TWIGGS" without justification.
You say, "If anyone should be getting scolded, it's Emelyn and Emislity for 'HELPING THEIR POOR FRIEND TWIGGS" without justification."
>
* Vistal just bit the dust!
>'that's the same thing as me bringing in a capped level 100 character to battle a level 10 person's battle.
You say, "That's the same thing as me bringing in a capped level 100 character to battle a level 10 person's battle."
>'Why would I report it as harassment? I wasn't being harassed.
You say, "Why would I report it as harassment? I wasn't being harassed."
>'It was all perfectly in character until you decided to butt-in.
You say, "It was all perfectly in character until you decided to butt-in."
>
Xayle says, "That what they pay me the big bucks to do."
>
Xayle says, "It still doesn't explain the GMA."
>'It's not GMA unless I kept the runestaff, thanks very much.
You say, "It's not GMA unless I kept the runestaff, thanks very much."
>'I've had plenty of well role-played interactions with the 715 itchy-curse feature.
You say, "I've had plenty of well role-played interactions with the 715 itchy-curse feature."
>
Xayle says, "Mmhm."
>'Had she taken the time to come interact instead of crying to her mum, perhaps she would have realised this.
You say, "Had she taken the time to come interact instead of crying to her mum, perhaps she would have realised this."
>'(The implication that you're old was intended).
You say, "(The implication that you're old was intended)."
>
* Abysso just bit the dust!
>
Xayle asks, "Anything else to add to the story?"
>'Fabrications or reality?
You ask, "Fabrications or reality?"
>'I think that about sums it up, to be honest.
You say, "I think that about sums it up, to be honest."
>
Xayle nods.
>
Xayle says, "Splendid."
>
Emelyn appears in a flash of light, looking slightly disoriented.
>
Emelyn smiles.
>l
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Also here: Lady Emelyn who is sitting, GameMaster Xayle
>
Speaking to Emelyn, Xayle says, "Your turn. I've heard his side, now let's hear yours."
>
Emelyn says, "Hm."
>
Emelyn asks, "The entire situation, or just him stealing my runestaff?"
>say ::Xay How mad would you be if I made faces? Marks out of 10?
Speaking to Xayle, you ask, "How mad would you be if I made faces? Marks out of 10?"
>
Emelyn says, "I don't care about him killing me, I just want my runestaff."
>
Xayle says, "If you make faces or rude remarks, I'll make you unable to do anything but sit there."
>'Cor blimey.
You say, "Cor blimey."
>
You feel your link to the eye begin to weaken. You had better bring it back, and quickly!
>'HEY
You say, "HEY."
>'TIME OUT
You say, "TIME OUT."
>'MY EYE
You say, "MY EYE."
>'Let me out really quick!
You exclaim, "Let me out really quick!"
>
Emelyn says, "We can kill each other for the rest of Gemstone's existance for all I care, but he crossed the line when he took my runestaff."
>
You are stunned.
>

Suddenly you feel a twinge of pain from your wandering eye. Too late you realize the spell is wearing off. A warm trail of blood flows down your cheek from the empty eye socket. A strong jab of intense pain seizes the side of your face as the spell comes to a hideous end.
>'PISS.
You are still stunned.
>
Emelyn laughs at you!
>
You are healed.
>
Xayle says, "More of a story format."
>
Xayle nods to Emelyn.
>
Emelyn says, "Alright."
>
Emelyn says, "Here's everything."
>
Xayle says, "As in the events that led up to the missing runestaff."
>
Emelyn says, "Ok."
>
You are stunned.
>berserk jen
Attack yourself? Isn't that a tad masochistic?
>shake stun
You are still stunned.
>CMAN SHAKE STUN
Unknown option ..."shake"
>XAYLE
Please rephrase that command.
>warn xayle harassment
I could not find what you were referring to.
>
Emelyn says, "Yesterday, JD had his jarl attack him. Twiggs legged it. It fell on someone and killed them. Twiggs then killed it. JD started attackin Twiggs. I drug Twiggs away. He then made comments that he was going to 'overlook' the fact that I drug Twiggs away and that I was smarting off to him over the amulet, as if he was all powerful and above that. I held my ground. He attacked me a little bit later in the park. Emislity slept him (as a defense to seeing me attacked out of nowhere), I immolated him, Twiggs spiked him and killed him. He found Emislity and I later and killed us both."
>
Emelyn says, "Then, I found him and killed him."
>
Emelyn says, "Since then, he's stalked me with his figure, waiting for me to come out. I got tired of it, came out in the open and let him do his thing."
>
Emelyn says, "He cursed me, then repeatedly quaked me and pulled me up, putting me in RT, until I finally dropped my runestaff. He picked up my runestaff and killed me."
>
Emelyn says, "Like I said, I don't care about the killings. It's the runestaff that I care about."
>'You forgot to mention that I did all that with style and grace.
You are still stunned.
>'HEY.
You are still stunned.
>
Emelyn says, "And also the fact that he's done crap like this before and NEVER gets into trouble. I think it's crap how some of the GMs play favorites to high level people."
>
Emelyn says, "Either way, I don't care if he gets in trouble, I just want my runestaff back. And I'm going to kill him again."
>
Xayle asks, "Duly noted. Anything else to add to the story?"
>
Emelyn says, "No, that's it."
>
You are able to move again.
>
'Oh.
You say, "Oh."
>Emelyn says, "My runestaff is a drake-carved sturdy mossbark runestaff, 4x enchanted with multiple zests."
>l
[Consultation Lounge]
>
Speaking to you, Xayle asks, "Brief retort?"
>pond
You ponder.
>
* Gelino just bit the dust!
>'The defendent prays to the honourable Judge Xayle... oh.
You say, "The defendent prays to the honourable Judge Xayle... oh."
>'I'd like to put emphasis on her comment of "she's going to kill me again". For the Court to review, that is.
You say, "I'd like to put emphasis on her comment of "she's going to kill me again". For the Court to review, that is."
>
Xayle leans against her sturdy mossbark runestaff.
>
* Suhnshaye just bit the dust!
>'I'd also like to make it known to the Court that she brought PSINET matters into the game.
You say, "I'd also like to make it known to the Court that she brought PSINET matters into the game."
>
Emelyn says, "I did not."
>
Emelyn says, "That had nothin to do with it."
>
Emelyn says, "Our battles were in character only."
>'I'd also like the Court to note that she plays Emislity. Who magically got involved.
You say, "I'd also like the Court to note that she plays Emislity. Who magically got involved."
>
Emelyn says, "You're the one that used psinet to locate me."
>
Emelyn says, "And I wasn't using Emislity when she slept you."
>
* Renian just bit the dust!
>
Xayle says, "Duly emphasized. And Psinet isn't anything I can do anything about, so bring it up isn't helpful."
>say ::XAY WILL THE JUDGE PLEASE CONTROL THE ROOM. Put her in contempt.
Speaking to Xayle, you say, "WILL THE JUDGE PLEASE CONTROL THE ROOM. Put her in contempt."
>
Emelyn says, "That was her defense to seeing her friend attacked."
>say ::Emel Shut up. It's not your turn to speak.
Speaking to Emelyn, you say, "Shut up. It's not your turn to speak."
>
Xayle touches one finger to her lips.
>
Xayle nods to Emelyn.
>
Emelyn says, "So be it."
>'Hoho.
You say, "Hoho."
>l
[Consultation Lounge]
>say ::Xay I'm practicing to be a lawyer in my synthetic alternate life.
Speaking to Xayle, you say, "I'm practicing to be a lawyer in my synthetic alternate life."
>
Xayle says, "Splendid."
>
Xayle says, "Do continue."
>

And failing, miserably.

>'................................................ .
You say, "................................................. "
>who

Active Players: 587

Staff on duty:
GameMaster Hunterleigh
GameMaster Vesmera
GameMaster Scribes
GameMaster Tridin
GameHost Innai

Use WHO HELP for more options.
>l
[Consultation Lounge]
>'Um. Hmm. No further questions, your honour.
You say, "Um. Hmm. No further questions, your honour."
>'OH.
You say, "OH."
>
Xayle says, "Okay."
>'I'd like that struck from the Court's record.
You say, "I'd like that struck from the Court's record."
>
Xayle asks, "Oh?"
>'I'd like to note that if she had came to me and asked for the runestaff back, it would have been done so.
You say, "I'd like to note that if she had came to me and asked for the runestaff back, it would have been done so."
>
Emelyn laughs!
>
Xayle says, "Noted."
>'Merely looking for interaction was the sole intention of the disarming.
You say, "Merely looking for interaction was the sole intention of the disarming."
>
Xayle asks, "Anything else?"
>'As, CLEARLY evident by past disarmings by my client.
You say, "As, CLEARLY evident by past disarmings by my client."
>'That is all, your honour.
You say, "That is all, your honour. ."
>'CROSS EXAM TIME.
You say, "CROSS EXAM TIME."
>
Xayle cocks her head at Emelyn.
>
Emelyn smiles at Xayle.
>
Xayle asks, "Anything else?"
>mail write
Opening mail composition window...
You sense that your message was delivered.
>
Emelyn says, "I'd like to point out that I wasn't controlling Emislity when she slept him, that was her doing her own thing after seeing her friend (me) attacked."
>
Emelyn says, "Second, I did ask for it back. Not in game, no, but through Psinet, and he stated that I wasn't going to get it back because he imploded it."
>'Objection. Non-pertinent information.
You say, "Objection. Non-pertinent information."
>
Xayle says, "I can stun you again."
>
Xayle nods to you.
>
* Puptilian just bit the dust!
>'Overruled would have sufficed.
You say, "Overruled would have sufficed."
>
Speaking to Emelyn, Xayle asks, "Anything else?"
>
Emelyn says, "And I brought nothing from Psinet into the game. He used psinet to locate me to find my position. I used none of its abilities to find him, and eveything that happened was in character."
>whisper xay HOW FUN IS THIS.
You quietly whisper to Xayle, "HOW FUN IS THIS."
>'BIG OBJECTION YOUR HONOUR. Said person has me blocked on PSInet.
You say, "BIG OBJECTION YOUR HONOUR. Said person has me blocked on PSInet."
>
* Yaldin just bit the dust!
>'Ergo, that's a fib.
>
You say, "Ergo, that's a fib."
>
Emelyn asks, "So?"
>'One cannot locate on PSINEt when one is blocked.
You say, "One cannot locate on PSINEt when one is blocked."
>
* Krystala just bit the dust!
>
Xayle whispers, "About as fun as sand in a thong at the beach."
>whisper xay Hahahaha.
>
You quietly whisper to Xayle, "Hahahaha."
>
Emelyn says, "You located me before I added you to my hate list."
>
Emelyn says, "After you located me is when I added you to my hate list, so you couldn't anymore."
>
* Telerick just bit the dust!
>'But the murder itself was hours after that.
You say, "But the murder itself was hours after that."
>
Xayle says, "You two just let me know when you're done."
>
Emelyn says, "Just saying, you accused me of using psinet matters in game, and it was just the opposite."
>
Emelyn shrugs.
>
Emelyn says, "I'm done."
>say ::Xay Bang the g...the... the wooden thing.
>
Speaking to Xayle, you say, "Bang the g...the... the wooden thing."
>
Xayle ponders.
>
Emelyn says, "I was having fun with it all until he took my runestaff."
>
Spell Elemental Targeting (425) ended. [-47AS, -47ECS]
You feel less confident than before.
>
Xayle removes some silver knitting needles from in her cerulean suede longcoat.
>
Emelyn says, "That's all I'm pissed about."
>
Xayle says, "I could just stab people."
>'If we were having fun, why would you think I wouldn't give it back?
You ask, "If we were having fun, why would you think I wouldn't give it back?"
>
Spell Elemental Barrier (430) ended. [-34DS, -34ETD]
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
>
Emelyn shrugs at you.
>
Emelyn says, "Because you said it was imploded."
>'haha @ knitting needles
Xayle put some silver knitting needles in her cerulean suede longcoat.
>
You say, "Haha @ knitting needles."
>say ::Xayl This furthers my menopausal deduction.
Speaking to Xayle, you say, "This furthers my menopausal deduction."
>
Xayle says, "Don't be so narrow-minded."
>say ::Emel via psinet, yes.
Speaking to Emelyn, you say, "Via psinet, yes."
>'PSINET NOTEQUALSSIGN Gemstone.
You say, "PSINET NOTEQUALSSIGN Gemstone."
>
Emelyn asks, "So, you're expecting me to believe you are lieing, just because it was psinet?"
>
Xayle sits down.
>snick xay
You snicker at Xayle.
>
Xayle folds her arms over her chest.
>say ::Emel Shut up before you irk her.
Speaking to Emelyn, you say, "Shut up before you irk her."
>say ::xay I need a new sweater, for the record.
Speaking to Xayle, you say, "I need a new sweater, for the record."
>l xay
You see GameMaster Xayle.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She appears to be very young and very tall. She has amber-touched mottled blue-green eyes and flawless alabaster skin. She has very long, straight copper-tinged dark chestnut hair drawn back from her face by two slender braids and secured with a length of black leather cording. She has an oval face and slightly pointed ears. She has a tiny pink heart on her right cheek, just below her eye.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a drake-carved sturdy mossbark runestaff in her right hand.
She is wearing a sitting beanbag amazon, a pair of triple-strand earrings suspending lapis lazuli teardrops, a high-collared cerulean suede longcoat, a silver-set ebonwood talisman, a suit of sleek black body armor, a back-laced black leather half-bodice, a petite lapis lazuli-inset ring, a thick black ora manacle, an indigo brocade hip sack shot through with silver threading, a pair of slender suede thigh-strapped sheaths, some side-laced black leather pants, and a pair of knee-high ebon leather boots.
>
Emelyn says, "I'll speak as I wish."
>
Emelyn smiles at you.
>
Emelyn says, "You enjoy telling people to shut up, don't you."
>say ::Xay Kill her.
Speaking to Xayle, you say, "Kill her."
>
Xayle says, "I hear they have retail type places that can accommodate you."
>say ::Xay Now do you see why I off'd her head?
Speaking to Xayle, you ask, "Now do you see why I off'd her head?"
>'Oh. Clever-trousers.
>
You say, "Oh. Clever-trousers."
>
Speaking to Xayle, Emelyn says, "Now what? I've nothin else to add to the story."
>
Xayle says, "Well, you two were still bickering, so I was waiting for it to all get worked out."
>
Emelyn shrugs.
>
Emelyn says, "I'm done."
>
Xayle cocks her head at you.
>
Xayle says, "You're never done, so we'll call it good."
>'I could go on for ages, but I'll cease.
You say, "I could go on for ages, but I'll cease."
>
Xayle stands up.
>'Haa.
You say, "Haa."
>
Emelyn grows indistinct. Slowly it dawns on you that she isn't there anymore.
>l
[Consultation Lounge]
>'HEY.
You say, "HEY."
>
Xayle says, "Hi."
>l
>
[Consultation Lounge]
Also here: GameMaster Xayle

Khariz
06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Okay then I have to respond here saying I found this amusing too. The courtroom antics cracked my shit up. Sorry, Emelyn.

Amaron
06-29-2007, 11:13 AM
All parties involved look like asses.

While some of your comments were funny they drew out the mess and made a GM deal with all the crybabying of she slept me he cursed me crap.

The whole situation is lame.

thefarmer
06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
I see you (Jenova) hamming it up to the GM to get a more favorable response, while Eme gives the cold shoulder.

At least it worked, I suppose.

Tolwynn
06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Are you trying to become the HMC poster child or something?

Celephais
06-29-2007, 11:22 AM
All parties involved look like asses.

++

Atlanteax
06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Every time I read JD's logs, I get this image of the male version of Paris Hilton (and all of the inherent immaturity, irrational selfishness, the "it's NOT FAIR" scream to parental figures, etc etc).

Gan
06-29-2007, 11:34 AM
And failing, miserably

Best line of the story.

:lol:

Drisco
06-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Thought it was pretty funny, but still think your an ass and that Emelyn was in the right for calling a GM into the situation. Also we both know you wouldn't have given her runestaff back.

Jayvn
06-29-2007, 11:51 AM
you totally used the chewbacca defense on that one..... she's like..what about the mechanic abuse and you're like.. Here we have an EWOK... and she's like so let's bring emelyn up to talk. this thread was pretty damn funny though.

Nieninque
06-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Fucking Lame
Same Old Tabor

Augie
06-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Heehee I needed that giggle.

Nieninque
06-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Easily pleased.

Kainen
06-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Typical JD stupidity. Some GMs must be damned patient to be able to put up with his bullshit when he gets talked to. However.. Emelyn COULD have tried to get her runestaff back first.. even though JD said he imploded it, I figure he didn't and lied about it as usual.

Sean
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't believe he impoded the staff either. Tabor needs GS to feel good about himself and although stealing the staff is a GMA imploding it potentially could have led to him suffering through 30 days of withdrawls.

Augie
06-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Easily pleased.

Yes, I actually am. Especially after having a shitty morning when some bratty rugrat was screaming at at 7:30 AM for an hour and no one in the hotel could shut the little fucker up.

So after being awoken by some inconsiderate bastards result of shoddy sperm, the log was amusing consdering the morning's been shitty. But thanks for asking.

Nieninque
06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Yes, I actually am. Especially after having a shitty morning when some bratty rugrat was screaming at at 7:30 AM for an hour and no one in the hotel could shut the little fucker up.

So after being awoken by some inconsiderate bastards result of shoddy sperm, the log was amusing consdering the morning's been shitty. But thanks for asking.

So you found the rantings of some petulant child amusing after a morning listening to the whining of another?

Well, if it works for you, that's cool I guess.

mgoddess
06-29-2007, 01:31 PM
JD seriously needs to get off his high horse and remember that he's not the only paying customer for GemStone.

Typical JD stupidity. Some GMs must be damned patient to be able to put up with his bullshit when he gets talked to.

Every time I read JD's logs, I get this image of the male version of Paris Hilton (and all of the inherent immaturity, irrational selfishness, the "it's NOT FAIR" scream to parental figures, etc etc).

QFT x2.

SpunGirl
06-29-2007, 01:51 PM
The only person I felt sorry for in that exchange was Xayle.

-K

CrystalTears
06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/IM-IN-UR/uninterested.jpg

SpunGirl
06-29-2007, 02:02 PM
I did have to laugh at Emelyn's excuse, "OH I WASN'T PLAYING HER AT THE TIME." So I guess if Naessi does something stupid at any point, I can use the Emisluty excuse and be like "Oh but I wasn't playing her, plz go talk to the player of Marclar because that was totally him."

-K

Kainen
06-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I did have to laugh at Emelyn's excuse, "OH I WASN'T PLAYING HER AT THE TIME." So I guess if Naessi does something stupid at any point, I can use the Emisluty excuse and be like "Oh but I wasn't playing her, plz go talk to the player of Marclar because that was totally him."

-K

:lol:

Makkah
06-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Also we both know you wouldn't have given her runestaff back.

Bullshit alert. Tabor has done this to a few people and has given it back everytime I've seen... (without GM interaction)

EmeWiz
06-29-2007, 02:38 PM

-K

Emislity and I are two different players. We play each other occasionally, but we are still two different players. At that time, it was her, and I didn't tell her I was expecting an attack, nor did I ask for her help. I didn't even know JD was going to attack me, anyway - that was out of no where.

Stunseed
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
< Bullshit alert. Tabor has done this to a few people and has given it back everytime I've seen... (without GM interaction) >

I'm not all in his kool-aid like yourself, but I've not seen an interaction where this is true.

Makkah
06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Off the top... Grandsome. Play again.

Atlanteax
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Off the top... Grandsome. Play again.

Grandsome has some higher-up friends, and is one of the few players who does not make questionable decisions because of that.

So it was in JD's best interests to return anything taken from Grandsome to him. You cannot necessary say the same about "some random player" that JD decides the case to be.

Makkah
06-29-2007, 03:01 PM
ROFL you're kidding, right? Plenty of people have the SAME "higher-up" friends... trust me.

EDITed to say that this was a non-factor in that situation, nothing more.

GS4Khistian
06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Xayle says, "So, in as few words as possible, explain to me why you cursed someone, stole their runestaff, then killed them."

You ask, "Will three dots suffice?"

Ha! That fucking killed me. Nice log.

Liberi Fatali
06-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Let's be honest here -- if I broke as many rules as people claim I do, I would NOT still be a customer of Simutronics. You CANNOT steal a person's weapon -- by any means. It's just not allowed. In each and every scenario I've ever been a part of that involved my character 715ing someone, the weapon has been returned. You'd be instantly banned if you passed off the weapon to another account or tried to keep it.

That's not to say, however, that I wouldn't hold on to it for awhile. When I took Stunseed's weapon, I had it for roughly a few days. He, like Emelyn, made no attempt in game to come get it back -- which is why the GM's intervened and requested I give it back.

Grandsome, on the otherhand, actually knew how to handle the situation. I've stolen his weapon on three separate occassions. Unlike every other person that its happened to, he KNEW that I'd eventually have to give it back; ergo, he did not go crying to the GMs that "some big bad Sorcerer stole it" like every other person does. Rather than getting pissed off and crying, he roleplayed the event. We even got RPAs the second time we did it -- and the weapon ALWAYS got returned to him (it was an 8x greatsword, by the way).

GM's do take mechanic theft seriously, I assure you. However, there's no theft on my part, which is why I'm still around and playing the game.

Celephais
06-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm disappointed the GMs didn't address the quake/pull GMA.

CrystalTears
06-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I just wonder why you feel the need to take the weapon in the first place.

Liberi Fatali
06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I just wonder why you feel the need to take the weapon in the first place.

Killing obviously had no effect on her -- she even stated that she "didn't care that I killed her". To some people, death has no consequences to them. Borrowing their prized item(s) can and DOES make them so upset that they forgot all about murdering me. It serves for better interactions; unless, of course, they think I'm a thief and report to the GMs that I'm never going to give it back.

Celephais
06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Killing obviously had no effect on her -- she even stated that she "didn't care that I killed her". To some people, death has no consequences to them. Borrowing their prized item(s) can and DOES make them so upset that they forgot all about murdering me. It serves for better interactions; unless, of course, they think I'm a thief and report to the GMs that I'm never going to give it back.

If you were looking for interaction, why in PSINet did you say you imploded it?

It's clear the interaction you were looking for was GM interaction, the "Hey look at me" interaction. You wanted to get reported with a comment like that, and the fact it was Psinet just gave you all the more excuse to prance infront of GMs.

SpunGirl
06-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I think it's clear that PsiNet, in the hands of morons, can be an impediment to RP.

-K

Liberi Fatali
06-29-2007, 03:38 PM
If you were looking for interaction, why in PSINet did you say you imploded it?

It's clear the interaction you were looking for was GM interaction, the "Hey look at me" interaction. You wanted to get reported with a comment like that, and the fact it was Psinet just gave you all the more excuse to prance infront of GMs.

I'm not sure I comprehend your quote. Why would I want to get pulled into the lounge? What could be gained (on my behalf) from speaking with a GM over such an issue?

The PSInet quote about imploding the weapon was just to add fuel to the fire. Again, you can't purposely steal someone's weapon and then implode it and still be playing the game.

I'm a Confederate Jack Sparrow.

Rune
06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
lol, that log was fucking hilarious. I don't even care about the GMA.

Celephais
06-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure I comprehend your quote. Why would I want to get pulled into the lounge? What could be gained (on my behalf) from speaking with a GM over such an issue?

The PSInet quote about imploding the weapon was just to add fuel to the fire. Again, you can't purposely steal someone's weapon and then implode it and still be playing the game.

I'm a Confederate Jack Sparrow.

>'I stealz your stuff
>mychar plans to return it
Other guy says "Hai giv bak!"
>'I impolodz it
>mychar I really didn't
Other guy walks away.
>mychar oh boi, here comes my RPA!!!
You feel yourself getting pulled into lounge...

If any of your threads have shown anything, it's that you love getting pulled into the lounge and then exploiting a loophole in the wording of the rules. You can't seriously think we believe you didn't enjoy getting pulled up?

Nieninque
06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
That's not to say, however, that I wouldn't hold on to it for awhile.

DEAR FUCKFACE,

HOLDING ON TO SOMETHING THAT ISNT YOURS FOR A WHILE IS THE SAME AS TAKING SOMETHING AND NOT GIVING IT BACK.

The end.

Ronald Biggs: Yes your honour...I did take several billion pounds worth of gold, but I was just holding on to it for a while and would have given it back if they had just asked nicely.

Nieninque
06-29-2007, 03:46 PM

So you can say "HAY GUSY...I R SMART

Liberi Fatali
06-29-2007, 03:47 PM
DEAR FUCKFACE,

HOLDING ON TO SOMETHING THAT ISNT YOURS FOR A WHILE IS THE SAME AS TAKING SOMETHING AND NOT GIVING IT BACK.

The end.

Ronald Biggs: Yes your honour...I did take several billion pounds worth of gold, but I was just holding on to it for a while and would have given it back if they had just asked nicely.

1). You don't play Gemstone.

2). You obviously weren't a GM when you did play Gemstone.

3). If your commandment were reality, I would be banned.

4). Goodbye horses.

SpunGirl
06-29-2007, 03:47 PM

Don't forget, "If they had asked nicely with interaction." Goddammit Nien you crack me up.

-K

Liberi Fatali
06-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Don't forget, "If they had asked nicely with interaction." Goddammit Nien you crack me up.

-K

Easily amused.

Celephais
06-29-2007, 03:50 PM
So... seriously, you thought you were just "adding fuel to the fire" when you told him you imploded it? Like he would keep RPing like he could ask for it back? Or do you plan to skirt that question still?

StrayRogue
06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
No wonder nothing ever get's done behind the scene's at GS. They're always sorting our such juvenile bullshit.

SpunGirl
06-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Easily amused.

And your menopausal humor is so highbrow.

-K

Makkah
06-29-2007, 04:06 PM
CE GMs != DEV GMs, Stay

StrayRogue
06-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Yes because I'm sure they do nothing behind the scene's. Stop sticking up for you bf plz. You're starting to sound like Jamus and Zim.

Drew
06-29-2007, 04:08 PM
So... seriously, you thought you were just "adding fuel to the fire" when you told him you imploded it? Like he would keep RPing like he could ask for it back? Or do you plan to skirt that question still?

He said it on PSInet. This should have 0 affect on how the character reacts.

Makkah
06-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Was just making a comment. Much like: it's 'scenes'.

StrayRogue
06-29-2007, 04:15 PM
It wouldn't be your first in this thread, or in any other JD thread tho would it.

Celephais
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
He said it on PSInet. This should have 0 affect on how the character reacts.

You would hope, but if that were the case why would JD claim he was fueling the fire for a better in game reaction, when it's nearly impossible for someone to ignore that information IC. It shouldn't become IC information, but it does... There is no reason for him to say that at all other than just to be a dick in hope of a report to the GMs. He was attempting to goad whoever it was into taking that information IC and reporting (besides, reporting is OOC anyway).

Aphyd
06-29-2007, 04:20 PM
For the record, i've interacted with people in Plat many times and killed them and took their stuff...Not once has a GM had to get involved...and the event always led to a roleplaying interaction and everyone ended up with their stuff back.

(Example: The other day someone stole something from me...I smashed them and took their shield....then refused to give the shield back until they returned what they stole from me...They refused out of pride, so I hung on to the shield....about an hour later one of their friends came up to me and offered to "buy" the shield for 50k...then bought it and gave it back to them)

I know Jenovadeath has a pretty rough reputation in Prime...and fucks with people a lot...but sometimes people are just whiny babies. Assisting for a GM every time someone pisses in your koolaid is some crybaby bullshit.

Amaron
06-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Prime is not plat and JD is a fucking ass while everyone I have met in plat has been cool when it came to giving back items and such.

I have a lot more faith in plat folks that I do in JD, especially after reading thread after thread of BS from him.

Tea & Strumpets
06-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Itchy curse and the like is a juvenile way of attempting to exert your influence over the other. I'm sure you'd cry like a gurl if I disarmed your stupid longsword and then made it impossible for you to get it back without grovelling.

Your dumb ass paper defense of "I would have given it back if she asked" is such a load of bullshit. No one should have to ask for their weapon back because using itchy curse and disarm to take people's weapon is a violation of policy. It's obvious the CvC was just a juvenile pissing contest (nothing wrong with that, imo), but you felt spurned that the person "didn't care" that you killed them, and demanded they respect your authoritae (ala Cartman).

While I'm not a big fan of REPORTing, you were the one that forced Emislutty to make a choice between reporting, or grovelling for her possessions back after you broke policy because of your inability to garner respect with your CS.

Grow up and stop attempting to appear intelligent.

Aphyd
06-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Prime is not plat and JD is a fucking ass while everyone I have met in plat has been cool when it came to giving back items and such.

True...

I guess droppage also helps balance things out in Plat..Someone has your stuff? Kill em'....they'll drop what they're holding. Not holding anything? Watch them decay....they'll drop everything :)

Jolena
06-29-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm wondering why the log stops after this point..

Emelyn grows indistinct. Slowly it dawns on you that she isn't there anymore.
>l
[Consultation Lounge]
>'HEY.
You say, "HEY."
>
Xayle says, "Hi."
>l
>
[Consultation Lounge]
Also here: GameMaster Xayle

Krendeli
06-29-2007, 05:53 PM
It's not often that Emislity looks like the normal cunt in an interaction. Good job JD!

SpunGirl
06-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Hahahahaha quoteworthy.

-K

Sean of the Thread
06-29-2007, 06:02 PM
ROFL JD your ass-hattery simply doesn't amuse me anymore. It used to be fun to laugh at you but now it's just rather boring. Get a new shtick already or save us the monotony.

Nieninque
06-29-2007, 06:06 PM
It's not often that Emislity looks like the normal cunt in an interaction. Good job JD!

http://www.westhamforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/laughingsmiley.gif

Makkah
06-29-2007, 06:18 PM
ROFL JD your ass-hattery simply doesn't amuse me anymore. It used to be fun to laugh at you but now it's just rather boring. Get a new shtick already or save us the monotony.

You do know what that acronym means, right?

SpunGirl
06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay, that was pretty funny.

-K

Khariz
06-29-2007, 07:36 PM

Interesting point, but that's NOT Emislity. You folks need to learn to read. Or maybe it's because I know Emelyn's player outside of the game. Definately NOT Emislity.

TheEschaton
06-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Seriously, how is JD not a HMC with all the "I'm breaking-all-the-rules-but-OH-NOES-IZ-IZZINT!!!!!111" crap?

-TheE-

Sean of the Thread
06-29-2007, 08:09 PM
rofl

what a joke

EmeWiz
06-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Thank you, Khariz. Once again, Emislity and I are two different players/characters. It was Emelyn that was involved in all of this, and Emelyn's player (me). Although Jenova is convinced I'm Emislity and that I was MA'ing when Emislity slept him, it was the real Emislity that slept him while it was the real Emelyn (me) that immolated him and whined to the GMs. And sorry, JD, I didn't get a warn like you thought you knew I did, because I wasn't MA'ing.

Sean of the Thread
06-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Well since it's on topic... heheheh.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/motivator242260.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/emislity.jpg

Back
06-29-2007, 09:23 PM
I have to say this JD. If you were one of my customers and you came at me with that kind of attitude I would shove the lousy $15-$50 dollars you gave me up your arse, show you the door, then throw you out. Nothing personal.

Amazing how much GS tolerates.

Tolwynn
06-29-2007, 09:26 PM
It's the old 90/10 saw, 90% of your trouble is generated by 10% of your customers. When you realize you can more than get by without those 10%, your work becomes so much easier.

Akari
07-01-2007, 05:27 AM
holy shit... do you guys realize that without things like this happening, GS would be fucking boring... OMG JD IS EVIL HE IS BENDING THE RULES!?!?! BAN HIM!!!! when in all actuality, there has to be people that bend the rules and make shit interesting, or you'd have nothing to bitch your whiny little assess off about...
Anyways, JD you're a dick for taking the runestaff. But nothing more... just a dick, not a banned dick, just a regular dick... I hope you can still live with yourself after all of this
I hate you JD, cause I wanted to do that to Shriv and never actually got the chance... I hate you like I hate Kobe Bryant because he's a dickhead, and so damn good at being one, that my dickheadery isn't noticed...
I hope you are banned next time so I can be the major dickhead someday that everyone hates.

PS there are very few things I see in GS that actually make me laugh out loud... that post was one of em

Sean
07-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Or people just have to have a different version of interesting than you. The whole thing could have been settled by JD when he was stacking her RT and cursing her with an OOC whisper telling her that he just wanted to RP out the situation and that she'd get her runestaff back. Although personally I'd just spend 100k on a new runestaff than grovel to JD for my own shit back.

Amaron
07-01-2007, 10:32 AM
No, what people like him do is tie up GM time in dealing with his garbage and annoy folks in the process.

If the game is boring without folks like him then I prefer boring (which it is not really but geez).

J

Nieninque
07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Or people just have to have a different version of interesting than you. The whole thing could have been settled by JD when he was stacking her RT and cursing her with an OOC whisper telling her that he just wanted to RP out the situation and that she'd get her runestaff back. Although personally I'd just spend 100k on a new runestaff than grovel to JD for my own shit back.

Oh please be serious.
How much ePeen flexing would there be in that?
How many people would have been interested in that log?
Good grief.

Parkbandit
07-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Yes because I'm sure they do nothing behind the scene's. Stop sticking up for you bf plz. You're starting to sound like Jamus and Zim.

LOL

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/skinny_bitch_bookjacket.jpg

Ignot
07-01-2007, 01:02 PM
You say, "Overruled would have sufficed."

funniest line in that whole log. Alos, if you register an item doesn't it prevent it from being destroyed via spells and such or did I just make that up?

Makkah
07-01-2007, 01:36 PM
(bulimia, once again)

Akari
07-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh please be serious.
How much ePeen flexing would there be in that?
How many people would have been interested in that log?
Good grief.

you beat me to it Nieninque...

Fallen
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Itchy curse and the like is a juvenile way of attempting to exert your influence over the other. I'm sure you'd cry like a gurl if I disarmed your stupid longsword and then made it impossible for you to get it back without grovelling.

I've actually had this done to Jenovadeath. He didn't report/assist. We had a fun interaction.

Whimsi
07-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Fucking Lame
Same Old Tabor

Bitchzilla
Same Old Nien

GSJuergen
07-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I just love the fact that the GM was like oh boy here we go again.. no offense JD.

Ehh I'd give the win to you just because you made her look like an ass, without being too much of one yourself

Nieninque
07-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Bitchzilla
Same Old Nien

Boohoo

Drew2
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Tabor cracks me up as usual.

CMAN SHAKE STUN = rofl

Edit: I called him Will because of his fuckin AIM screen name. I'm stupid.

grapedog
07-19-2007, 04:33 PM
i've had one interaction with Jeno since I picked up Gemstone two months ago...and I thought his character was in general a big baby. If you didn't respect that character immediately or cower in fear of him...he brought out his CS and cast some spells.

Wow...thanks for the RP...another capped character acting like they are god because they've capped a character and can skirt game mechanics. Haven't run into that in a few...hours.

Sorry Jeno, respect is not earned by being high level...it's earned by not being a fucking prat, which is what you are. If I'm going to be scared of a high level sorcerer, it's going to be someone cool like Thalios.

Khariz
07-19-2007, 05:16 PM
i've had one interaction with Jeno since I picked up Gemstone two months ago...and I thought his character was in general a big baby. If you didn't respect that character immediately or cower in fear of him...he brought out his CS and cast some spells.

Wow...thanks for the RP...another capped character acting like they are god because they've capped a character and can skirt game mechanics. Haven't run into that in a few...hours.

Sorry Jeno, respect is not earned by being high level...it's earned by not being a fucking prat, which is what you are. If I'm going to be scared of a high level sorcerer, it's going to be someone cool like Thalios.

The difference between him and most of the people who "roleplay" like that, is that's he has always consistently been like that for the last 10 years or so that I have been aware of him.

He's him. He didn't buy some schmuck and act all big and bad.

Michaelous
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
as it is pretty clear you got some friends in high places. be thankful your still allowed to interact in the manner that you do, if that were me, i wouldve got a send for attacking my animate in town.

"No mean people allowed in gemstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" FTL

Warriorbird
07-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Ha ha ha. I wish there were no morons allowed in GS.

Ignot
07-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Ha ha ha. I wish there were no morons allowed in GS.

I wish there were no morons in the world.

FinisWolf
07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow. Musta been an amusing story, I actually read the whole thing.

:-)

Finis

FinisWolf
07-19-2007, 09:01 PM

I don't know you, nor do I really know Jeno. I also do not know the specifics of the interaction; however, I will say I have ran into PC's on numerous occasions that get a warning from a higher level char that they are being disrespectful, they don't listen and then they get slapped around.

Then the n00b PC cries to the GM's (and other then Zyllah) the n00b PC gets laughed at told well, if you didn't want bent over and spanked, then you shouldn't have acted a damn fool, huh?

In the cases I am describing, the n00b PC deserves it. PERIOD! Don't expect to be allowed to talk smack,and not get spanked. In the era of the game we are playing, there would be alot of times a warning wouldn't even be issued, but policy dictates that we be a bit OOC and issue the warning before the n00b is spanked.

Even I was on the side of the fence where I got spanked, and it happened more then once. It happens. No biggie, and it's simply a part of the game play, and generally is simply a part of the RP.

Finis

Drisco
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Booo this thread is dead

FinisWolf
07-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Now, according to Drisco, once I post in a thread, the thread is dead, so no more posting in a thread after I do. LOL

Finis

grapedog
07-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't know you, nor do I really know Jeno. I also do not know the specifics of the interaction; however, I will say I have ran into PC's on numerous occasions that get a warning from a higher level char that they are being disrespectful, they don't listen and then they get slapped around.

Then the n00b PC cries to the GM's (and other then Zyllah) the n00b PC gets laughed at told well, if you didn't want bent over and spanked, then you shouldn't have acted a damn fool, huh?

In the cases I am describing, the n00b PC deserves it. PERIOD! Don't expect to be allowed to talk smack,and not get spanked. In the era of the game we are playing, there would be alot of times a warning wouldn't even be issued, but policy dictates that we be a bit OOC and issue the warning before the n00b is spanked.

Even I was on the side of the fence where I got spanked, and it happened more then once. It happens. No biggie, and it's simply a part of the game play, and generally is simply a part of the RP.

Finis

Lowbies get slapped around by a higher level character because they can, not because it's RP...it also does nothing to address the issue of respect. Slapping around a low level character is not going to create a bond or lead to any good RP, it's only going to breed distrust and dislike on at least one side, probably both.

Attacking or using spells on someone half your level adds absolutely nothing to the game except to perpetuate violence and poor RP. There are many different avenues a person can take that could promote RP and also form a bond of respect...but saying the equivalent of "STFU NOOB, I'm high level, you're not" is not one of them.

I was fine with Jeno using his spells on me, I'm just going avoid any RP situations involving him in the future because obviously he's not very good at it. If he can't RP like an adult, or with any maturity, I'm not going to waste my time on him.

I'm directing this towards Jeno because I've had a run in and the thread was here. But it's meant for anyone who uses level as a first point to see if a person is worth listening too or interacting with. I don't see how calling someone a fool, for acting like one, is going to be much different when I'm 100...except I'm won't be the token kicking boy at that point. That shouldn't make a difference in an RP situation...but it does, which is not good RP.
I'm not going to respect someone who uses levels as a basis for right or wrong. Respect from lower level characters is something that should be earned, not given because you're 100 trainings...that just shows you know how to hunt which is relatively easy in this game.

Like me, I'm sure there are plenty of people who have played this game for many many years, and never gotten a high level character simply because it's not an important point...and it shouldn't be the deciding factor in who is right or wrong.

Liberi Fatali
07-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Lowbies get slapped around by a higher level character because they can, not because it's RP...it also does nothing to address the issue of respect. Slapping around a low level character is not going to create a bond or lead to any good RP, it's only going to breed distrust and dislike on at least one side, probably both.

Attacking or using spells on someone half your level adds absolutely nothing to the game except to perpetuate violence and poor RP. There are many different avenues a person can take that could promote RP and also form a bond of respect...but saying the equivalent of "STFU NOOB, I'm high level, you're not" is not one of them.

I was fine with Jeno using his spells on me, I'm just going avoid any RP situations involving him in the future because obviously he's not very good at it. If he can't RP like an adult, or with any maturity, I'm not going to waste my time on him.

I'm directing this towards Jeno because I've had a run in and the thread was here. But it's meant for anyone who uses level as a first point to see if a person is worth listening too or interacting with. I don't see how calling someone a fool, for acting like one, is going to be much different when I'm 100...except I'm won't be the token kicking boy at that point. That shouldn't make a difference in an RP situation...but it does, which is not good RP.
I'm not going to respect someone who uses levels as a basis for right or wrong. Respect from lower level characters is something that should be earned, not given because you're 100 trainings...that just shows you know how to hunt which is relatively easy in this game.

Like me, I'm sure there are plenty of people who have played this game for many many years, and never gotten a high level character simply because it's not an important point...and it shouldn't be the deciding factor in who is right or wrong.

Who do you play, curiously?

Xaerve
07-20-2007, 08:49 AM

Malok.

Malok
07-29-2007, 08:42 PM

Malok.

Interesting. :)

Parkbandit
07-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Interesting. :)

pwned.

PS - How's it hanging Malok I?

Drisco
07-29-2007, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't tell him he will keep PWNING you with his lvl 100 character :O

Sthrockmorton
07-29-2007, 11:40 PM
I miss the days when a higher level char could just "thump" someone under "Lord" status and it'd stun them...

Malok
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Doing alright here. I always like to check in periodically to see the latest/greatest. :)