PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 7: Hacked?

Gan
06-21-2007, 05:48 PM
BOSTON (Reuters) - The mystery surrounding the end to fictional boy wizard Harry Potter's saga deepened on Wednesday with a computer hacker posting what he said were key plot details and a publisher warned the details could be fake.

The hacker, who goes by the name "Gabriel", claims to have taken a digital copy of author J.K. Rowling's seventh and final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", by breaking into a computer at London-based Bloomsbury Publishing.

For months now, leading up to the book's July 21 release, legions of "Harry Potter" fans have debated whether Rowling killed Harry or one of his best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, in the final book.

Gabriel has posted information at Web site InSecure.org that, if true, would answer that question.

"We make this spoiler to make reading of the upcoming book useless and boring," Gabriel said in the posting.

"Harry Potter" publishers have taken great pains to keep the conclusion a secret and preserve the multibillion-dollar entertainment enterprise surrounding the boy wizard.

A Bloomsbury spokesman declined comment on the hacker's claims.

Kyle Good, a spokesman for U.S. distributor Scholastic, would not say whether the posting was accurate, but did warn readers to be sceptical about anything on the Web that claims to have inside information on the book's plot.

more...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUKN2028966520070621

Lies! All Lies!!!

:medieval:

Miss X
06-21-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't wanna know omg!

Asha
Hahahaha omg

Khariz
I read the spoilers at the site. I seriously doubt that's what happens. I personally wouldn't care enough for that to be a major impact.

Augie
06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
I read the spoilers at the site. I seriously doubt that's what happens. I personally wouldn't care enough for that to be a major impact.

Yeah I read them too. It doesn't seem likely that is what happened, but who knows? We'll have to wait until July 21st to find out.

Either way, even reading the spoilers, my enjoyment of the book won't be lessened.

Drisco
06-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Hoping it's all a lie cause I like Hermione:(

SpunGirl
06-21-2007, 08:01 PM
That's stupid. Doesn't this "hacker" realize that people who like to read will read the book because, um, they like to read? Posting a spoiler doesn't diminish the rest of the work, which will definitely be entertaining.

-K

TheEschaton
06-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Those spoilers don't even make sense with how the current story has gone.

Though, I just realized there's less than a month to go!!!!! Amazon has this thing where they're shipping it to make sure it gets TO YOUR HOUSE exactly on 7/21. I'm gonna wait by my mailbox all day that Saturday.

-TheE-

Jayvn
06-21-2007, 08:23 PM
is this the one where she finally gets pregnant?

Khariz
06-22-2007, 12:17 AM
is this the one where she finally gets pregnant?

I'd do her.

StrayRogue
06-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Heh, do any of you guys have the original (non-American) versions of the books? I hear they lose like 10 pages each when they get ported over the ocean.

Nieninque
06-22-2007, 05:05 AM
That would be the space they save from missing out "u"s

TheEschaton
06-22-2007, 07:21 AM
I have some of the original ENglish ones, when I was in Africa, there were far more Europeans than American aid workers.

LordBacl
06-22-2007, 07:44 AM
J.K. Rowling hints at Harry Potter date rape...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/j_k_rowling_hints_at_harry_potter

Nieninque
06-22-2007, 07:52 AM
lol

Skeeter
06-22-2007, 02:53 PM
I would read the book if there was a date rape

Hips
06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
I bought the first four books while I was in England four or five years ago, so mine are most likely the non-American versions.