PDA

View Full Version : Merchanting Moderator

Satira
06-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Yep, it's me now. Here are the rules boys and girls.

Selling practices are -entirely- up to the person posting the thread.

Simply bumping a thread can be done twice a day. Updating bids can be done a few times a day, but if it gets out of hand I'll stop it. Additional posts can be answers to questions in that thread, or more information about the items being posted. In other words, try not to be annoying.

Posts telling people off or complaining about their general selling practices and/or items in the merchanting folder threads will be deleted. If you have problems or issues with someone, you can make a separate thread in the complaints folder or take it up with them privately.

Discussions and questions with the seller about pricing on items and their properties are welcome.

Now go forth and behave.

SpunGirl
06-21-2007, 04:20 PM
/worship.

-K

fallenSaint
06-21-2007, 04:53 PM
What?! This thread has nothing to do with selling or buying! Someone call the moderator! ;P

Ardwen
06-21-2007, 05:04 PM
what? theres rules here? dammit I need a new area to sell shit!

Asha
06-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow grats.
All we need now is mods to replace those who've fucked off.
But tbh it's not made any difference them being gone.

The Ponzzz
06-21-2007, 06:00 PM
bump

Gan
06-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Teh merchant knotzie hath spoken.

seik heil!

Parkbandit
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
I hope these rules to not apply to any Tsin posts.. since those threads normally deliver.

Asha
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh God i didn't think of that.
If you're going to be a proper Nazi mod for this folder then please, for the good of our PC descriminate against the Tsin.
Also, can you see about a 100m + folder.
It's a change from checking the 10m + on the officials hoping there's something actually worth looking into.
And without Tsin, the items would likely be something in the right folder.

Miss X
06-21-2007, 06:31 PM
This folder needs pretty tight moderation with no exclusions. That's why we needed a new moderator who still plays GS and has the right skills to deal with threads like the ones involving Tsin. Satira is perfect for the job! Yay.

Asha
06-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I'd have said Fallen, Strayrogue, Kitsun, Allen or AD would have better knowledge on the whole subject (no offense Satira). But when I think of mods knowing anything about the folder they moderate meaning anything, I realise it's just a case of telling people to stfu and that's it.
If it's about 'having the right skillz' to deal with anything relating to Tsin then anyone here could have moderated this thread.

ctrl + v ''STFU Tsin''

Miss X
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
None of those you mentioned applied. Satira is an active merchant who plays Gemstone regularly. She is also very diplomatic and level headed. We're really glad to have her on board (Zipper Zane Lowe styleee). ;0

Augie
06-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Satira FTW! :heart:

Asha
06-21-2007, 07:10 PM
No doubting :heart: Satira!

Rinswynd
06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I (for what now, three?) truly applaud Satira's appointment.I think you are absolutely correct about her demeanor, as well as her diplomacy. I also think she has a fair level of intimacy with, and activity on the Merchant's Market. Not only that, but she's not bad looking! (Ducks and glances about, hoping Astari missed the whole thing)

That said, I think there needs to be serious discussion about the bitching-posts-will-be-deleted-unless crammed-into-the-less-read-COMPLAINTS-folder idea. I think some posts are complaints, but also NEED to be here. People who've been around a good long while should be able to complain about a 5x set of fulls (no niceties, either) selling for four mill. Newcomers aren't going to understand the pricing, see that they can just PayPal themselves up some Tsin (read: Uber) gear, they will, not realizing that the price is STOOPIT in the extreme because we will have had all our "WTF, moron, try that again while actually AWAKE?" deleted.

Now, while that may sound like I am looking out for the newbies, and trying to save them cash, well, thank-you, but no.

I don't want the economic fallout (my price for basic 5x brig hitting 6-7 mill) that is sure to follow those kind of practices, for one. And for another, I just needed a point to show that there are needed, AND unneeded gripes in most of the post in this folder, and I am too loaded right now (and WAY too tired) to really drag up all the points I may have stuffed in my brain.

Rins.

PS.

Yes, you may feel free to delete my post now, Knotzie.

::grin::

Parkbandit
06-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd have said Fallen, Strayrogue, Kitsun, Allen or AD would have better knowledge on the whole subject (no offense Satira).

LOL at your Strayrogue nomination. Just because he plays GS still, does not make him mature enough for the moderation duties this folder warrants. Hell, why not just nominate Warclaidhm.. I'm sure he's playing again, if that's your only criteria.

Asha
06-21-2007, 07:53 PM
LOL at your Strayrogue nomination. Just because he plays GS still, does not make him mature enough for the moderation duties this folder warrants. Hell, why not just nominate Warclaidhm.. I'm sure he's playing again, if that's your only criteria.

Read. It wasn't based on 'moderation duties' but knowledge of the criteria.
He's a prick, Satira's hot. We have a moderator.

Parkbandit
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
He's a prick, Satira's hot. We have a moderator.

/agree

SpunGirl
06-21-2007, 08:04 PM
She told me this in confidence, but Satira's Moderating Idol is none other than the dearly departed Quabu. Have fun, kiddos!

-K

Fallen
06-21-2007, 08:58 PM
A good choice. I am glad the merchant folder will become a bit more regulated.

Drew
06-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I applied but, I presume, was turned down. Satira is a good choice though.

Asha
06-21-2007, 08:59 PM
No wait, that's bullshit.
You should have got the job.

allen
06-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I'd have said Fallen, Strayrogue, Kitsun, Allen or AD would have better knowledge on the whole subject (no offense Satira).
ctrl + v ''STFU Tsin''

I'd just ban Tsin

TheEschaton
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I didn't apply, but I have, like, 5,000 more posts than her. They should make me a mod of something.

-TheE-

The Ponzzz
06-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Satira will need a fab job, maybe she will accept bribes to keep trash talking, flaming and destroying of sales posts.

Back
06-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Satira is hot? Hmm...

Satira -> :club: <- Backlash

(thats me hitting on her)

The Ponzzz
06-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Oh fuck, here we go again. She likes sports. And her name is Russ.

AestheticDeath
06-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Congrats!

TheSmooth1
06-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Way to suck up, people.

Alfster
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh fuck, here we go again. She likes sports. And her name is Russ.

My thoughts exactly.

Backlash = creepy

Back
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Whatever, :pig:.

Hips
06-21-2007, 11:16 PM
YAY SATIRA. :heart:

Stunseed
06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Huzzah to Satira. I'm sure she'll be a great choice for the moderator of this folder.

( I was rejected, too :( )

Satira
06-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I'll use common sense when I'm doing the mod thang. If you want to POLITELY warn people against someone in a thread, then fine. If you're gonna turn it into a flaming fest or into a discussion about how much people hate someone- no sorry. Things need to stay on topic.

Personally, I think the Tsin discussion is played out.

The Ponzzz
06-21-2007, 11:57 PM
</3

Fallen
06-22-2007, 12:26 AM
None of those you mentioned applied. Satira is an active merchant who plays Gemstone regularly. She is also very diplomatic and level headed. We're really glad to have her on board (Zipper Zane Lowe styleee). ;0 >>

Bah! I didn't even see that you were taking applications. Where was the post calling for them?

Drew
06-22-2007, 01:24 AM
It was in some Tsin thread.

Drew
06-22-2007, 01:30 AM
No wait, that's bullshit.
You should have got the job.

It doesn't matter really, I just was offering to help out, I'm not one of those people who gets off on being a moderator. I was a moderator here umm... about 8 years ago (whenever the PC first came into being) after Kelood and myself migrated over here right before the-spot imploded, where we had been moderators before Kelood got himself banned.

The Ponzzz
06-22-2007, 01:43 AM
I like your cock, Drew.

Drew
06-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks man, no matter how many times I hear that I can't say I get tired of it. What do you think about my cock's jacket? Too much?

Asha
06-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Nah man. I'm feeling your cocks jacket.

Drew
06-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Nah man. I'm feeling your cocks jacket.

Wow... this is.. umm, awkward, but.. man. I just don't really think you should do that. I mean, we can still be friends, but not... that.

Davenshire
06-22-2007, 04:16 AM
What do you think about my cock's jacket? Too much?

no actually he should put on another jacket. yer cock looks like he might catch something with only one on. It looks like bad weather where he is at in the picture.

Celephais
06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
About time, good to hear (Sorry for the late bump but... yeah it needed moderation).

Tea & Strumpets
06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Personally, I think the Tsin discussion is played out.

What does your opinion have to do with it? I hope our new mod isn't going to protect a notorious scammer that readily admits it.

GuildRat
06-25-2007, 09:56 AM
What does your opinion have to do with it? I hope our new mod isn't going to protect a notorious scammer that readily admits it.

She basically said that if there's an item with questionable properties, as has been the case, that it would be fine to toss a post in about it.

I'm thinking that the flames that "OMFG he's selling it for WAY ABOVE VALUE!!!111, etc." are at an end, if I read her post correctly.

Here's to hoping she has the bawls to deal with us PC posters :)

GuildRat
06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
It would be nice to have the folder sub-divided tho....maybe a no MB-1 mill, 1+ mill -10 mill, 10+mill-30 mill....and then an unlimited. It'd make life a hella lot easier if you know you don't have coins to get the 100+ mill items.

Fallen
06-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Along with Character Sales, and Silver sales folders too. I'm an organization nazi.

crazymage
06-25-2007, 11:40 AM
or like a GSAuctions.com rocks folder

GuildRat
06-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Along with Character Sales, and Silver sales folders too. I'm an organization nazi.

That'd be good too, I don't know so much about the GSAuctions rocks folder, tho I hear that's the case :grin:

Fallen
06-25-2007, 01:26 PM
A folder for them to bump their wares wouldn't be too far out of the question.

Satira
06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
I'll see what I can do on the folders. I already had some ideas for it, but if there are specific folders you'd like to see go ahead and PM me with them. I'll take it into consideration.

As I said, if you have a problem with someone you can either POLITELY point out why you do or you're more than welcome to go post something in the complaint folder. The flaming finger pointing threads that go on forever are going to be deleted. It doesn't matter who it's about. Know ahead of time.

Sthrockmorton
06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
:hug: anyone else just want to give her a big hug? :hug:

Asha
06-25-2007, 05:05 PM
A few ideas for new sticky topics, yeah. Pfft.