PDA

View Full Version : Mine!

Celephais
06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
How come no one has brought this up yet... So? was he out of line?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/GuinnessKMF/Mine.jpg

Bobmuhthol
06-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I think people are complaining about it just because Alex Rodriguez did it. It's perfectly legal.

TheEschaton
06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
But unsportsmanlike. He's a total deuche.

Not that I live in Boston or anything, and we search for things to say bad about ARod.

-TheE-

RichardCranium
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I fucking HATE Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees but that's a legit play. Fuck the guy who gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and can't catch the fucking ball. I'd do it, and I bet a lot of other players would too if given the chance. The only reason anyone is talking about it is because it worked.

LMingrone
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Cheating on his wife...or calling out "mine" on a fly ball?

Edit: Or for having his best month as a Yankee in April?
Double Edit: My cable is out tonight, and I'm feeling like I missed out on a new reason to hate him.

Celephais
06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
I think people are complaining about it just because Alex Rodriguez did it. It's perfectly legal.

Agree, anyone else and it would blow over.

But unsportsmanlike. He's a total deuche.

I'm curious if you feel that all the other little things players do to win games are unsportsmanlike as well? I feel it was indeed unsportsmanlike (like all the other things I'm about to mention), but I think in light of everything else in baseball, it was fine. Charging 2nd base when you have no chance purposefully trying to mess up the double play, pretending you caught a fly to the outfield clean even when it bounces to get an out, pretending you didn't break your wrist on a partial swing, the "air tag", conveying pitch signs to the batter from 2nd base.

Cheating on his wife...or calling out "mine" on a fly ball?

Uh, I hoped the pic would make that clear... but no I don't care the opinion about cheating on his wife... KOBE!

LMingrone
06-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't forget steroids, Hank Aaron hates them.

Bobmuhthol
06-03-2007, 11:05 PM
It's pretty sportsmanlike if it's within the rules of the game. If after the game, he had a press conference and said, "I'm the fucking greatest man alive, fuck all other baseball players, yeah!!!" that would be unsportsmanlike. Stuff like charging fielders, compared to the general environment of a baseball game, seems out of character (i.e., unsportsmanlike) for the game, but it's still part of the game. Baseball isn't about trying to win by restricting playing strategies; it's not very smart to allow yourself to get out by failing to do whatever you can within the rules of the game to win.