PDA

View Full Version : Official: ESP Updates Hit Prime

Fallen
05-29-2007, 11:35 AM
GemStone has expanded the variety of ESP verbs, commands, and channels available to players. In addition, the commonly used crystal amulets that are used to extend ones mind to the thoughts of others have changed, and interact with thoughts and people differently than in the past.

A list of ESP Channel commands may be found in game by typing ESP and ESP COMMANDS. Following is a detailed explanation of those commands and how these they can enhance your ability to contact others.

Using the THINK command you can send your thoughts either to everyone (within range) on a particular thought channel or target your thoughts towards a specific individual or group. The expanded thought channel options include:

General - For speaking to people in your general geographic area

Merchant - For selling items to people in your general geographic area

Guild - To keep in touch with members of your profession in your general geographic area

Friends - To turn into your private "friends" only thought network. People who have befriended each other at level neutral or above have the ability to create a private network via a channel named after themselves. This channel can only be joined by people who are both befriended by the owner and befriend the owner as well (neutral or higher). This network is hidden from people who have not befriended and been befriended as such.

Houses and Halls - Officially inducted members of a Great House (CHE) or Hall (PRO) can think to fellow members anywhere in Elanthia.

To see which of the above options is available to your character, as well as how to send thoughts, type ESP COMMANDS.

The ESP verb lists all the available settings for the ESP system. If you believe you will use one of your channel options more than the others, you may wish set that option as your DEFAULT. To do this, type ESP DEFAULT <channel>. When you type THINK <message> your thoughts will automatically go out to the selected channel, unless you utilize THINK ON <channel> to redirect them.

Premium members will receive notification when befriended players (neutral or higher) become available on an ESP channel they are tuned into. In addition, you can locate the people who are reachable via the thought network by typing THINK WHO <channel name>. If you target a player for your thoughts and that player is unable to hear you, you will receive a failure message.
If this is too much thinking for you and you decide to avoid the thoughts of a specific person or group use ESP IGNORE HELP learn how to keep various thoughts from your mind. There are also a number of cosmetic options available via ESP OPTION HELP. Premium users have a option that will allow them to select a HIDDEN ON CHANNEL setting. This setting will hide your presence, either globally (if you select the global option), or on the channel you select. This means your name will not be listed when other players use the ESP WHO option.
THere are a number of cosmetic options available to you as well under ESP OPTION HELP. They are:

Hidden on Channel Setting: This setting will hide your presence on either globally (if you select the global option) or on the channel you select. Your name will not be listed when other players use the ESP WHO option. This option is only available to premium accounts.

Show Friends Setting: This setting will notify you when your friends (as listed in BEFRIEND) presence becomes available on any ESP channel you may be tuned into. Note that your friends hidden settings preempt this setting. This option is only available to premium accounts.

Unique Windows Setting: This setting will seperate all of your ESP channels into different) windows in the StormFront Front End.
Compress Headers Setting: This setting will compress the headers of any ESP messages recieved,) resulting in the message being less verbose and more sleek.

Process Ignores Setting: This setting will process any personal ignore lists you have set up via ESP IGNORE or the "Ignore Preferences" link in the ESP command box. Please see ESP IGNORE HELP for further information.

Ignore Channel Setting: This setting will process any channel ignore options you have set up via THINK IGNORE or the "Ignore Preferences" link in the ESP command box. Please see THINK IGNORE HELP for further information.

Regarding the Stormfront windows, if you belong to more than one Hall (PRO) any options you select will affect the settings of every Hall you are a member of.

Please direct any questions, comments, or concerns to http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=6&topic=14.

This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, ESP 2.0 - The Amulet Reborn. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=6&topic=14&message=68

Fallen
05-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Good stuff.

TheEschaton
05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
What if X and I are befriended both ways, and Y and I are befriended both ways as well, but X and Y have a cold relationship.

Does my friend network include both of them? Does theirs only include me? If I am on my friend network, does X see what I say but not what Y says, while I see both?

-TheE-

Krendeli
05-29-2007, 11:41 AM
No worldwide system?

Jayvn
05-29-2007, 11:42 AM
silly me I was hoping it would be alchemy =/

thefarmer
05-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh. Well. I posted this up in the News folder. Was that the wrong place?

StrayRogue
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
SomeNoob [Market]: WTS [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
OtherNoob [Market]: Hunter weapon

Xandalf
05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Houses and Halls - Officially inducted members of a Great House (CHE) or Hall (PRO) can think to fellow members anywhere in Elanthia.

About freakin time!

Rune
05-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I may have misread this.. but now anyone can locate you if you're on the amulet?

If so, I think I'm pretty much tossing all my crystal amulets permanently.

Rune
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
You hear the faint thoughts of Ondreian echo in your mind:
[The Dae'Randir]: "Though, this globalness of it... I rather like that."

What is a Dae'Randir and why can I hear it?

Fallen
05-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Apparently, you're a member of their PRO. Heh.

Fallen
05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Here's a short how-to with the ESP system.

The ESP verb is used for ALL setting changes. If you want to change anything involving settings, that's the only place to look. It has the following options:

ESP IGNORE - Used for adding or removing people to your ignore list, so you don't ever hear their thoughts. Ever.

ESP OPTION - Used for editing your ESP options. There are six sets of options you can change. They are:

***Hidden on channel (ESP OPTION (channel name|global) HIDE) - This makes you invisible when someone uses ESP WHO.

***Show Friends (ESP OPTION (channel name|global) FRIENDS) - With this set, you get a message everytime someone you have befriended (and if they have you befriended) logs onto or leaves ESP.

***Unique Windows (ESP OPTION (channel name|global) WINDOW) - With this set, if you're in StormFront, every channel gets its own unique window, instead of all thoughts going to one.

***Compress Headers (ESP OPTION (channel name|global) HEADERS) - This toggles the length of your headers, or the message
you get before the message. With short headers, you'll get something like [General] or [Faint]. With long headers, you'll get something like "You hear on the General channel" or "You hear faintly".

***Process Ignores (ESP OPTION (channel name|global) IGNORE) - This toggles whether or not you wish to ignore people on your ignore list, just in case you want to temporarily suspend it for some reason to hear what snertish things those ignored people are thinking.

ESP CHANNELS - This lists what channels you have available.

ESP WHO (channel name) - This lists who's on ESP. Note that the Hidden On Channel option above overrides this.

ESP DEFAULT - This sets a default channel, so you never have to put it in. It's set to the General channel by default.

ESP COMMANDS - This shows the THINK usage, which is the only verb you use for sending a message.

-Alyias

Fallen
05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
The THINK verb, then, is used ONLY to send messages. You can send messages four different ways, depending on what you like to do, and do a bit of roleplay with it.

THINK - This makes you rub your chin thoughtfully.

THINK (target) - This makes you glance at something and rub your chin thoughtfully.

Now...onto the ESP bits.

THINK (message) - This sends out a message on your default channel (which should be the General one if you never touched anything).

THINK TO (target) (message) - This sends a personalized thought to a target.

THINK TO (target) ON (channel) - This sends a personalized thought to a target on a specific channel.

THINK ON (channel) - This sends a thought to a specific channel. The best use of this is to set your default channel to the one you use most and use THINK (message), and then only use this when you want to think cross channel.

-Alyias

mgoddess
05-29-2007, 02:05 PM
About time! I will highly enjoy having global House & Hall thinking again!

(It took a bit of getting used to, but it's really simple once you get all the commands down.)

StrayRogue
05-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Why would you want to send a personalized thought to a target on a specific channel?

Makkah
05-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Why would you want to send a personalized thought to a target on a specific channel?

That was my question too. Is it an open thought addressing a certain target?

Asha
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
All i care about is the exact line of text to enter to stfu Elanthian Elegance.
Someone?

Jolena
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey fuck you :( It is a bug that the GM's are trying to fix. It is happening with Dae'Randir as well. And we stopped talking openly on our channel once we figured out what was going on. So nyah.

Jolena
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM

Well in our case, its because global thought is allowed for members of guilds, CHE's and PRO's. So..if you want to privately speak to someone who is on one of those channels with you, you can do so without region restrictions.

Ilvane
05-29-2007, 04:25 PM
My boyfriend messages me earlier and says.."Elanthian Elegance, um..I don't think I'm supposed to be on this channel"

I admit, I giggled.

Angela

Drisco
05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Not a big fan.. Pisses me off really. I use to click on the persons name (SF) and if Think To came up I knew they were in close and able to fog to/Locate.
Hopefully they will fix it...

Plus It confuses me a bit heh.

m444w
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM
It is happening with Dae'Randir as well.

Yeah... that sucked.