PDA

View Full Version : Repost from Discussions with Simutronics>The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints)

thefarmer
05-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Re: No More Enhancive Recharging Merchants? · on 5/24/2007 4:10:00 AM 36240

Heh, Emeradan is citing my posts as official to cover his behind. Cute. Dont make statements like that, E, if you don't know for certain what is going on. It is part of the responsibility of having your handle show up in red.

Again, any official word on this would be quite wonderful at the moment. Or, you know, it could be called a big MISunderstanding and enhancive recharging merchants will continue on as they always have.

Either way.
-- SARDINUS

I think you're probably misinterpreting my motivation for quoting your posts. Believe me, as I've said before, there are no lines to read between with my posts. That's part of my responsibility for having my handle show up in red.

Since you seem to think that I "don't know for certain what is going on", let me clarify so there are no further lines to read between.

1. You can rest assured that I wasn't quoting your posts as being official in any fashion.
2. When you post, "To the GMs, please spare no detail in why you decided that we should be denied this service via merchant providers." and "However, when requesting that it be made a part of the Premium Festival I was told by GM Khaladon that the service is no longer being supported through merchants.", then you obviously believe that what you're posting has an air of officiality to it.
3. While I won't speak to the officiality of your statements since I have nothing to do with those decisions, I can most certainly quote previously posted information related to those concerns in an effort to both summarize the concern as well as to open the door for further discussion on the Forums.
4. You can refer to my post 36230 for references to the already-posted information related to your concern.
5. Don't speak to me like a child again - if you have something to say, drop me an email and we'll work that out without clogging up the boards.

Happy posting.

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
GemStone IV Forums
~

I popped in to check this folder out and saw this posting. It wasn't directed at me, but if it was, I'd feel pretty offended.

Edit:I bolded and underlined.

Sean of the Thread
05-24-2007, 08:33 AM
5. Don't speak to me like a child again -

WAAAAAAAAAAHH WAAAAAH

Warriorbird
05-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Comedy gold..especially from the man who gets petulant when you call him on hiding things embarassing to Simu.

Fallen
05-24-2007, 09:19 AM
My response.
----
2. When you post, "To the GMs, please spare no detail in why you decided that we should be denied this service via merchant providers." and "However, when requesting that it be made a part of the Premium Festival I was told by GM Khaladon that the service is no longer being supported through merchants.", then you obviously believe that what you're posting has an air of officiality to it. >>

E, if you are going to be so kind as to quote parts of my post that support your arguments, I hope you atleast feel guilty in remembering that following statements such as these were usually disclaimers to the extent of, "or if I am mistaken, please do correct me and I will concede the point." I am sorry if I ruffled your feathers so much that you felt your last post was needed. I am sorry that these clarifications HAVE STILL YET TO BE MADE! What the hell is going on, GMs? I'm sorry for a great many things surrounding this topic and its resulting string of posts.

Needless to say, I still believe you must be more careful on how you post/present information as a GM.

Fallen
05-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Needless to say, I am not happy with this situation. First, Khaladon beats around the bush, saying all of these statements which add up to Enhancive item merchants are no longer going to be around. Then, when people start to QUESTION this, people say that he didn't say it as fact. Then, Emeradan goes and posts that it was "Officially" said it was. People then QUESTION that, and he starts backlpeddling and taking my posts out of context to cover his ass.

I usually dont have a problem with Emeradan, but at this time he is in the wrong. Simu is in the wrong. Come forward AND TELL US what the situation is. Why are we being forced to guess, ESPECIALLY after Khaladon's statements.

Kyra
05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Heh watch it before Khaladon tells you 'We can never satisfy you people.' or something then throws a hissy.

~K.

Fallen
05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I dont have a problem with Khaladon that often either. How hard is it to state the current Regs regarding recharging merchants? I dont see why they cannot come out and say, "Our stance on the issue is blah."

Gan
05-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Too bad the GM's dont usually post here with greater frequency. Watching them get their ass handed to them without them being able to pull the offending posts is quite humorous.

:whistle:

Ilvane
05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Khaladon doesn't do that kind of stuff often. I would imagine if he did it would be for good reason.

I'm not sure what was wrong with Emeradan, though. He doesn't usually act like that either.

Angela

Alfster
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Too bad the GM's dont usually post here with greater frequency. Watching them get their ass handed to them without them being able to pull the offending posts is quite humorous.

:whistle:

That's exactly why they don't post here.

beer
05-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I dont have a problem with Khaladon that often either. How hard is it to state the current Regs regarding recharging merchants? I dont see why they cannot come out and say, "Our stance on the issue is blah."

seems like the m.o. lately for a lot of topics. none of the gms are willing to come right out and make official yes/no statements on anything. makes me wonder if that's a new policy passed down from above.

fucking sucks, imo. i'd rather have a gm tell me the official stance is something i disagree with than having them just clam up every time a question is asked...

Danical
05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
seems like the m.o. lately for a lot of topics. none of the gms are willing to come right out and make official yes/no statements on anything.

I disagree.

All the posts Mestys and others have answered about maneuvers, crit padding, bard spells (that I've asked about), spells that affect maneuvers/fear, etc.

This is rather depressing though. I'm not sure what's going on with Simu or it's staff but I'd be embarrassed if I were their direct supervisor.

Fallen
05-24-2007, 05:13 PM
There are some really good exceptions to the rule in terms of getting info out of Simu. Mestys, Ildran, Akaydar, Sasthspry, Oscuro, Estilid(sp) are pretty damn informative.

Katrina is good at stepping in once a situation gets out of hand and telling it how it is. In this case, she was about 3 days late, however.

The Ponzzz
05-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Yea, most dev and world system GMs really are pretty straight forward with info.

RichardCranium
05-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Emeradan and customer service go together like daquiris and drive-thrus.

Daniel
05-24-2007, 06:06 PM
So, well?

RichardCranium
05-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah, that probably wasn't the best comparison.

Warriorbird
05-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I would've posted a "Isn't writing Feedback a better option?" after Settous closed the topic and said to email board monitors or GMs you have a problem with..but something help me back.

That Jay
05-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Yea, most dev and world system GMs really are pretty straight forward with info.

Yeah, I find it pretty funny that the CE GMs are usually the ones that with deficient customer service skills.

I found the one thread funny where Emeradan refused to see where he should remove a thread of Khaladon's where Khaladon actually admitted that he was insulting someone.

StrayRogue
05-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Fucking hell Emeradan is an idiot. This is hardly the first time he's proven his amazing customer relations skills. He truly is the modern day GS Quabu.

SpunGirl
05-25-2007, 02:59 AM
I disagree with that, at least. Emeradan might be abrasive, but Quabu was a fool of the first order. He continues to behave like a complete fucking jackass as Joter - just ask anyone in the mentors or Sovyn.

-K

budartagnan
05-25-2007, 03:48 AM
Fucking hell Emeradan is an idiot. This is hardly the first time he's proven his amazing customer relations skills. He truly is the modern day GS Quabu.

He's a jackass in person too, at least when I met him in Vegas :rolleyes:

Meges
05-25-2007, 05:26 AM
There are some really good exceptions to the rule in terms of getting info out of Simu. Mestys, Ildran, Akaydar, Sasthspry, Oscuro, Estilid(sp) are pretty damn informative.

Katrina is good at stepping in once a situation gets out of hand and telling it how it is. In this case, she was about 3 days late, however.

Strathspey. I agree with you, though. Notice the trend here? They're all relatively new GMs. They haven't been converted (corrupted) yet.

Meges

Meges
05-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Strathspey. I agree with you, though. Notice the trend here? They're all relatively new GMs. They haven't been converted (corrupted) yet.

Meges

Although, Emeradan is newer than Strathspey. So there are obviously exceptions.

Meges

Drew
05-25-2007, 05:33 AM
5. Don't speak to me like a child again - if you have something to say, drop me an email and we'll work that out without clogging up the boards.

http://medjeti.com/img/wahmbulance.jpg

Ilvane
05-25-2007, 07:10 AM
I won't say anything personally about the staff, but I do have to say I am shocked at some of the choices made for staff all the time. When you find out who they are, it's like..didn't you have anyone better? LOL

There are some people who would love to be on staff, who would do a much better job who they just don't pick for whatever reason..It's sad to see.

Angela

Skeeter
05-25-2007, 10:16 AM
GS would be so much more interesting if they would quit trying to limit all the gear you can have. Now I can't even have temporary enhancives? That's just silly.

Why can't I get a +100 vorpal sword of doom? Who cares if I can kill my lines of text faster than you can kill your lines of text?

Forcing everyone to use vultite <more or less> was a horrible decision in the game. All done in the name of imbalance they said. How can gear balance be an issue in a game with no pvp?

Forgive me if I sound like Celtic or Celtar <I get those 2 confused> but the game was much more fun back in the days of the grand auction, and pulling sweet ass loot from Sand Devils etc. Now the only way to get great gear is to buy it from a used Aston Martin dealer.

Less tedium more fun my ass.

Gan
05-25-2007, 10:24 AM
GS would be so much more interesting if they would quit trying to limit all the gear you can have. Now I can't even have temporary enhancives? That's just silly.

Why can't I get a +100 vorpal sword of doom? Who cares if I can kill my lines of text faster than you can kill your lines of text?

Forcing everyone to use vultite <more or less> was a horrible decision in the game. All done in the name of imbalance they said. How can gear balance be an issue in a game with no pvp?

Forgive me if I sound like Celtic or Celtar <I get those 2 confused> but the game was much more fun back in the days of the grand auction, and pulling sweet ass loot from Sand Devils etc. Now the only way to get great gear is to buy it from a used Aston Martin dealer.

Less tedium more fun my ass.

/Agreed.

Warriorbird
05-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Well qualified people can do things that prevent them from being staff, hell, prevent them from even being Mentors.

Dangerous ideas...lack of ability to fit into the mindset...and so on.

StrayRogue
05-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I won't say anything personally about the staff, but I do have to say I am shocked at some of the choices made for staff all the time. When you find out who they are, it's like..didn't you have anyone better? LOL

There are some people who would love to be on staff, who would do a much better job who they just don't pick for whatever reason..It's sad to see.

Angela

Agreed.

I'll go as far as to say I don't really play anymore because the issues I have with GS or certain members of it's community go overlooked by the staff. They play a friends game or sucky-sucky.