PDA

View Full Version : 1625: Gaining Ranks?

LordKenakai
05-21-2007, 07:11 PM
I was wondering if any one knew exactly how ranks are gained with your choosen weapon.

Is it amount of kills no matter what the level?

Or perhaps the amount of kills against like level?

Or may be it is like Voln, where you gain a certain amount depending on the level of the target(i.e. a level 1 gives you 1 point, a level 30 gives you 30 points)?

serra7965
05-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I have only ever heard one response to this and it's experience gained with the weapon that makes you get ranks. Other than that I have never been able to find out any other info on this.

FinisWolf
05-21-2007, 08:18 PM
It's based on "learnable" kills. Unlike voln where you can (or could) garner favor from any undead kill.

I found that with normal hunting (maybe 3 hours a week) I had mastered my bond in maybe 2 to 4 weeks, so rather quickly.

Finis

Bobmuhthol
05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Voln has always not given favor for an underkill.

FinisWolf
05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Funny how (no I have not tested) countless folks have stated they have received favor for helping a youngling in some area greatly under their level. Why would they say this, and who is right?

Finis

Bobmuhthol
05-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I doubt it's countless. I've never heard anyone make any such claim.

Grimaldus
05-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I have run out of favor a couple times and I picked on night mares when I did to get it back. The last time it happened they were almost 15 levels beneath me and my favor came back just fine.

As for the bond, just keep hunting as normal, it will grow. It is easy to track the strength of the bond by looking at your stats while holding the weapon. The messaging when it increases can be missed in combat.

Meges
05-22-2007, 04:20 AM
You definitely get favor no matter what level the creature is. However, the more the disparity between the levels the greater the difference is in how much favor you actually earn.

I used to favor hunt my wizard on undead 50 levels under him, because the area where I did this swarmed like a mad house and cone raked in a ton of favor. I could get anywhere from 30-50 spins per hunt. I have also favor hunted in less than optimal conditions on creatures around 90 levels under my wizard and it was sometimes a lot greater than that in GemStone III.

Meges

Drew
05-22-2007, 05:04 AM
What are some good swarming places to favour hunt anyhow? I need to rack up a lot of favour now that my char. is in the undead gap.

StrayRogue
05-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Pooka's used to swarm a lot. Not so anymore. Shadow Mares still get a little wild.

Paradii
05-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I am currently leveling ranks quickly in Voln in the Bog in ta'vaalor where I cant learn anymore.

FinisWolf
05-22-2007, 04:39 PM
May not be countless, but there you go Bob, as this is certainly a start.

Finis

Bobmuhthol
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
That was a pretty gay change. Probably came with the current Voln system.

vontez
05-22-2007, 11:41 PM
how is it "gay"? It has nothing to do with sexuality...second, its logically sound. Voln wants you to "release undead", so if you do it, even if you kill one skeleton, you get 1 skeleton's worth of favor, no matter what the level disparity. If you kill a soul golem, which is harder, Voln recognizes that and gives you more favor.