PDA

View Full Version : Help with Skinning Script

KrolvinScout
05-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Ok, earlier I pasted a simpleton skinning script of mine, and right now I'm trying to tweak it as best and simple as possible so that it will cast/check for the Skinning Spell to be Active before skinning.

Basically, I want it to check for the Skinning spell, and if it's not active cast skinning. However, I want it to check as well that if it IS active, it would bypass the casting bit and jump right to skinning the target. Any help would be great!

start:
put stance def
put get my knife
put wear my bow
goto spell

Spell:
put spell active
match skin Skinning
put stop 604
match Cast Stop what?
matchwait

Cast:
put incant 604
goto skin

skin:
put kneel
waitfor You kneel
put skin %1
put loot
put stand
waitfor You stand
put stow left
put remove my bow
put put my knife in my boots

GuildRat
05-20-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure, but I think "match" statements take precedence over "goto" statements. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here....

Thus, this might work...

Spell:
put spell active
match skin Skinning
goto cast
matchwait

Bobmuhthol
05-20-2007, 12:54 PM
You could do something like

Spell:
match skin Skinning
match Cast I could not find what you were referring to. (or whatever message you get here)
put spell active
put lol
matchwait

Bobmuhthol
05-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Spell:
put spell active
match skin Skinning
goto cast
matchwait

I'm fairly certain that this is going to just go straight to cast because the matchwait never happens.

GuildRat
05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I dunno for sure. I'm working on a crafting script that's driving me nuts simply because odd matches aren't working for whatever reason. I do know that I have match statements that go straight to a goto statement when the match isn't there, as long as there's a valid match.

Celephais
05-20-2007, 01:06 PM
uh.. why not just do this:
match skin Skinning
match Cast >
put spell active
matchwait

GuildRat
05-20-2007, 01:08 PM
What does the > symbol mean in a script? I haven't read anything on scripting in a while and it looks like a cool "tool" to add.

Celephais
05-20-2007, 01:10 PM
it's not a symbol at all, it's just matching the command promt... when you type spell active it lists all the spells... and then gives you a command prompt. If you come across the spell, it'll go there, if it doesn't the command prompt will show up and it'll cast the spell.

Celephais
05-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Actually I'm going to revise my input... while it works, it has the possibility of a false positive on the command prompt (very slim, but if you've got a slow computer...)

start:
put stance def
put get my knife
goto spell

Spell:
match skin Skinning
match Cast You sling (or whatever wearing a bow causes)
put spell active
put wear my bow
matchwait

Cast:
put incant 604
goto skin

skin:
put kneel
waitfor You kneel
put skin %1
put loot
put stand
waitfor You stand
put stow left
put remove my bow
put put my knife in my boots

GuildRat
05-20-2007, 01:13 PM
nice...so it doesn't see the match for "Skinning", and sees the command prompt and and goes straight to cast.

now...will it see the command prompt from "spell active" and match Skinning before looking at just the command prompt?

Celephais
05-20-2007, 01:17 PM
now...will it see the command prompt from "spell active" and match Skinning before looking at just the command prompt?

Nope, I tested it, it works as desired. But my other idea is probably "better".

GuildRat
05-20-2007, 01:19 PM
cool

GuildRat
05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
HAHA...ok, no it hung. I hadn't saved the script prior to it running again. Ah well....to the drawing board!!!

disregard whatever I posted if you read it prior to it being "wrung out"

KrolvinScout
05-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Actually I'm going to revise my input... while it works, it has the possibility of a false positive on the command prompt (very slim, but if you've got a slow computer...)

start:
put stance def
put get my knife
goto spell

Spell:
match skin Skinning
match Cast You sling (or whatever wearing a bow causes)
put spell active
put wear my bow
matchwait

Cast:
put incant 604
goto skin

skin:
put kneel
waitfor You kneel
put skin %1
put loot
put stand