PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

SpunGirl
11-21-2003, 02:32 PM
It's been a fair amount of time since this happened, yet it still irritates me whenever I think about it. I'm going to tell you the story (real names omitted) and tell me what you think.

Bob says something in-game, to someone else, about Sally.

Joe overhears Bob, in-game.

Joe IMs Jane and tells her what was said, like, "haha, look at this."

Jane IMs Sally and says, "Haha, look what Bob said about your character in-game."

Sally asks Bob about what was said.

Bob gets uber-offended and takes his frustrations out by killing Joe in-game.

Is it just me, or is killing someone in-game for a conversation that happened on IM excessively lame?

Feel free to disagree, I'm honestly looking for an opinion here.

-K

Skirmisher
11-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Your tag line is killing me. :D

And yeah of course its not the coolest thing to do. Fonzie says so and he would know.

Moist Happenings
11-21-2003, 02:59 PM
I think OOC information should remain OOC. that bugs me.

HarmNone
11-21-2003, 03:22 PM
That sort of thing always chapped me, as well. Something learned outside the game has no business being taken into the game. To do so is lame in the extreme, in my opinion.

HarmNone and her opinion :D

Overlord
11-21-2003, 03:44 PM
I'd agree with that excluding whispers, been playing with friends i used to go to school and live with, so we tend to whisper crap in game while bored, but all out talking about ooc events... yeah should be restricted completely.... still bugs me when people say brb and afk *gibber*
Oh and when i ask "How does <insert clerics name here> know Dimmus name" as a cleric runs in and asks "Would you like some assistance dimmu."
They then respond with the snide remark IN GAME "Can't you see we all have little name tags you newbie" Bah irritates me the ignorant fool, turns out he'd only been playing 7 months and figured he knew everying! Aha well little things that bug Dimmu

Jenisi
11-21-2003, 06:22 PM
I think we should all just quit! Who's with me?!?!

Xcalibur
11-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Already did, so you'll be with ME!

Overlord
11-22-2003, 06:25 AM
Man quit, save me some 50 bucks a month for the past many a year.... naw its worth it lol

Caiylania
11-23-2003, 05:14 AM
It's lame. But I have to admit, if someone over heard someone talking shit about Caiy in game and told me... it would be hard to pretend I don't know.

Here is another situation. I have a friend whos in game father sent her a log. In this log, another char was rolled up with a one letter difference to her name. This characther then approached her family (where the log begins) and starts acting the slut. Groping my friends dad and so on. She keeps saying innuendos while the dad and brother are whispering back and forth 'Who is this? why is she named after **********?'

They are also doing finds and seeing that his daughter is somewhere else playing. It is not her.

Anyway , she keeps saying don't you know what I want? and flirting and stuff.

So he sends the log to my friend.. she reports, and they pull the characther and after behind closed doors stuff the char is banished and they told my friend the account is being watched.

What do you guys think?

Chelle
11-23-2003, 05:21 AM
I think we've already decided Bob is lame.

:D

Ladyteeoncy
11-23-2003, 01:50 PM
I've had people call teeo and kataleena many bad things out of the game... as long as they nice in game.. ill heal them and help them... although i dont go out of my way to talk to them

Xcalibur
11-23-2003, 03:14 PM
I think 50% of female characters in game are run by males...

That isn't good at all

Artha
11-23-2003, 03:28 PM
I think 50% of female characters in game are run by males...

That isn't good at all

That's why anyone who cybers in GS deserves only laughter.

SpunGirl
11-23-2003, 04:27 PM
I know two guys who were both playing female characters that were in a lesbian relationship. Cuuute.

-K

Latrinsorm
11-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I know two guys who were both playing female characters that were in a lesbian relationship. Cuuute.

-K

Man, that was a bit from Nightstand. Y'all remember that show, right? It was on at 10:30 on E! after Talk Soup back in the glory days of John Henson.