PDA

View Full Version : Normal or Bad Luck?

Askip
05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanatoph Bowels, South Lobe:

A massive boulder comes barrelling into view!
With a quick leap to the side, you narrowly avoid being crushed as the boulder carries past! The boulder comes to a sudden stop and rises into the form of a greater krynch!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
A massive boulder comes barrelling into view!
In a vain attempt, you leap to avoid the speeding boulder! The krynch strikes you squarely, crushing you beneath it and the ground!

... 50 points of damage!
Blow to stomach rearranges some organs!
You are stunned for 8 rounds!
Roundtime: 20 sec.
Roundtime changed to 9 seconds.
--------------------------------------------

It did not take long to die after that.

Was I unlucky or are those things harder to dodge than war griffins?

:D

Drew
05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I've heard the bowels has replaced stronghold proper as the hardest place to hunt like level, so without any experience there. I would say it's probably just a bit of bad luck but normal.

Askip
05-18-2007, 03:44 PM
<< hardest place to hunt like level >>

Askip is 16 levels over the big Krynch and had Dex up, I am going back in to see what happens.

Asha
05-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Pures have little chance to avoid them, squares and semis have not much more.
They're stupidly hard. So no it's normal luck.

Drinin
05-18-2007, 03:51 PM
After hunting regular Stronghold and the Bowels, I think regular Stronghold was harder to hunt at like level as a bard.

Askip
05-18-2007, 04:31 PM
With the Fixskill only a couple days away, I thought I would experiment a little.

I dropped a dozen spell ranks, got 14 ranks of Dodge, a cast of mobility, and went back in almost naked:

A greater earth elemental slaps the ground spraying rocks and dirt everywhere!

You are struck by a large rock!

... 25 points of damage!
Blow to your left eye destroys it!
You are stunned for 10 rounds!

---------------

Yeesh. I am not going back in there, I can only get EXP if I run across greater elementals or jarls that are older than base anyway.

So much for killing time in the Landing. :D

Asha
05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Anyone know how well a fully dodge rogue might do in there?
I know everyone else is screwed when them boulders come along.

Drew
05-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Dodge generally has nothing to do with manuevers. Maybe since this area is super new it does, but otherwise CM training is what helps.

Asha
05-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Mine maxes both so I can't wait to see what happens. Be shit if it ammounted to little difference.

Askip
05-18-2007, 05:12 PM
<< Dodge generally has nothing to do with manuevers >>

Thanks.

I already have 12 ranks CM for two Cman Disarm ranks, I may trade in the Dodge for more CM and try again.

I realize there are places better suited for fighters than casters but sometime I just like a challenge.

Or perhaps not, last hunt I was lucky to survive the 10 round stun. No sense pushing it, it's a tough place to get rescued and I departed the first time.