PDA

View Full Version : Jail Fines

Wezas
11-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Moved over to GS4, didn't reallocate, so I was still trained in pickpocket. So I tried a few pockets.

Works decent in large rooms, pulling herbs is a pain in the ass. What does an empath want with an herb?

Got arrested, figured it was coming

The judge studies you carefully, then motions toward the bailiff who cries out, "Here before ye is the malefactor Wezas. Wezas is charged with 1 count of petty theft. This 1 crime carries a total fine of 1680 silvers."

::blah blah::

He continues, "::blah blah blah::. You may ANSWER me either FINE, INCARCERATION, or SERVICE as your choice. Now, you were also charged 10000 silvers for healing prior to being put in jail, so you'll need to pay that in silvers. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."
10000 Silvers????? I wasn't even bleeding, I had a few minors and scars. And I'm an EMPATH! And my fine was only 1680! I'm assisting, who knows if I'll get a response.

10k seems extreme if the person was nowhere close to dying. You telling me I need to totally clean up before I start stealing? WTF.

Moist Happenings
11-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Make ya think twice about stealing as an empath, you greedy fuck! :P

Myshel
11-21-2003, 11:38 AM
I don't understand that whole fine thing. You have to be cleaned up before you heal someone? Thats going to make TSC a mad house.

Drew2
11-21-2003, 12:05 PM
I hate stealing. 45 ranks and I get seen about 1/4 times. Even if I switch marks.

Though I have noticed that if you target what you want to steal instead of steal <person>, you're less likely to be seen.

Overlord
11-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Well thats part of the jailing system you'd quite obviously wish to avoid... evade or don't break the law smirk* Or do it elsewhere of course

Moist Happenings
11-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
I hate stealing. 45 ranks and I get seen about 1/4 times. Even if I switch marks.

Though I have noticed that if you target what you want to steal instead of steal <person>, you're less likely to be seen.

It also matters how many people are in the room, Tayre. The more people, the less likely you are to be seen.

Rogues can tell this because they have use of the SENSE verb.

You're just SOL though. hehe.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-21-2003, 12:15 PM
You assisted over a 10k fine?

Moist Happenings
11-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Yeah really. 10k isn't that much.
BUT
It would probably negate what you got from stealing, wouldn't it?

You probably got more than 1.6k worth of crap for stealing. But 11.6k is a bit harder.

Now it'll only be profitable for careful thieves.

Wezas
11-21-2003, 12:49 PM
I assisted because I thought it was odd. The GM told me to bug it.

And 10k fine just about covers what I stole in the past hour, so I broke even.

Skirmisher
11-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Neff
BUT

You probably got more than 1.6k worth of crap for stealing. But 11.6k is a bit harder.

Isn't that.....a good thing?:?:

It separates the wheat from the chaff.

Caramia
11-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Someone let me know when Drizzsdt gets caught.

Latrinsorm
11-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Originally posted by Neff
BUT

Isn't that.....a good thing?:?:

It separates the wheat from the chaff.

There are more chaff (so to speak) than wheat.

Chaff will be getting caught a lot.

Chaff will bitch and moan.

GM's will f up another system to pander to the masses.

I do <3 GS4 so far though. :) They should make an "apologies to the GM's" folder for all those folks who were ripping them before.

JustMe
11-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by LatrinsormThey should make an "apologies to the GM's" folder for all those folks who were ripping them before.

They should make an "I hate the GM's folder" too so the people who arent happy can rip them some more.

Artha
11-21-2003, 08:09 PM
:( I got a 6825 fine earlier. Stupid judge.