PDA

View Full Version : Temple Wyneb

Sharnath
05-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I've been hunting the black forest for a while now but I've been getting tasks in the Temple. Anything I need to know before I go? I'll post skills below. Any help is greatly appreciated. I hunt from the shadows if that helps any. :help:
(Any of you archers out there feel free to critique the training as well.)

Sharnath (at level 61), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 170 70
Combat Maneuvers...................| 168 68
Ranged Weapons.....................| 226 126
Ambush.............................| 174 74
Physical Fitness...................| 162 62
Dodging............................| 161 61
Harness Power......................| 162 62
Spirit Mana Control................| 35 7
Survival...........................| 181 81
Stalking and Hiding................| 222 122
Perception.........................| 164 64
Climbing...........................| 105 25
Swimming...........................| 105 25
First Aid..........................| 181 81

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 20

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 40

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Gan
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Spirit burst area. Be mindful of what spells you're wearing outside the ones you can cast personally. (There's a formula (debated) that says count the ranks of all magical skills then divide by 3; the total is how much mana of unknown spells you can wear. Unknown spells within your profession circle count as half mana. Unknown spells not in your profession circle count full mana. (ie: 509 strength would be 9 mana).

Supplicants will mstrike you. Stay def, wait til they swing then swing. They usually mstrike on the 2nd attack. Remove their sword arm and you've neutralized them. They also have soft heads. Will shake stuns.

Dogmatists like to bind you and have a decent CS and occasionally cast WOF, so if you cant hit them, spike them. They will also resurrect other dead targets (except you) and will resurrect themselves if you dont search them quick enough. They will also pull the eyes out of your corpse and create an older critter called a Farlook.

Heirophants are ranger based with spikethorn, etc. Dont let these guys linger without disabling them. Soft heads for ambushing. Least of the threats in the temple. Will shake stuns.

Farlooks - when created are in the 70'ish range, usually magically impervious so you have to kill them with a weapon/physical attack. Cant remember what profession base. Usually 2 types are created, one from each eye.

I know I'm leaving something out, its been a while since I've hunted there.

Oh, you can fog/ring/gate out. Just not into the area.

Threat order for me as a rogue hunting there: Farlooks, Dogmatists, Supplicants, Heirophants (highest to least order).

GuildRat
05-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds about right. The temple should be easy if your TD is good and you can dodge spike thorns. Archers tend to fair well there from what I saw in my trains there.

The formula Ganalon touched on is almost solid, but varies in the temple a bit from other spell burst areas. With your magic ranks, 509, 202, 401, 406 should be easy to hold. Take someone with you and test the rest. 414, 911...add a spell each time and find your max.

Beguiler
05-07-2007, 01:09 PM
You said to critique your archer build. You should be aware that it is considered a necessary to have perception at least 2x for an archer.

Also suggest you go to http://carabele.com and look at her Lore Benefits chart, there are some that are useful for rangers.

my 2 silvers worth...

StrayRogue
05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
The temple is very, very easy as soon as you can overcome the EBP system. I was hunting it pretty well at your level using ambush tactics. In a few levels you'll be able to run around in the open popping things.

Ganalon pretty much said everything else. Though I believe dog's cast silence/forget/intereference or some shit. Usually when it happens I thank God it wasn't bind or smite.

Supplicants have the most hit points and can easily plink you if you let them live too long. Even legging them doesn't stop their AS from being pretty good.

Hierophants will take two good hits (from a two-hander) and will die. Low hit points.

Stun a dog and you're golden.

Boss fights are pretty dangerous, especially dog's. Go for the instant kill.

Gan
05-07-2007, 01:26 PM
They [Dogs] have a mana drain spell that SUCKS ASS. I remember that one while driving a pure around up there one time.

StrayRogue
05-07-2007, 01:28 PM
They [Dogs] have a mana drain spell that SUCKS ASS. I remember that one while driving a pure around up there one time.

Yes, thats the spell.

GuildRat
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM

I think it's a form of corrupt essence...same as seers cast in the barrier, but don't hold me to that.

Kembal
05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
The mana drain spell is Interdiction (314).

On a tangentially related note, does anyone know the solution to the puzzle to gain access to the inner part of the temple? I assume there's a way to find out about it ingame, though I have no clue where to look.

Elvenlady
05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
On a tangentially related note, does anyone know the solution to the puzzle to gain access to the inner part of the temple? I assume there's a way to find out about it ingame, though I have no clue where to look.

It just takes a bit of moving back and forth to the different rooms and playing with the items there but it's not that difficult. I can't recall off hand what the solution is but if you want, I can take a walk out there again and document it.

Gan
05-07-2007, 07:24 PM
The mana drain spell is Interdiction (314).

Here's what I used to get me back and forth from the Skull Temple.

Also (in the scripts folder is the puzzle to the trapdoor)
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=20018

StrayRogue
05-08-2007, 01:58 AM
I just remembered that these guys are really susceptible to maneuvers (like sweep, cheapshots etc), if you happen to use any.

Sharnath
05-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Does mass calm work on all the creatures in the Temple?

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Stunseed
05-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Not really. They work as a team to uncalm themselves.

Kembal
05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
It just takes a bit of moving back and forth to the different rooms and playing with the items there but it's not that difficult. I can't recall off hand what the solution is but if you want, I can take a walk out there again and document it.

Hmm, I'll take a shot at it tonight and see if I can poke around. I haven't tried to solve any of the puzzles in GS4 on my own yet (usually just look it up), so I want to see if I can figure it out. :)

And Gan, thanks for that...I actually use that script already. :)

Gan
05-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I got that script from Hecto a while back. Its a good script.

Sharnath
05-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Is there anything in the Temple that disarms or uses weaponfire?

Sharnath
Weed Mage

StrayRogue
05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Nope.

gatsu
05-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Only thing you gotta watch out for is the spike thorn and dogmatist casting. Assuming your DS is high enough. if not then supplicants mstrikes could get nasty. But they are all soft and easily critted. All in all its a extremely easy place to hunt.

ruineye
01-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Neither of these scripts contain information on how to access the inner portion of the temple (subdural, i guess). Does anyone have a script to solve that puzzle? thx

-Ruineye, player of

Here's what I used to get me back and forth from the Skull Temple.

Also (in the scripts folder is the puzzle to the trapdoor)
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=20018

unconcerned1
01-18-2008, 05:24 PM
rub the carving..
swim pool
get jug

i think the next one's the wizardress. touch hand

whisper statue Skull Temple

lean table

push or get eye.

those are the solutions to get you all thru the skull temple. gl finding the puzzles.

ruineye
01-19-2008, 02:36 PM
those commands work great - many thanks