PDA

View Full Version : How many games do you own?

Ash85
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Doesn't matter the platform or the age, just as long as it's a legitimately owned video game currently in your collection, and feel free to count expansion content as an individual product.

A recent count reveals my own library of games to contain 438 games.

The Ponzzz
04-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Way too fucking many.

Daniel
04-30-2007, 10:15 AM

GuildRat
04-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Way too fucking many.

Ditto

Marl
04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Counting them all (atari to Wii) around 250 or so I am guessing. Most are boxed up in the attic or basement though. If I wanna play them ROMs ftw.

Sean of the Thread
04-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Close to 500.

The Ponzzz
04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, I just went into the basement and couted out 83 coleco vision games,76 atari games and 62 Sega Genesis and Master system. Doing a quick scan at PS1 and PS2 games upstairs, I'm counting 121. Shooting over to the Gamecube, N64, SNES and NES area in my entertainment system, I got close to like 250(I didn't count because my dogs kept barking and fucked me up)...

Then 12 DS games, 32 GBA games and 10 Sega Gamegear games.

I have 22 Sega CD games(best system ever) and 13 Sega Saturn games. I gave my dreamcast away, but I know I had 6 games before I gave it to my little brother.

If I count PC games, then I'm really fucked, I have two spindals full of shit games and stacks of CDs laying around.

I'm a nerd.

Celephais
04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
I got close to like 250(I didn't count because my dogs kept barking and fucked me up)...

247...248.. *BARK BARK* ... uh... one seventy uh... *BARK* ... FUCK!

The mental image of that is hilarious.

The Ponzzz
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
It was exactly that. The fuckers!! Now they are running through the place at like 25mph.

Gan
04-30-2007, 12:23 PM
247...248.. *BARK BARK* ... uh... one seventy uh... *BARK* ... FUCK!

The mental image of that is hilarious.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Gan
04-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Video Games of all genre's, I'd say I own legitimate copies of about 30 something. 40 something if I count my son's Tonka video game collection.

AestheticDeath
04-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I never bought that many myself. I found a few I liked and played the hell out of them.

I wound up having to buy several I didn't like in between the ones I finally stuck with though. Id estimate under 30 games easily. Thats counting the 11 games I just got with the old Xbox system I just bought for the hell of it, since I never owned one. Sold the playstation I had in highschool before I graduated, but it only had like 5 games. I mainly only played a Final Fantasy game on that, might have been FFX or so..

Between reading books while in school, and then getting into Magic: the Gathering as a freshman in highschool, I didn't have much time for video games. Or money since it mostly went to cokes with my lunch, or magic cards.

Think it was my senior year I finally broke down and looked into Gemstone3. My friend had only been trying to get me to play for 3 years by that point. Played that for two, maybe three years, then got pissed at GS4 and the lvl cap, quit and found NeverWinter Nights. Played that for several years until I tried a stint of M:tG again. That tanked since very few people around this city play. Then came back to try out GS4.

I can't recall much of anything else I played beyond those. Cept for Baldurs Gate for the computer, sometime in highschool.

Ton of time in games, but only a few select ones.

BTW, anyone have a few grand they wanna spend on Magic the Gathering cards? Still taking up half my closet space. Kinda sad.

Jolena
04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Um..I didn't count, but between Gameboy, PS1, PS2, Xbox360, and PC games.. for the whole household mind you, I'd say around 80 or so? I'm not sure how many James has to add to that, so its a rough estimate.

Ignot
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
If i count then I will just add up the cost and then i will be pissed at myself even though i feel it was money well spent.

fallenSaint
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Maybe a dozen legit games? Mod chips ftw.

Sean of the Thread
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Geez thinking about it. Almost 500 games.. not counting the various system costs and accessories (Obviously many PC's and upgrades in there as well) we're talking $15,000-20,000 at least.. compounded over 20+ years to this date.. well it's sickening.

Not to mention the loss of productivity if you were doing something worthwhile rather than playing video games. Heheh.

Video games set us up teh bomb.

Drew
04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Probably a bit under 100.

Sean of the Thread
04-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Here's a good question. What console did you guys mainly spend the most time on?

That's a hard thing to come up with me. NES, PS1 and PS2 must be the top three... but so hard.. to tell.. ugh my brain hurts.

Celephais
04-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Here's a good question. What console did you guys mainly spend the most time on?

I spent so much fucking time playing Goldeneye it's mind boggling.

fallenSaint
04-30-2007, 11:10 PM
PS1 clearly offered me more RPG's in its reign so that one probably holds first. Sega CD probably being number two.

Sean of the Thread
04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
I spent so much fucking time playing Goldeneye it's mind boggling.

Ah N64 is a top 5 for sure. Almost forgot about that.. most of my time was spent on Goldeneye as well for that console.

Skeeter
04-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Goldeneye was one of the greatest games ever made, but I probably spent the most time on the original nintendo. Hit me at the perfect age. I spent months learning to beat mike tyson.

got to the point where I could roll through glass joe through tyson without ever being knocked down.

Methais
04-30-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm too lazy to go count, but I'd guess around 300-400 or so. If you count ROMs since the platform doesn't matter, then 478230947230497230.

TheEschaton
05-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Uh, Sega Genesis, then original NES, then PS2. In comparison my Xbox barely gets played.

For Genesis: Sonic, NBA Jam, and NHLPA 93. Holy crap. Played those games like it was my profession.

-TheE-

Jolena
05-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Heh, I had an Atari. I feel old.

Edited to add: Regardless, Frogger, Pacman, and Donkey Kong FTW

Asha
05-01-2007, 03:18 AM
F.E.A.R
Half-Life 1+2+lost coast
World of Warcraft
Far Cry
Fable
Aliens Vs Predator 1+2
Jedi Academy
Jedi Outcast
Black and white 1+2

That's it. All PC.
I might get a 360 but I'm saving for a decent midi input for my laptop.
And video games don't ever hold my attention for long.

Drew
05-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Just got Saint's Row, Splinter Cell: Double Cross, and Ninety-Nine Nights for 50 bucks at EB games. Not bad.

The Ponzzz
05-01-2007, 03:41 AM
I'd have to say the SNES took most my time growing up. I was too young to play NES all the time due to my mom putting a restriction on playing games. SNES comes out in what, 1991? I'm pretty sure it had to be like in the fall of 1991.

Games like Breath of Fire 1 & 2, Arcana, Drakkam, Paladin's Quest, Robotech, FFII and FFIII took me 100s of hours to beat fully(max all the levels, find all the secrets, mind you this was before I had the internet and hint guides weren't made for all the games). But we had TONS of SNES games. Sega Genesis would have to come next, due to games like Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1&2, Phantasy Star II, III & IV and several other older RPGs.

I loved the Sega CD, the only issues I had with it was the overheating. You couldn't play for more than 2 hours at a time, and it would need about a day to cool down. Lot of the best games ever made were from Working Designs on the Sega CD(not the PS1, they were garbage compared).

And, I was able to get a full count of games that I have JUST IN MY HOUSE. The total numbers is 783 counting all PC games that I have legitly. You figure you counting sports games, it's not that hard to get a 100 or so just there. My dad has the CD-I with 3 games and the dreamcast with a shit load of games. He also has over 200 import titles for Super Famicon(SNES) Sega Mega Drive(Genesis), Mega Drive CD(Sega CD), PS1 and dreamcast.

It's fucking sick. And now, I can barely juggle playing GS with another game. I been playing FFXII for like 5 months now, on and off. I just get bored with console games being so fucking easy. When it comes to RPGs.

Ignot
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I just get bored with console games being so fucking easy. When it comes to RPGs.

I agree. They are also either making them really gay or i have just grown up.