PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new FPS...

Ash85
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
I recently beat FEAR which I loved, I have COD2 that I never beat but I got kinda tired of that, I was thinking of picking up quake 4, its only $20, but is the single player mode good? Its going to be hard to top FEAR buy any recommendations? Oh rainbow six vegas was another one I was thinking of.

Daniel
04-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I just picked up a copy of Counter Strike: Ramallah Assault in Israel.

Back
04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
CODIII is out. I'm not crazy about it. One that I did really enjoy was Black and the MOH series.

Ignot
04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas was good. I am big on WWII shooters so i lean towards those. I guess it depends what genre you like. Also, Perfect Dark was an older xbox 360 game but it is suprisingly fun and pretty cheap.

fallenSaint
04-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Stalker or BF2142

Asha
05-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Only games I found which were even close to F.E.A.R in quality were Half-Life 2 and Far Cry.
Both should be pretty cheap now.
Now I hear Gears Of War is a must have. I'm looking forward to Stalker.

Keller
05-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Gears is third person, but it's by far the best video game I've ever played.

Ignot
05-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Fear was that good? i might have to pick it up.

Asha
05-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Fear was that good.

Bobmuhthol
05-01-2007, 06:02 AM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. failed to hold my interest when I first started to play it (ie. you aren't immediately killing everything) so I haven't made any progress yet, but I know it ownz. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it.

grapedog
05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I really friggen want Portal, but Valve nixxed it's black box edition(HL2:EP2/Portal/TF2)...so that really sucks, but apparently you'll still be able to get them from the website without having to buy HL2 again.

If you haven't played it, Doom3 is pretty good. System Shock 2 is one of the best ever, and it's got some RPG elements, depends on how much you like your graphics.

Are you looking for something new, or just something good that you havne't played yet?

Sean of the Thread
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Other than a quick one player jaunt through COD or MOH.. fps is all about the multiplayer imo.

I have a lot of them and would be happy to hand out pixel kicks to the pixel nuts anytime someone is feeling froggy.

Asha
05-25-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm still playing mods for HL2. This game along with its counter strike free inclusion just doesn't get boring.
F.E.A.R for single player for 14 hours is perfect.
HL2 for single player and multiplayer is pretty much infinately gratifying.

Khariz
05-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to point out that Shadowrun comes out next tuesday. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. It's gonna be the first game where 360 and PC players can play against each other in an FPS.

Good times are head. Plus it plays sweet, and looks good too!

Kuyuk
05-25-2007, 10:26 AM
If anyone beat fear and expansion, and are willing to ship it to me, I might pay for shipping...

I beat fear, but dont have it; and then the expansion came out.

K.

grapedog
05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Just wanted to point out that Shadowrun comes out next tuesday. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. It's gonna be the first game where 360 and PC players can play against each other in an FPS.

Good times are head. Plus it plays sweet, and looks good too!

PC gamers will have to pay $50 a year for Live service in order to play Console players. Why would I pay $50 to beat up on some poor guy using a controller with auto aim help from the console? I'd rather buy $50 in cat accessories for all the good it would do me, and I hate cats.

Sean of the Thread
05-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah it's a no contest.

Khariz
05-25-2007, 11:16 AM
PC gamers will have to pay $50 a year for Live service in order to play Console players. Why would I pay $50 to beat up on some poor guy using a controller with auto aim help from the console? I'd rather buy $50 in cat accessories for all the good it would do me, and I hate cats.

Well then play with the free Silver service against PC players only. Doesn't make the game any less badass.

grapedog
05-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Well then play with the free Silver service against PC players only. Doesn't make the game any less badass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to trying it out, it does look fun. My complaints were directed towards the Live service. I love that Microsoft is really trying to energize the PC gaming market...but I don't like what I'm reading about the Live service and how it could impact stuff I'm used to having for free, and now having to pay for.

I think it was the most recent Games for Windows magazine had a couple of pages of an interview with 1 or 2 guys from MS about the Live service. Good interview, but it leaves me not feeling good.

Khariz
05-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to trying it out, it does look fun. My complaints were directed towards the Live service. I love that Microsoft is really trying to energize the PC gaming market...but I don't like what I'm reading about the Live service and how it could impact stuff I'm used to having for free, and now having to pay for.

I think it was the most recent Games for Windows magazine had a couple of pages of an interview with 1 or 2 guys from MS about the Live service. Good interview, but it leaves me not feeling good.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

I actually think they should have implemented it opposite of the way they have. They should have made the Free Live service integrated with 360 users, and made us PC players pay to segregate ourselves. I honestly think they would have made more money that way.

Paying to play with people who have autoaim while my mouse turning is gimped is not my cup of tea. I'm going to do it anyway because I have RL friends that don't have gaming comps and want to play with me...but I'm going to do it against my better judgment.