PDA

View Full Version : Monster's Mana

Celephais
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Has anyone done any research into the mana pool of monsters? I've seen pretty consistent results when I leech a critter dry, but I haven't checked to see if they stop casting.

I'm curious about a few things (and will do some research later if no one else has/does), do monsters expend mana at the same rate as players, if not is it predictable (IE they use one mana a cast). Do monsters with zero mana and a spell prepared cast that spell, if so, do they get nerve wounds (is it possible to leech a monster right after he preps, and then make him sit around like an idiot waiting for mana?) Do they regain mana... if so is it on our pulses and the same rate?

Anyone suggest a good monster to test this on? I'm trying to think if fire guardians have 906 and 908... if so they would probably be perfect. Are they BCS... it'd be nice to test a BCS and a non-BCS.

I'm pretty sure they don't expend mana at the same rate (fire guardians would run out very quickly, they don't have a large pool).

Ignot
04-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Im not sure how critter mana works but I have seen critters get nerve wounds from casting with not enough mana.

Latrinsorm
04-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I've seen Arachne acolytes die from nerve wounds from no mana. Fenghai strike me as a good test creature.

Landrion
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
On the other hand, Ive completely drained wood wights on several occasions to see them prep-cast boil without a hitch.

Artha
04-27-2007, 04:25 PM
It probably depends on the monster and whether or not it's been converted to the BCS.

Celephais
04-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I've seen Arachne acolytes die from nerve wounds from no mana. Fenghai strike me as a good test creature.

Fenghai BCS?

Danical
04-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Basic Critter Script

Celephais
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Basic Critter Script

Where is Meth's "Sigh" image...

Does the word "Fenghai" look like "What is" to you? I thought I didn't need to include "Are" in my post, but clearly I was mistaken... ARE Fenghai BCS?

OH! and it's not even basic critter script, it's basic critter system.

Danical
04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Does the word "Fenghai" look like "What is" to you?

Yes. :(

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/BCS

Script is also what Mestys used in the past; I'll go with script.

Eat coals.

ARE Fenghai BCS?

Dunno!

Celephais
04-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Script is also what Mestys used in the past; I'll go with script.

Eat coals.

And your link says "creature" not critter ;-)

Your search - "Basic Critter Script" site:Play.net - did not match any documents.
(Basic Critter System is the only one cached on google for the play.net site, interchanging creature and script in any way results in zero results)

and GM Oscuro announced the Krolvin conversion to BCS as "Basic Critter System". I'll go with system :medieval:

(I really don't care about the name of it, was just messing with you)

Danical
04-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Just for clarification, I care about the name as it's the lynchpin that holds my life together.

It's the BSC (Basic Creature Script) System.

Oscuro is a nooblet and allowed to make mistakes. Straighthhihghhkhliy or whoever posted about Kiramon something, something a few posts above Oscuro.

YARRRRR! :pirate:

Also, I seem to get about 150ish mana from Sirens which are level 96.

I get lvl/2 for non spell casting temple/OTF creatures except griffins; I don't get much from them or Water Elementals.

However, I am using 1013.

Celephais
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Hmm.. this is why I shall continue to call it the BCS, no further.

Also, I seem to get about 150ish mana from Sirens which are level 96.

I get lvl/2 for non spell casting temple/OTF creatures except griffins; I don't get much from them or Water Elementals.

However, I am using 1013.

Do you mean bleeding them dry, or per cast? Do bards have the same leech fatigue effects that wizards have?

Celephais
04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Just for clarification, I care about the name as it's the lynchpin that holds my life together.

It's the BSC (Basic Creature Script) System.

BSC? You would think that if it held your life together you would get the acroynm right... DOH!

Artha
04-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Why can't you avoid being a douche even when you're asking for help? Christ.

Celephais
04-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Why can't you avoid being a douche even when you're asking for help? Christ.

It's a lot more fun this way. I think Vulva understands I wasn't seriously berating him.

The information thusfar has been helpful, thanks guys.

Danical
04-27-2007, 06:15 PM
OH

MY

GOD.

MY LIFE IS NOW RUINED!

Seriously, I always seem to type BSC instead of BCS. I think it has something to do with last years college football games. Avoidance maybe? :(

And yeah, I don't take it personal. It's fun. What this forum needs is more pirate though!

:pirate::pirate:

Actually, I could go for a megaman one.

:)
|-= o o o PEW PEW PEW!
^

The Ponzzz
04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Megaman smilie FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Celephais
04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Actually, I could go for a megaman one.

:)
|-= o o o PEW PEW PEW!
^

I couldn't resist...
http://www.deadlylight.com/images/megaman.gif

I think he fired faster than that though...

Danical
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
The bullets most definitely travelled faster.

However, you could only have 3 on the screen at a single time.

At any rate, much :heart: for my new avatar! It replaces my Pierrot Le Fou.