PDA

View Full Version : Official: Dragonbones Rules

Fallen
04-26-2007, 01:37 PM
For those of you, like me, who never bothered to read this information... here it is.

----
These are the ofifical rules as posted in my tent.

~Khaladon

The game of Dragon's Bones hails from sometime during the First Age. The exact origins of the game are lost in the depths of time, but are believed to have been created by the Arkati. However, this is the ONLY game of its kind. These bones are unique. Several games have been created in an attempt to copy Dragon's Bones, but have been unable to attain the same quality and excitement. It is said that the dice were created from the bones of deceased dragon's by their Arkati servants to honor them. Nobody knows for certain whether this is true or not, we will never know for certain. All that is known is that these bones possess many strange and unidentifiable magical properties. The creator of the game understood this and established certain special bets to take advantage of these random occurences.

The rules are simple: Someone rolls the bones. People bet money as to whether the roller (called Slayer) will be successful, or unsuccessful. There are several other bets which are impartial to the slayer's success, and are only for one roll. This means that the bet only lasts for ONE roll. You are betting on the outcome of the bones on the next roll. If you bet correctly, you are payed off according to the odds chart. If you do not bet correctly, then your silver is swept into The Dragon's Maw!

Other bets last for several rolls, and are only dependent on whether the slayer succumbs to Dragon Strike, or gets the Quarry. The bones are passed to a new slayer whenever the current slayer hits a Dragon Strike.

Play begins with the Fly Out Roll. At this time, there is no Quarry to try and capture. People betting with the Slayer are hoping that a 7 or 11 is rolled on the Fly Out Roll. People betting against are hoping for a 2, 3, or 12 (All of them known as Dragon Bite). If the Slayer rolls something other than the previous numbers on the Fly Out Roll, that roll becomes the Quarry. To win, the Slayer MUST roll the Quarry again before a 7. For those betting against the Slayer, a 7 is the only way for them to win their bet. If the Slayer captures the Quarry, then he keeps the bones and is on a new Fly Out Roll. And the process begins all over. If ANY of the Dragon Bets hit, the Slayer retains the bones, AND the next roll will be a Fly Out Roll.

There are several bets that can be made which have nothing to do with the Quarry. Most of them are only concerned with the Slayer rolling a 7 before whatever number is bet upon.

There are TWO types of betting: Normal Betting and Dragon Betting. You may make as many normal bets as you wish. If you do make a normal bet, you will be unable to place a Dragon bet. Only ONE person may have a particular Dragon bet.

Dragon's Bones Payoff Chart

Bet Types Payoff

One Roll Bets:
2 30 to 1
3 15 to 1
7 4 to 1
11 15 to 1
12 30 to 1
Dragon's Lair (2,3,4,9,10,11,12) Even
(note: Pays out 2 to 1 if roll is 2 or 12)

Any Dragon Bite (2,3, or 12) 7 to 1

Multiple Roll Bets

Dragon Spine Even
Dragon's Belly Even
(note: A bet on the Spine is in support of the Slayer.)
(note: A bet on the Belly is not in support of the Slayer.)

Odds Quarry Dependent
4 or 10 9 to 5
5 or 9 7 to 5
6 or 8 7 to 6
Scaly 4 or 10 7 to 1
Scaly 6 or 8 9 to 1

You are allowed to bet up to Double your Spine or Belly amount for Odds. Read the poster to learn about the special Dragon bets and how Odds works. All bets listed on this chart are considered Normal bets.
>
When normal betting has closed and Dragon betting begun, you may place a Dragon bet provided you have not bet on anything else. There are FOUR Dragon bets. Only ONE person may bet a specific Dragon bet. The minimum betting requirements and specific payouts for each bet are listed below:

Dragon's Breath
Minimum bet amount: 1/10th the amount currently bet on the table.
Payout: Your original bet AND all silver currently bet on the table.

Dragon Spawn
Minimum bet amount: 1/200th the amount currently in the Dragon's Maw.
Payout: 40 times your original bet AND all silver currently bet on the table.

Dragon's Blood
Minimum bet amount: 1000 silvers.
Payout: Twice the total accumulated while betting Dragon's Blood. Please read the posted warning before you bet on Dragon's Blood.

Dragon Master
Minimum bet amount: 1/100th the amount currently in the Dragon's Maw.
Payout: All silver currently bet on the table plus one half the Dragon's Maw, AND you will receive 1/10th the value of the Maw at the end of the Gaming.

All Dragon bets are considered to be ONE roll bets with the exception of Dragon's Blood and if a Dragon Bet wins, the next roll will be a Fly out roll.

A note on how Odds work:

You may only bet Odds if you have a bet on the Dragon Spine or Belly, and then only after the Quarry has been established. Odds gives you the correct odds payout for the Quarry number hitting before a Dragon Strike. The Odds payouts for each associated Quarry number is listed below:

Number Correct Odds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4,10 2 to 1
5,9 3 to 2
6,8 6 to 5

** Warning **
Dragon's Blood is a bet only for those with silver to burn and a very healthy constitution.

Dragon's Blood exacts a small tribute from you each time you bet it. Minimum bet is 1000 silvers, although you may bet any amount over that. If Dragon's Blood does not occur on the next roll, you are COMPELLED to bet it again, at the same silver amount that you just bet. This will continue until you either win or die. If you run out of silver or attempt to leave the wagon, you will die.
If you win a Dragon's Blood bet, you receive all money that is currently bet on the table, as well as TWICE the total amount of silver that you were forced to contribute.

The risk is high, but so are the rewards.

read dis
In the Common language, it reads:
When I close down for the night, all bets on the table are lost. I will give some warning as to when I will close up shop, but when I am done, its all over. Also if anything happens that you lose a bet for leaving the table in any way you also lose the bet.

All your cookies are belong to us.

StrayRogue
04-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't see why dragon blood is such an awesome bet.

Fallen
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
The Novelty of it, I imagine. Is Dragon's Blood just a roll of the die that comes up, or is it a series of numbers which must be obtained?

Sylvan Dreams
04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
The Novelty of it, I imagine. Is Dragon's Blood just a roll of the die that comes up, or is it a series of numbers which must be obtained?

Ninmah slides the bones towards Cristalia. "Come on Slayer, roll a 9. Let's get that Quarry!"
Cristalia takes the bones, gives them a shake and flings them towards the opposite end of the table.
The bones sail through the air without tumbling or turning and you can see the numbers flickering ethereally across their face.
The bones land on the table without further movement, but no numbers appear on the face. Suddenly, a crimson, pulsating light issues forth, filling the room with a blood-red hue.
Ninmah exclaims, "Dragon's Blood!"
Ninmah sweeps all bets into the Dragon's Maw
You didn't win anything on that roll.
Ninmah reels the bones back to the center of the table with his gnarled stick.

LMingrone
03-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Haven't played in a while, so how do you win a Spawn bet? I understand the payouts, but what are the winning and losing conditions on a Spawn bet?

Asrial
03-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Dragon Spawn is like the Blood example (it also 'spawns' a snake in the room that attacks people).

You bet on it.. if you don't specifically get Dragon Spawn you lose. If you do.. you win.

There's nothing fancy with it like Blood. If you lose you just lose your bet and that's it. Nothing else happens. If it hits, you win money and the snake spawns.

It's a rare event outside the 2-12 rolls.

LMingrone
03-06-2010, 05:01 AM
Thank you. Exactly what I was wondering.

Askip
03-06-2010, 09:09 AM
It's similar to craps with worse payoffs, i.e. Odds payoff on 4 or 10 should be 2-1 but Bones pays 9-5. Also, the Dragon bets (Blood, Spawn, etc.) are like the 0/00 in roulette - you must have an exact bet on them.

Play it for fun, there is no winning system but you can get very lucky - someone eventually wins the lottery too.

:D

Augie
03-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll never forget when I hit Dragon Spawn for 82 mil. I think I sunk about 30 mil into the betting on it and ran to the bank for one last shot and it hit.

Khaladon was SOOOOOO mad. And he dropped a piano on my head lol.

Xanator
03-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Blood hit three times last night, if none of you guys were there. I don't even remember how much the payoff was once the limit got raised. I know the first win was for something in the neighborhood of 13 million.

ThatDamnTep
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Blood hit three times last night, if none of you guys were there. I don't even remember how much the payoff was once the limit got raised. I know the first win was for something in the neighborhood of 13 million.

I remember seeing 12 and change twice, and sixteen and a halfish the last time.

Mogonis
03-06-2010, 08:36 PM
12.x, 16.x, 17.x

SHAFT
03-06-2010, 09:15 PM
nm

Asrial
03-12-2010, 07:21 PM
A guide.