PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: A Hollow Soulstone Wand

Necromancer
04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
This is killing me, but I think I need to sell this item due to RL financial constraints.

I will provide the loresong and the look later, but for now I will give you a brief rundown of the item.

This is one of two such wands in existence; both of which came from the EG festival auction last year.

The wand has a long loresong about the creation of Amasalen. It has three basic functions.

WAVE: The wand will preserve a dead body as though it had animation crystals sprinkled on it. There is a SUBSTANTIAL bonus to your necromancy when this is done. The bonus is hard to pin down, but it has ranged from +19-+24 to your MAL. Those with the least necromancy seem to get the biggest boost. The duration bonus for this wand is substantial. Your animates will last quite a long time. This means two things.

1. with this wand you can animate *without* animation crystals. The wand can be waved any number of times. It never runs out of charges, and it costs no mana.
2. It means that even with no necromancy, the average sorcerer will be able to animate at about 14 levels above their head. This bonus applies to anyone who animates that creature. So Sorcerer A can wave it at a dead creature, and Sorcerer B can animate it with the same bonus Sorcerer A would have had.

Finally, as a side ability, this also means it can be used as an unlimited preservation wand. Since animation crystals function as preservation, waving it at a dead body will keep them.

WAVE <LIMB>: When waved at a limb that has been removed through the Limb Disruption spell that has not already animated, it will instantly animate that limb (arms will drag creatures to the ground if they are standing, and they will drag them across the ground incurring RT if they are already on the ground. legs will attempt to knock over creatures that are standing). This ability requires no mana and has unlimited uses.

POINT <ANIMATE>: When pointed at an animate, the wand instantly heals them of all wounds. This costs 30 mana, and it can be used any numbers of times. There is no daily or lifelong limit. It can be pointed at anyone's animate; not simply your own.

As one can imagine, this stands as the most powerful sorcery item in Gemstone. I'm loathe to give it up, but I don't have much of a choice. I will not sell it for less than a substantial sum, however. I am taking silvers or cash only. No trades under any circumstances.

Feel free to E-mail me at KDLMaj@gmail.com with offers or questions.

Fallen
04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
God damn it. If I hadn't just spend an insane amount of money on my armor I would likely get this from you, Q.

I can't fucking believe you're selling it. I thought you would whore yourself out on the streets, along with any willing family members before you would part with this thing. Jeez.

AestheticDeath
04-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Price range?

Necromancer
04-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Currently, the high bid is 75 million.

And yes, I have already pondered prostitution over selling this. It is likely that GS won't see me for a while afterwards; it'll have lost a lot of its draw.

Spendel
04-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Sounds like you should of prostituted yourself.

Spendel

Necromancer
04-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Don't tempt me.

The current high bid is 80 million

Asha
04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
See how much more quality the conversations can be here when compared to the exact same subject material on the officials?
Here we have bad language, talk of prostitution and much, much less Virilneus.

Also has to be said that if you're gonna pull out from GS for any length of time it's a big shame. You're good people, Q.

Necromancer
04-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you, sir. I do try.

Do'nt worry, if I vanish for a while I'll make sure to stock a crap load of animation crystals in my shops <g>

Necromancer
04-26-2007, 02:09 PM
The current high bid is 85 million

Necromancer
04-26-2007, 06:12 PM
The current high bid is 100m from Evarin

Necromancer
04-26-2007, 06:31 PM
I have set a BO on the wand at 125m if anyone wants it badly enough to ensure it is theirs.

Otherwise, bidding will end this Sunday, 12PM EST.

There is a krakiipedia.org article on the soulstone wand if you want the info on the loresong and such. Note that the information on the MAL bonus is inaccurate. The actual bonus is dependent on your Necromancy ranks (I wrote that before I realized it). I have never seen a bonus lower than +19 to your MAL (roughly a phantom 95 necromancy rank bonus), and it seems to go 4-5 MAL higher for those with no necromancy ranks (though I don't exactly know why it works out that way).

Bids can be sent via Private Message or E-mailed to KDLMaj@gmail.com

The Ponzzz
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Holy shit, that wand is amazing.

Necromancer
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Yes, yes it is.

There's no item in Gemstone I could ever acquire that would even begin to take the place of this wand

Necromancer
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
My wonderful wand is sold on BO.