PDA

View Full Version : Proper 411 bundling

Renian
04-14-2007, 12:09 PM
So I used the fixskills to turn Renian into an archer. I must say, it was one of my better moves; I can now wreck OTF swarms with ease, as I no longer have to rely on hiding.

Unless they contain constructs. Constructs make me sad.

Anyway, what is the proper method of rebundling your e-bladed arrows after you have fired them? Should all the fired ones go into a new bundle, or return to the e-bladed bundle, or what?

TheEschaton
04-14-2007, 12:23 PM
When you bless/eblade a bundle, the charges are spread over all the arrows. I forgot what the formula is for eblading, but blessing, I believe is/used to be 3 per level. So, my 100 level cleric would bless a bundle of 100 arrows, and it would be a bundle with 300 charges.

Then, when you remove an arrow, it takes 2 charges, and applies it to the arrow. So now, you have a bundle of 99 arrows with 298 blesses, and 1 separate arrow with 2 blesses. It comes out of the bundle with 2 charges so the bless/eblade doesn't fade after one shot. You fire, you use up one charge. Get a new arrow, and now you've got 1 arrow on the ground/in the creature with 1 charge, 1 arrow in your hand with 2 charges, and 98 arrows in a bundle with 296 charges. Fire. Say you kill it, you have 2 arrows on the ground, one charge each. You bundle them back INTO the ebladed bundle, and their one charge gets added back in (so now you have 100 arrows with 298 charges) and the next one you pull will have two charges again. The easiest way to re-bundle them in is via the GATHER verb, from what I've seen in most of Gan's logs.

This is all old information, haven't really played an archer in a couple of years.

-TheE-

Krinthalis
04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
When you pull an arrow from a bundle of e-bladed arrows, that arrow will have two charges of e-blade, and the bundle will have the rest of the charges. What this means is that you should fire the arrow, then pick it up and return it to the original bundle. You should not fire an arrow you just picked up off the ground, as this will use up the second charge on it and you won't be able to rebundle it.

What I do is have two macros:

One that does
get 1 arr from my arrows in quiv
stance o
fire

And one that does
stance d
gather arr
put arr in arrows in my quiv

This will ensure you only grab arrows from the bundle and not the ground

Renian
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Ah, very good. Thank you.

Nieninque
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
\xtake bow from sling\r
\xput bow in sling\r

\xcock crossbow\r\xget 1 bolt from my thigh\rload crossbow\r

\xgather bolt\r
\xput bolt in bolts in my thigh-quiver\r

\xgather arrow\r
\xput my arrow in arrow in my thigh\r

That was my macros

Found this one funny also...now sure why I had that set up :whistle:

\xprep 616\r\xcast at warclai\r

Renian
04-14-2007, 01:19 PM
\x? I've actually never used that. What's it do, clear the command line?

Victorj
04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, \x clears the command line. Quite useful if you're trying to use a macro and hit something beforehand by accident.

Renian
04-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Indeed.