PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hunting Question

DrZaius
04-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I've got a friend whose got a 24 2h warrior, and he was wondering what everyone thought he should be hunting. He wants to avoid Krovlins, because they were pissing him off earlier. I don't know his stats, but he's got a 1x claidh.

Thanks.

NoOnesShowMonkey
04-13-2007, 12:34 AM
I am the guy with the warrior he is talking about. I just got back from a 10 month or so break from GSIV and when I got back... wow.

I started hunting Warfarers at around level 20 and stacked them like cord wood.

Since I have returned, they have gotten a lot meaner. Maybe they got into a nasty war with some real fighters and learned a few new tricks. I don't know. But either case, they messed me up when I went back.

A krolvin warfarer gestures at you!
CS: +134 - TD: +75 + CvA: -18 + d100: +56 - -5 == +102
Warding failed!
... 14 points of damage!
Nasty blow to your neck!
You are stunned for 3 rounds!

Success by 2 and a 3 round stun. Neck or not, thats a bit absurd. A success by 24 netted a 5 second stun on me, as well.

What in gods name have they been eating?

Latrinsorm
04-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Just don't let them cast. It's e-blast, they've had it since PB was in diapers.

Or you can hunt reivers, they're pretty fun.

Or you could give the spider temple a whirl. There are casters there too, though.

NoOnesShowMonkey
04-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Their casting was never a problem. The e-wave was never followed up by effective spells or even effectual melee attacks.

The fireblast spell (e-blast or whatever it is) seems to have either gotten buffed or they just cast it more often / effectively.

I also used to run feint specifically for giving RT and forcing a stance drop so I could stop casters from casting but had since rotated it out.

Warriorbird
04-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Cyclops then kiramon or storm giants/skeletals. Sunder helps an insane amount with storm giants.

Alternately I like the Jungle a lot.

Celephais
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Cyclops then kiramon or storm giants/skeletals. Sunder helps an insane amount with storm giants.

Alternately I like the Jungle a lot.

Are kiramon a really good choice for warriors? What with the BCS changes now and the flares they could be pretty deadly. I'm under the impression being "unable to be hit" by them would be important.

Latrinsorm
04-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I hunted arctic manticores with my warrior. It seems very unlikely to me that kiramon flares are worse. I would guess they're strongly level-based, so the people who used to hunt kiramon at level 20 or whatever were toasted and pitched a fit.

No one should ever admit to hunting cyclopses for any extended period. :no:

Warriorbird
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
"Are kiramon a really good choice for warriors? What with the BCS changes now and the flares they could be pretty deadly. I'm under the impression being "unable to be hit" by them would be important."

I've been listing easy hunting grounds. Kiramon are still that for warriors. Feint and whomp the second they enter a room. They never seem to trigger their maneuvers very well on Squares, indicating that Dodge might be in there somewhere.

Cyclops are SO very easy too.

As to actual hunting grounds I enjoy/that are a challenge? The best one (Jantalar) is gone...but I still love Thurfel's Cellar for around level 20. The Vaalor Bog is fun too.

Paradii
04-14-2007, 10:47 PM
"Are kiramon a really good choice for warriors? What with the BCS changes now and the flares they could be pretty deadly. I'm under the impression being "unable to be hit" by them would be important."

I've been listing easy hunting grounds. Kiramon are still that for warriors. Feint and whomp the second they enter a room. They never seem to trigger their maneuvers very well on Squares, indicating that Dodge might be in there somewhere.

Cyclops are SO very easy too.

As to actual hunting grounds I enjoy/that are a challenge? The best one (Jantalar) is gone...but I still love Thurfel's Cellar for around level 20. The Vaalor Bog is fun too.

I think you mean the Weald in Vaalor. The Bog would be impossible until you are almost 40 due to fear based attacks.

LordKabaril
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I hunted arctic manticores with my warrior. It seems very unlikely to me that kiramon flares are worse. I would guess they're strongly level-based, so the people who used to hunt kiramon at level 20 or whatever were toasted and pitched a fit.

No one should ever admit to hunting cyclopses for any extended period. :no:

Heh, I made like 3m+ in cyclops skinning em over 5-10 levels before GS4 rolled out, and they were even easier then than they are now. What's wrong with hunting cyclops for an extended period of time?

Hakonne
04-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Been a very long time since 24, but I seem to remember the Spider Temple around that the 20s. Might work for you.

Hak