PDA

View Full Version : Healing Question: Big surprise there...

Meges
04-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Anyway, I have two empaths and I've raised them from level zero to 75 (or around there, I haven't played him since the changes to Moonglae and I never really kept track of it all that well) and 56. I've had my level 56 empath in Ta'Vaalor healing my newbie sorcerer when he gets his ass handed to him. Something I've noticed recently that I never noticed before is that my sorcerer might have an 8 point bleeder, but when my empath transfers the wound, it only shows up as a 4 point bleeder on her. This has been happening non-stop with her. Is this normal? I'm kind of wondering if the game is cheating her out of experience because of some odd bug or something. Any ideas or revelations?

Meges

Bobmuhthol
04-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Empaths always bleed at the base rate. I've had 200 per injuries that empaths transfer as 4 per. It prevents the empath from dying instantly.

Latrinsorm
04-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Experience (pre-spillage) is solely determined by injury rank and body location (for non-blood, obviously). An 8 per chest bleeder on the patient is worth the same as an 800 per.

Meges
04-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Empaths always bleed at the base rate. I've had 200 per injuries that empaths transfer as 4 per. It prevents the empath from dying instantly.

I don't remember that always being the case. I seem to remember my older empath transferring some pretty nasty wounds on Teras and me giving thanks for Sign of Staunching. I could possibly be remembering incorrectly since I've never really kept up with the profession and some of the more subtle quirks. I guess it would seem that perhaps I am wrong based on your and Latrinsorm's remarks. Regardless, thanks.

Meges

Rolton-Sammich
04-11-2007, 03:57 AM
I don't remember that always being the case. I seem to remember my older empath transferring some pretty nasty wounds on Teras and me giving thanks for Sign of Staunching. I could possibly be remembering incorrectly since I've never really kept up with the profession and some of the more subtle quirks. I guess it would seem that perhaps I am wrong based on your and Latrinsorm's remarks. Regardless, thanks.

You might be thinking about stacking wounds... empaths can fairly easily work themselves up to ridiculous-per by transferring new wounds to the same already-injured spot. After a while of sitting around and transferring minor wounds over and over without bothering to heal the mediums... that's when I'd hit "health" and see that the Council is standing between me and near-instant death. I have a dusty, nagging memory that there were some changes 5-6 years back that made it harder to build up wounds that way (or maybe just made it more annoying with casting restrictions).

But my empath was too busy hitting things with a claidhmore to sit around growing a fat ass anyway, so don't trust too much of what I remember.

Latrinsorm
04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
It is absolutely the case that repeatedly transferring (or normally receiving) minor wounds on a bleeder will exacerbate the loss rate (though this will have no effect on experience gained). During some redux testing, I had my warrior repeatedly receive minors. Each one past the bleeder resulted in an initial 1 per (for the arm or leg, I can't remember which), ending up with something like a 44 per bleeder on each limb. Sign of staunching ftw.

Meges
04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Maybe that's what I'm remembering then. Thanks.

Meges