PDA

View Full Version : "Spanish" music for a party this evening

Xaerve
04-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm attending a party this evening and need some help making a "spanish" music themed CD. I say "Spanish" because the party is celebrating art from Spain at a art museum on campus.

If anyone knows any nice classy Spanish bands that I should purchase, please let me know! :)

Daniel
04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Pitbull.

Preferably with guest appearences by the ying yang twins.

Gan
04-10-2007, 02:17 PM
You might want to narrow down the genre of the 'spanish' music you're looking for.

Classical?

Instrumental?

Modern?

Folk/historical?

I could fill up hours of CD's with spanish classical appregio guitar instrumental music, I love to listen appregio guitar.

I would guess your needs depend on what art is being exhibited and who your audience in attendance will likely be (students?)

Latrinsorm
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Gipsy Kings. FIN

Artha
04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Enrique Eglasias.

Xaerve
04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
I just got the Gipsy Kings cd, its perfect, Thank you!

Ganalon can you reccomend any "spanish classical appregio guitar instrumental music"?

Bobmuhthol
04-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Los Lobos.

Dropped_In
04-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Los Lobos is a winner. Also check out the Gotan Project, Hybrid Tango, Telefunka, and the Bajofondo Tango Club (created by Juanes' producer).

Sean of the Thread
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Rico Suave ~ Gerardo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7hEh4padQ

Gan
04-10-2007, 03:50 PM
A la luz de la luna llena - Daniel Nightingale

Flamenco - Carlos Montoya

Anything by John Williams (very talented appregio picker)

*Essential Guitar: 34 guitar masterpieces - various artist collection - great overview/intro into the genre.

*one of my fav's.

Forgot to add Villa-Lobos

Martaigne
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
This isn't necessarily Spanish, but Hispanic, being that it's Brasilian Jazz. Gato Barbieri. Super good stuff.

Xaerve
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the advice.

Back
04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I tortured myself all day trying to give you a good link. I have nothing that I know of out of Spain at the moment.

But it dawned on me that you might look into the Gilberto family from Brazil. Babel (http://www.bebelgilberto.com/), daughter of Joao, has a beautiful voice with that refined latin sound.

Valthissa
04-10-2007, 10:48 PM
A la luz de la luna llena - Daniel Nightingale

Flamenco - Carlos Montoya

Anything by John Williams (very talented appregio picker)

*Essential Guitar: 34 guitar masterpieces - various artist collection - great overview/intro into the genre.

*one of my fav's.

Forgot to add Villa-Lobos

calling John Williams very talented is actually understating his skill imo. I remember when Sky came out - it was the first 'fusion' band that really worked for me.

Also, one of the best Flamenco performances I ever saw was a solo by Eddie Van Halen (Spanish Fly), strange but true.

C/Valth

Gan
04-10-2007, 11:11 PM
calling John Williams very talented is actually understating his skill imo. I remember when Sky came out - it was the first 'fusion' band that really worked for me.

I like his stuff, just dont know if I'm experienced with this genre enough to call him outstanding. I do like his music though.

Also, one of the best Flamenco performances I ever saw was a solo by Eddie Van Halen (Spanish Fly), strange but true.

C/Valth

Spanish Fly by EVH is worthy of divine worship. ;) He also does a great job in his Little Guitars (intro) since we're on the topic of appregio picking.

Rathain
04-10-2007, 11:13 PM
it's arpeggio, not appregio.

Paco de Lucia is synonymous with spanish, rapid fire arpeggios.

Jolena
04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Rico Suave ~ Gerardo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp7hEh4padQ

I hate you.

Gan
04-10-2007, 11:56 PM
it's arpeggio, not appregio.

Paco de Lucia is synonymous with spanish, rapid fire arpeggios.

You're still posting here? I thought you would be embarrased away by now. :lol:

(oh I get it, you're just stalking my posts now, mano you're getting spooky)

(just repeat after me... multiple personality disorder, multiple personality disorder, multiple personality disorder)