PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Items

onurb
04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Two nice brawlers for sale. PRICES LOWERED!

a perfect vultite katar (4x, blessable, perfect forging) - 4 mi
a perfect vultite fist-scythe (7x, blessable, perfect forging) - 8 mil

onurb on AIM
onurb@aim.com

Don't send U2Us, IM or email instead.

Summertime
04-22-2007, 09:56 PM
1 million on the perfect forge Katar

Summertime
04-24-2007, 11:00 PM
better a million now then nothing later :)

Sthrockmorton
04-24-2007, 11:33 PM
something tells me it'll be a little more than nothing, or even a million later...

Summertime
05-02-2007, 11:57 PM
:) ... I can almost feel the katar in my hand *happy sigh*

Summertime
05-12-2007, 05:03 PM
:) 14 ranks to go.... almost finished mastering crafting, then it's on to forging. I guess I won't be needing your Katar after all, so don't cut the price on my account. I didn't even know that as an Elf AND a Paladin I get a double bonus for my attempts *cabbage patch*

onurb
05-13-2007, 03:51 PM
:) 14 ranks to go.... almost finished mastering crafting, then it's on to forging. I guess I won't be needing your Katar after all, so don't cut the price on my account. I didn't even know that as an Elf AND a Paladin I get a double bonus for my attempts *cabbage patch*

Once you start forging and realize the time, effort, and cost that goes into making a perfect vultite weapon, only then will you appreciate my prices on them. The vultite katar at 4m is well below cost. I haven't cut any prices on your account, but thank you for being considerate.

bump

Summertime
05-13-2007, 05:28 PM
LOL! Why the hell would I care about vultite, when I can make it from steel and get it enchanted to MINIMUM 6x, 7x if I'm lucky? That and it keeping its blessable nature makes paying millions for something that I can get made for thousands is just insane.

I'm betting you've had near zero interest in this weapon, considering the training costs are brutal in comparison to what the 'perceived' returns are. Funny how you had the chance to sell to me, and instead pulled a Tsin.

'Fair Market' prices are a load of crap for the most part. It's more of a waiting game then anything else. Wait until someone is desperate enough to pay your price, blah blah blah. *shrug*

Once I've mastered forging for Katars, I'm going to have fun selling affordable weapons without the 'Elitest' crap I keep hearing from 'professional' forgers who refuse to work with steel as if it were somehow beneath them.

Rinswynd
05-13-2007, 05:53 PM
To be honest, a weapon or any other item is only worth what a person is willing to pay. Someone may be willing to pay it, but I'd agree with Summer for the most part. Metal is metal, unless it's a rare one that you just HAVE to have. I think everything, price-wise has gotten a bit out of control, but for something I really want, I still pay it. I may take up forging one day, but just because I would want to make rare metal weapons and collect them.

Rins.

onurb
05-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Funny how you had the chance to sell to me, and instead pulled a Tsin

I had an item for 4 mil and you wanted it for 1 mil. I respectfully declined and was even helpful to you by giving you advice and references on where to look to get a more affordable steel katar forged. You kept IMing me atleast twice a day for a week strait badgering me about the katar. Once you realized I wouldn'd budge from the price, you became bitter and went into insult mode as you can see with the above quote. I am not quite sure what pulling a Tsin is, was it because I wouldn't sell you an item at the price you wanted it for?

Summertime
05-14-2007, 06:11 AM
more like because you adhere to a price that is unsupported by demand. Good luck on selling it. And if your investment costs were the actual issue for your pricing, then why the refusal to work with Steel. *shrug*

Bitter? More like disgusted with the smug hypocrisy I've encountered with sellers and merchants in general who sob about their out of pocket expenses.... And you were demanding 6m for the Katar when I quit asking you about it. And to think I even offered a piece of taffy *flail* (lol)

AestheticDeath
05-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Perfect forged weapons have sold this high and higher before.

This is a lesser used weapon form as far as I know. If it were edged I bet it would sale fairly quick.

If you don't like the price, move on. Don't insult people for trying to make a profit.

By the way I am pretty sure forging is harder and much more time consuming than crafting. You'll probably have wasted the 4m asking price or more by the time you are done. Then you have to forge often enough to get the 'lucky' three perfect crafts/joins.

TheEschaton
05-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Onurb is pretty well known as an honest merchant, so I don't see how you can accuse him of "pulling a Tsin". Him not selling you a perfectly forged weapon for 1m is not only completely legitimate, but you have to have something wrong with you to think a 4x perfectly forged weapon should go to you for 1m.

-TheE-

Drew
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah that is not what pulling a Tsin means. Pulling a Tsin would be something like he had a regular katar altered to include the word "perfect" in it and then went ahead and sold it as a perfectly forged one.

onurb
05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
bump

Danical
05-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Onurb is pretty well known as an honest merchant. . .
-TheE-

True Story.

Summertime
05-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry, by 'pulling a Tsin' I simply meant his price was terribly unrealistic given the current market

Celephais
05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry, by 'pulling a Tsin' I simply meant his price was terribly unrealistic given the current market

... but it's not. It's a sellers market, despite it being a small market, the supply is even smaller.

Summertime
05-24-2007, 12:03 AM
the facts don't support that... or it would have sold by now. Not having sold at either 6M, OR 4M proves that the market does not support that price.

Tolwynn
05-24-2007, 12:08 AM
All it takes is one person buying to show that the market does support it. And in the case of something rare or unusual, it's certainly the seller's prerogative to wait for a price they feel is reasonable as well.