PDA

View Full Version : Civil and military rank

Xcalibur
01-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I've searched, found some but I would want to find ALL civil, noble, military (navies, armies and later air) of ALL possibles countries and era (antiquities, middle age, renaissance, etc) and if possible, in order from less to "best"

For exemple:

Romans, military? navy? and such

If someone got such informations, I'd appreciated it

01-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Give an example of the US military right now so i can see what you mean

peam
01-01-2004, 03:57 PM
http://www.tesarta.com/www/resources/library/militaryrank.html

There's the current US rankings. All branches.

Xcalibur
01-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I'll give you an exemple of France's nobilty from memory.. I don't know about the US's military/navy's/air force's

Noble
Page
Ecuyer (squire)
Chevalier (knight)
Baron
Vicomte
Comte
Marquis
Duc
Prince

Excellent, Peam, it's the like i'm searching, i need more more!

[Edited on 1-1-04 by Xcalibur]

Latrinsorm
01-01-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the Army doesn't use Warrant officers. That's what this ROTC guy I know said.

AnticorRifling
01-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Haha ROTC guys tend to be idiots. I hate the ROTC program, it takes college kids who have never seen anything in the real world and puts them in charge of troops. Troops that have actually done something in the military besides play war games. Boot LT's piss me off, my boots have been in the Marine Corps longer than they have but I have to call this kid sir! Please, you should have to be enlisted before becoming an officer. I'll tell you right now the most respected officers in the military have the word Warrant in front of them.

Army still uses them FYI.

01-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Yea we still have warrants. And Anticor im gonna be going into ROTC, so eat dick and die jarhead :P

Latrinsorm
01-02-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
ROTC bashing.

To be fair... they do go skiing. And I think I saw some AFROTC guys marching one time. Which confused me, because how can you march on a plane?

AnticorRifling
01-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
Yea we still have warrants. And Anticor im gonna be going into ROTC, so eat dick and die jarhead :P

You missed the point. You've already been enlisted so now you rate to lead enlisted. I hate the ROTC Nazis that haven't done squat but now think they rate to be in charge of me.

Hi my name is RangerD1 I'm an army of 1 because in the army you don't have to count and you're not supposed to be a team. :cool:

Xcalibur
01-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Hmm...

No other "experts"?

AnticorRifling
01-02-2004, 04:23 PM
What else do you want to know?

Xcalibur
01-02-2004, 04:32 PM
All possible known countries, civil (political, nobility, civil rank) and military ranks

Romans, babilonien, egyptiens, UK in the middle age, et cetera.

All there is to be known about the subject

Latrinsorm
01-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Major Generals used to be Sergeant Major Generals in the America rank system. Then they dropped the Sarge apparently to make a cool bit of trivia, seeing as how a Major X is under a Lieutenant X.

Really, you have America's, why would you want any others?