PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting

Trinitis
01-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Alright everyone. I've desided to go ahead and open up for a bit of enchanting.

I'll take any 0-4x jobs pretty much without question. I'll be using the following price guidelines for 0-4x

0x - 1x : 20k

1x - 2x : 30k

2x - 3x : 50k

3x - 4x : 100k

Anything over 4x, Will have to be hashed out via U2U. I'm currently doing something over 4x, which should be done in 6-7 days. After that, I *may* have one person already in line for another big project (if he desides too, he has 6 days to make his choice.)

U2U me any questions or requests for work. Thanks :)

-Adredrin

PS : I really did not think I had to add this, but any failed enchanting mishaps are beyond my control. I take all steps possible to make sure the enchanting goes through as planned. If a enchantment does fail, causing damage or loss to the item. I will return the item as is, as well as refund any unused portion of the cost.

PPS : In enchantments higher then 4x, The refund will be more limited if a mishap happens, as the time spent on the item was keeping me from doing any other work. But there will still be a large portion of the payment returned.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by LordAdredrin]

Trinitis
02-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Bump

Open for 1-4x Will be a few months before I can start another big project..got a few lined up.

Stunseed
02-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Hell, I just said I had a slot open tonight in Mule, and have booked 2 projects back-to-back in less than 30 minutes.

Trinitis
02-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Well, I'm trying to be nice and offer 'em up to the PC people before I release my slots to the "public" but if no one responds with work soon..Oh well.

Miss Jade
02-11-2004, 11:34 AM
anything open for 4 to 5x?
________
SHOWER VIDS (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/37/shower/videos/1)

Stunseed
02-11-2004, 08:33 PM
I offered my slot on PC last time. No one took it so I threw it on the official boards. Maybe in 3 months I'll put one up here again.

Reyek
02-13-2004, 04:58 PM
your prices are reasonable Adredin. I sat on black net for about 30 minutes and got lots of enchant jobs wanting to be done. currently working on a a 6x enchant for 6mil. not bad for it already being 4x.

About the refund policy you offer.... I think its without saying people know the chance of failure. i dont offer any refund if the enchant goes south. you are paying me regardless of a fumble or not. I do try not to do a fumble and im fully capable of doing any viable enchants, but anything can happen. its the buyers loss if i happen to fumble it, not mine.

Caiylania
02-13-2004, 05:10 PM
At least I know who to go to when I get the silvers for it!

Reyek
02-13-2004, 05:21 PM
of course i dont charge my friends anything but potion costs! ask chica!

Caiylania
02-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Dare I ask what potion costs are? <cringes>

Drew2
02-13-2004, 05:31 PM
That was a direct attack Tayre, cut it out. -J.T.

--------
Actually it wasn't. He was opposing Adredrin's view of refunds, and I explained why their views differed.

[Edited on 2-13-2004 by J-Tech]

[Edited on 2-13-2004 by Tayre]

Bobmuhthol
02-13-2004, 05:38 PM
<<Dare I ask what potion costs are?>>

Rohnuru - 3500
Duqnuru - 5500
Dirtokh - 10000
Mirtokh - 35000
Sisfu - 17500

Caiylania
02-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<Dare I ask what potion costs are?>>

Rohnuru - 3500
Duqnuru - 5500
Dirtokh - 10000
Mirtokh - 35000
Sisfu - 17500

Thankyou!

Trinitis
02-13-2004, 05:49 PM
I know some people offer no refunds, but I personally feel if the item blows, I should not reap the rewards.

When it comes to major projects, my refunds change a bit.

On major projects, I ask for 10% of the tottal cost as a deposit. The deposit does two things, reserves your slot in my enchanting process (because I go strictly on a first reservered, first enchanted basis), and its the ammount I keep, if an item does explode. Personally, I'd be pissed if I had to pay 6mil up front, and the item explodes. Now I'm out an item, and 6mil silver. And atop of that, how do I know for sure the item poofed? Your not casting in-front of me.

I'm not saying you rip people off, I'm just saying I view that standard of practice as faulty, IMO.

-Adredrin

PS. As for my prices, I've settled on this chart.

0x - 1x : 20k

1x - 2x : 30k

2x - 3x : 50k

3x - 4x : 100k

4x - 5x : 1mil

5x - 6x : 4mil

6x - 7x : 6mil

[Edited on 2-13-2004 by LordAdredrin]

DarknessWithin
02-13-2004, 06:12 PM
I agree with Adredrin on this one...and not just cause he's my bro! :lol:

Seriously though, As being someone who doesn't have silvers up the wazoo I would be weary of someone wanting 6 mil in coin up front along with an item that could possibly be 200k or more if it were a really nice weapon or armor. Cold hard fact is, it's easy to get screwed on the black net especially if your really trusting and think your getting something for a "good deal." I'm not sayin anyone is rippin people off, but the offer of a partial refund is a nice thing to know and to think of incase something does go poof in the night. It's also called good business

Kitsun
02-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Some enchanters offer to do each cast in front of the customer. It can, however slow the process down if the enchanter and enchantee have greatly differing schedules.

Trinitis
02-13-2004, 06:17 PM
I've heard of that too, but my pure randomness of enchanting times would cause huge strife with that..so I won't be doing it ;)

-Adredrin

Reyek
02-13-2004, 06:34 PM
i dont mind doing the casts in front of them if they are ingame and they ask for that, but i only enchant 1 day a week and i if its time to cast im not going to wait for them. I'll tell them when i'll be around to do it and send them a though to see if they are around and then wait a bit if they dont show i'll cast away. and when im done i exchange it at the AI crystal so they can verify.

BTW the potions vary. and i can get them dirt cheap in mule due to my citizen ship there.

Trinitis
02-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
i dont mind doing the casts in front of them if they are ingame and they ask for that, but i only enchant 1 day a week and i if its time to cast im not going to wait for them. I'll tell them when i'll be around to do it and send them a though to see if they are around and then wait a bit if they dont show i'll cast away. and when im done i exchange it at the AI crystal so they can verify.

BTW the potions vary. and i can get them dirt cheap in mule due to my citizen ship there.

Where the heck are they in mule? I've looked and looked, and can't find them. :(

Reyek
02-13-2004, 07:04 PM
from town center...

N
W
NW
NE
go gate
go footbridge
go path
go shelter
Order

tada!
BTW that will cost you 10 silver and halfing sacrafice.

Souzy
02-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Bump

Open for 1-4x Will be a few months before I can start another big project..got a few lined up.

Can I cut in front of everyone? :whistle:

02-13-2004, 08:11 PM
So , whats a good training plan for an enchanting wizard and how old should you be before you start.

Bobmuhthol
02-13-2004, 08:12 PM
You should have the spell enchant with elemental mana control, wizard ranks, scroll reading, magical item use, and probably a bunch of other stuff. Be unencumbered, have a lot of harness power/mana.

Trinitis
02-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Lalana

Can I cut in front of everyone? :whistle:

Depends on what work your needing done. if its 4x or under, I can do it anytime

Stunseed
02-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I personally either gets my customers otherworld contact, and IM/E-mail casts and pours. It's OOC, but fuck it I want return business, and for the dumb folks not knowing what's going on with your uber-altered item is scary. I also do the 10% deposit thing, but many of my customers now simply pay me up front.