PDA

View Full Version : Forget the Rogue...how about Ranger?

velvetomatoe
03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey everyone, so my friend decided to take my Rogue idea and run with it so I'm scrapping that and taking the advice to help him with his and play his instead of my own :)

This being said I still want to start another character and it's looking like Ranger.
I would like to create one that's excellent at imbuing so I can feed my wizard blanks for embedding. That being said the only requirements are:

-Imbue is the most important thing
-Would like to go blunt weapons.

Any suggestions on what training/stats are best for this kind of venture? Seen a bunch of TWC and Twohanders but not much talk about imbuing and blunts. Maybe I'm off my rocker?

Thanks in advance as always,

velvetomatoe

Artha
03-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Why on earth are you going blunt weapons? Archery or two handers, imo.

Silvanostar
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
from the site :

Imbue allows a Ranger to take a piece of natural, organic material and alter it by channeling energy into the object, changing its basic structure. The result will allow the object to be turned into a magical item by someone with the spell Magic Item Creation. The amount of mana the new magical item will hold is dependent upon a dedication to the Ranger Spell Circle, the Mana Control, Spiritual skill, and the Discipline and Intuition stat bonuses.

Rangers can cast imbue at foraged items such as sticks, mezereon bark, tree bark, wyrmwood bark and wiregrass.

Drew
03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
The amount of mana the new magical item will hold is dependent upon a dedication to the Ranger Spell Circle, the Mana Control, Spiritual skill, and the Discipline and Intuition stat bonuses.

The site doesn't mention it (it's woefully outdated as usual) but summoning lore helps your max mana at stages.

To get the best OHB ranger for imbuing just take your typical OHE plan and switch that to blunt, train in spirit mana share every level and summoning lore every other level.

AestheticDeath
03-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Rangers can cast imbue at foraged items such as sticks, mezereon bark, tree bark, wyrmwood bark and wiregrass.

Where do you find all that stuff? Never even heard of the mezereon bark or the wyrmwood bark..

Silvanostar
03-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Where do you find all that stuff? Never even heard of the mezereon bark or the wyrmwood bark..

heh honestly, i've never seen those before. i've only run across the usual sticks, bark, and wiregrass. maybe with alchemy, they'll introduce mezereon or wyrmwood bark

Gan
03-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Ranger would be better with sword/board, 2he, or archery. You're smoking blunts if you're thinking blunts. ;)

Just think of a ranger as a more magical rogue.

velvetomatoe
03-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Is blunt that bad of an option? Couldn't imagine why...I've always thought they'd be fun and a little different. Anyone ever done blunt ranger before?

-velvetomatoe

Drew
03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Blunts are better for ambushing, I don't know what everyone is bitching about.

Danical
03-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Regyy does fine with blunts . . . but he's pretty far post cap.

Paradii
03-27-2007, 12:17 AM
twc ranger all the way.