PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Container Idea?

DarknessWithin
03-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok so I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted on here, but I need some help with an idea.

I'm trying to come up with an alter idea for a belt-worn container that holds all my vials and whatnot for my sorcerer goodies. Vials, runestones, ink, books, etc. I'd like it to be elegant but "sorcerer" like but I've no idea. If anyone wouldn't mind helping me come up with something, let me know? Thanks!

--Marclar

Fallen
03-25-2007, 07:45 PM
A reliquary

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 07:50 PM
A Locker.

Ignot
03-25-2007, 08:20 PM
A brown hairy sack.

Gigantuous
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Reliquary is a good, elegant, sorcerous word.

DarknessWithin
03-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Hmm...a reliquary is more like a box though. The base item that was given to me is made out of leather though. It was one of those Sorcerer kits that was given out by those lectures in the "Heart of Art" rooms.

--Marclar

Fallen
03-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I am fairly sure it could be done via alter.

DarknessWithin
03-25-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm not quite sure it's the look I'm going for though. For some reason it strikes me as more of a satchel or something but yeah, satchel is so boring...heh.

--Marclar

The Ponzzz
03-25-2007, 08:55 PM
a hollowed giantman head fetish.

Nilandia
03-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Shoot me an IM sometime, Marclar. I'd be glad to help you, but I prefer to tailor my designs to the people I'm designing for, so I like to get to know the character in a bit more detail.

If you want, you can reach me on IM at LadyNilandia.

Gretchen

Sylvan Dreams
03-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Just get a slave.

DarknessWithin
03-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Just get a slave.

Good cute ones are so hard to find though!

--Marclar

Jolena
03-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Not really. Sylvan slaves are 'in' right now. Head out to the woods and putter around a bit, one will turn up, I'm sure.

The Ponzzz
03-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Slaves should all be ugly and beaten! ALL OF THEM.

Fallen
03-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Not really. Sylvan slaves are 'in' right now. Head out to the woods and putter around a bit, one will turn up, I'm sure. >>

Hah, says the human slave. I want a Gnome slave. Or, a half-gnome, half halfling slave. Or lucos's whistle. Either way.

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Not really. Sylvan slaves are 'in' right now. Head out to the woods and putter around a bit, one will turn up, I'm sure.

Really now? If I throw a rock or something at a tree one will fall out??

--Marclar

Shari
03-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Not really. Sylvan slaves are 'in' right now. Head out to the woods and putter around a bit, one will turn up, I'm sure. >>

Hah, says the human slave. I want a Gnome slave. Or, a half-gnome, half halfling slave. Or lucos's whistle. Either way.

Yeah, cause you already got two sylvan ones already, right?

Gigantuous
03-26-2007, 04:40 AM
Slaves are boring.

It's all about the hunt.

Fallen
03-26-2007, 09:23 AM
You're thinking small scale, Gagantuous. Why do you think I want the dwarfed gnomish halfling?

Edited to add: How the hell is it all about the hunt at level 72? Newb

Feyshive
03-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Check thesaurus.com as usual for ideas. Something to hold vials - so protective, yet classy. Capsule? That could get interesting.. it's better than tube.. Cylinder is another word not oft' used to describe what it is..

Jolena
03-26-2007, 01:35 PM

The best humor is the kind that includes yourself within it. :wink: Besides, the human isn't a slave. Though..it comes close! I do have a slave in Plat, however, and she's a lot of fun to play.

Fallen
03-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh I know. I figured you had tough enough skin to take a shot or two. Lord knows I receive my fair share.

Any word on Marclar's progress with his container?

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm still looking for good noun for it. It's made out of leather so I'm sorta limited to satchel/case/whatever huh? I like reliquary but I don't think it quite matches.

And stop hoggin all the cute sylvan slaves!

--Marclar

Fallen
03-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Heh. You pious religious types can't have slaves. Might distract you from your life of servitude.

Tolwynn
03-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Heh, I think a lot of that would depend on who you were serving, at that.

Fallen
03-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Ivasians dont count ... Infact, they never do.

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Following the Goddess of Darkness, Domination, and Tyranny. Isn't owning a cute slave a perk of that? Now really...

Anyone got any ideas for a noun? heh (can I buy a vowel?)

--Marclar

Fallen
03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Following the Goddess of Darkness, Domination, and Tyranny. Isn't owning a cute slave a perk of that? Now really.. >>

Nope. It is a perk of Eorgina to own you.

Tote might work, how about receptical?

Fallen
03-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Thinking about it, perhaps you are too wrapped up in the noun. You should instead examine the look of the item. What materials it is made out of? How is it worn, specifically on your character. What state would it be in? How is it compartmentalized, if at all? Perhaps working on the idea from this end would help to better illuminate what item would best fit the look you are going for in your design.

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Tote sounds like a man purse. Any comments and I'll implode you...somehow ::chuckles::

--Marclar

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Thinking about it, perhaps you are too wrapped up in the noun. You should instead examine the look of the item. What materials it is made out of? How is it worn, specifically on your character. What state would it be in? How is it compartmentalized, if at all? Perhaps working on the idea from this end would help to better illuminate what item would best fit the look you are going for in your design.

I've got that pretty much squared away except for some lil details. It'll be made out of cordovan leather, is belt worn (was hoping for shoulder, but alas...) and has a firestone of some sort on the lock. I've imagined it having all sorts of lil pockets and sleeves on the inside to hold our vials, ink, and whatnot.

--Marclar

TheEschaton
03-26-2007, 04:35 PM
an alchemy kit of sorts?

Fallen
03-26-2007, 04:56 PM
How about a belt satchel? A multi-fold belt satchel. Something with multiple overlapping flaps of leather all covering different compartments/pockets.

Jolena
03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm a fan of 'kit' or 'case' for males, myself. Though, if you are concerned about the material being leather and how it might fit into the noun of the container, you could always consider having a metal container that is covered in a material for a more elegant appeal.

DarknessWithin
03-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm a fan of 'kit' or 'case' for males, myself. Though, if you are concerned about the material being leather and how it might fit into the noun of the container, you could always consider having a metal container that is covered in a material for a more elegant appeal.

How would you phrase that though so it doesn't just seem like a box wrapped in cordovan leather? I was thinking of it being a leather satchel/case/carryall since it'd be easier to describe.

On a side note, would a flask be appropriate to carry around absinthe in? It doesn't scream "lush" does it? heh. Carrying around a goblet/cup/chalice never quite made any sense to me. It'd spill all over your nice cordovan stuff!

--Marclar

Fallen
03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Folio-
b : a case or folder for loose papers

a rich cordovan/folded leather/ folio

Jolena
03-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Folio would be nice, though I always seem to look at folio as a book or folder rather than a container that would hold vials and inks.

How would you phrase that though so it doesn't just seem like a box wrapped in cordovan leather? I was thinking of it being a leather satchel/case/carryall since it'd be easier to describe.

I would just have the base as a cordovan leather (noun) and have a show put on it to describe the metal interior with the leather affixed to the exterior for appearances. Plus, seems to me that metal would be easier to clean spills from if the inks or vials break or spill somehow so the interior of metal makes sense to me.

Edited to add in an example (roughly) of what I mean -

A cordovan leather alchemy kit: Richly-hued (color) cordovan leather provides an elegant exterior for the alchemy kit, which is formed from meticulously crafted (metal). Small, individual compartments are constructed within to hold a multitude of inks, vials, and various other alchemy ingredients, while a lining of cotton padding cushions the bottom of the kit for the safe-keeping of the items. Small hinges of (metal) are affixed to the top of the case, allowing it snap closed and fasten with the (type of clasp/gem/symbol whatever) adorning the front. Two leather loops extend from the back to allow the case to be attached to the belt of the wearer.

(You'd have to check for character limits {512} on this as I hadn't, but you get the general idea I'm going with)

On a side note, would a flask be appropriate to carry around absinthe in? It doesn't scream "lush" does it? heh. Carrying around a goblet/cup/chalice never quite made any sense to me. It'd spill all over your nice cordovan stuff!

All I'll say is my girl carries a wine skin with her and she's by no means a lush. I honestly think a flask is entirely appropriate for carrying absinthe and no it doesn't scream 'lush'. However, you *could* have a case made that holds your absinthe and a glass if your character is more sophisticated. I know a very sophisticated male who carries a bottle of his own vintage wine and a glass with him in a case. It really just depends on how you present it and what the materials are that the case/flask/skin, is made of I think.

Fallen
03-27-2007, 09:14 PM
I would consider anyone who carried around a case especially made to safely harbor his own extremely potent liquor everywhere he went more than a bit eccentric.

DarknessWithin
03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Folio-
b : a case or folder for loose papers

a rich cordovan/folded leather/ folio

A folio is more like for a book though isn't it? Although I do like the sound of a rich cordovan folded leather folio. Hmm..

--Marclar

Edit: Ack...you two posted before I realized it...heh

Artha
03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
As an aside, you wouldn't want to drink absinthe out of a flask, though carrying it around isn't bad.

If you don't pour it over water and sugar it doesn't taste very good :\

DarknessWithin
03-28-2007, 12:08 AM
As an aside, you wouldn't want to drink absinthe out of a flask, though carrying it around isn't bad.

Really now? Good to know!

Edit: I've heard that wyrmwood can be pretty nasty tasting.

I'm tossing around ideas on the leather covered case but I dunno, something about it feels odd. I'll try posting my idea for it in a bit.

--Marclar

Fallen
03-28-2007, 12:14 AM
leather crafted case.

Ignot
03-28-2007, 01:57 AM
A leather moon purse.

DarknessWithin
03-28-2007, 03:01 AM
Yes...and I'll just hire a gnomish slave named Err.

What about Carryall? A firestone-set ashen cordovan carryall

--Marclar

The Ponzzz
03-28-2007, 05:20 AM
How about kit?

Drew
03-28-2007, 06:06 AM

How would you know young man? It's illegal to drink absinthe in America, especially under the age of 21.

The Ponzzz
03-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Everyone should try it once. I know I did, and I did not like it or the buzz it gave me.

Artha
03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
It's illegal to drink absinthe in America

It's illegal to buy and sell, but if you can get it from overseas you can drink as much as you want :D

edit: With sugar and water it looks really cool and tastes like licorice. 3 of 4 stars.

Ignot
03-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Licorice is a weird word. Is that how you spell it?

Elvenlady
03-29-2007, 02:23 AM
That's the name of my pet rabbit actually and spell it Liquorice, but that might just be a Brit quirk.

Gnomad
04-02-2007, 11:10 PM
you obviously need a utility belt

Artha
04-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Licorice is a weird word. Is that how you spell it?
Yep.