PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Hearing Loss.

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Well I guess I'm just awesomely lucky but I just experienced this. And it blows donkey vagina Tijuana style.

I had just sat down in front of the discovery channel for a daily viewing when minutes later BAM. It was like my right ear just "rebooted".. completely turned off and followed by very loud ringing that shortly subsided. It resulted in instant and extreme vertigo as if I just got off the Zipper x10 at the carnival. Vomiting immediately followed.

I'll estimate my hearing is only about 30% of what it was before. It's still very disorienting.. it's like having a pillow my right ear. After reading up on the subject I've decided to wait until tomorrow before going to the doctor.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this? Advice? etc. I mean it looks like it could be 50 things that cause it. However this link really matched exactly what had happened to me.

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/hearing/shl.htm

ThatDamnTep
03-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Actually, I had something very similar happen to me a few years ago. I was just sitting around and then heard a loud ringing in my right ear for about three minutes, then nothing for about six hours. The Docs never could figure out exactly went wrong, but I ended up with severe hearing loss on my right side. My only real option now is to wear a hearing aid. Talk to your doctor and see what they say. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

Tep

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Damn man that sucks. Thank you for your good wishes.

Skeeter
03-25-2007, 05:11 PM
on the bright side you might qualify for a handicapped parking sticker now Sean

Miss X
03-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I had that last year Sean, it was a really bad ear infection. Returned to normal in a few days and some anti-biotics. Definitely go to the doc though. :)

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 05:24 PM
on the bright side you might qualify for a handicapped parking sticker now Sean

I've already got a stolen one.

Skeeter
03-25-2007, 05:25 PM
I like to park in hadicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces.

Danical
03-25-2007, 05:58 PM
My dad experienced similar symptoms. Had a tumor, got it removed, lost all hearing in that ear and 50% of his balance.

He gets by just fine though.

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
IT'S NOT A TUMOOOOORRRRRR

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/Japgross/TUMOR.jpg

Well ffs I hope not.

Rathain
03-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Hope you have decent health insurance. My friend's dad went in for diagnosis, and walked out with a sizeable bill and diagnosed, unchecked tinnitus from poor vascular health. They gave him some meds, changed his diet, walked/super light jogging and was fine from there on. Hope you have similar luck.

Ignot
03-25-2007, 08:17 PM
While it is true that you can't get pregnant from cumming in someone's ear, let us not forget what other problems it can cause.

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Hope you have decent health insurance. My friend's dad went in for diagnosis, and walked out with a sizeable bill and diagnosed, unchecked tinnitus from poor vascular health. They gave him some meds, changed his diet, walked/super light jogging and was fine from there on. Hope you have similar luck.

ZERO health insurance. Which hasn't been a problem really since I don't pay my hospital bills now raning near 100k.

Ignot
03-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Doesnt go on your credit score!

AestheticDeath
03-25-2007, 08:53 PM
.. how do you get away with no paying hospital bills?

Does it really not go on your credit score?

Or are you both joking?

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 08:55 PM
<---not joking.

Jolena
03-25-2007, 09:04 PM
It does affect your credit score. I still have a 26 dollar bill from five years ago on my credit report. :( I really should pay that shit, huh.

TheEschaton
03-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I have an $826 bill for some lab work I have to fucking pay off somehow.. my Peace Corps insurance wouldn't fucking pay it, bastards!

-TheE-

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh the shit is still on my credit report and I'm sure it fucks with the "score" but the last two major purchases I made they didn't use it for consideration.

I also had disputed them all prior. The first 50,000 was from my almost 3 weeks in ICU thanks to meningitis and there was an insurance <ass fucking>.

Ignot
03-25-2007, 09:23 PM
and 7 years later...BOOM, its like it never happened.

Sean of the Thread
03-25-2007, 09:31 PM
and 7 years later...BOOM, its like it never happened.

Actually for some reason when I just ran my report recently I noticed that a BUNCH of them got "renewed" or some bullshit. What should have been expiring in 2007-9 has been bumped to 2013-15.

I'm not sure how the fuck they managed that but I gotta look into it.

Stanley Burrell
03-25-2007, 11:19 PM
You gawn dun make yoself crazy with all dem definitions.

Then you'll need psychotherapy for severe hypochondria in addition to tumor removal surgery.

And the sickle cell. And myxomatosis.

And it's either from your membrane whatsit or genetic.

I guess what I mean to say is that if you have the New York philharmonic cochlear implant, it still won't make you seem old as long as ParkBandit is alive. Good luck, skipper.

StrayRogue
03-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Wax.

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
I like to park in hadicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces.

I like watching people make "oh !@#$" faces as I turn their car into campus police for parking in handicapped spaces. I turned in a guy and his nice shiny new H2 for parking in one. Back off our parking spaces biatches! ::snicker::

On a serious note, Hope everything turns out ok Sean

--Marclar

Daniel
03-26-2007, 05:43 AM
WOW YOU'RE SO COOL (Snitch).

Tei
03-26-2007, 07:31 AM
I also had disputed them all prior. The first 50,000 was from my almost 3 weeks in ICU thanks to meningitis and there was an insurance <ass fucking>.

Wow... that is INSANE... I'm so glad ours is free.

Gan
03-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Actually for some reason when I just ran my report recently I noticed that a BUNCH of them got "renewed" or some bullshit. What should have been expiring in 2007-9 has been bumped to 2013-15.

I'm not sure how the fuck they managed that but I gotta look into it.

Every time a debt is sold off to a new creditor they will renew it. So the 7 year rule wont apply unless they officially write it off. If it can be established that you own enough collateral to liquidate than they can go after a judgement to force you to pay, which opens up another bigger can of worms.

I would suggest you start some dialogue with whomever owns the debt and see about making arrangements to settle (pennies to the dollar). That is if you ever plan on making a mortgage purchase. Otherwise, let it ride until they come after you in court.

Car dealers only use 1 of the 3 major credit agencies and are all too willing to overlook any historical debt issues in order to make the sale. Not to mention the most important factor for them is your ability to make the payments (income to debt ratio), not credit history. If anything it will mean a few points hit in interest rate depending on who the lender is. Car salesman always say "there's a seat made for every butt, all you have to do is get the two to meet".

Additionally a lot of hospitals have a program where they can write off a large percentage of somene's bill if its argued/proven that the patient is indigent. I know that all the major facilities have this here in Houston (Methodist, Memorial Hermann, St. Lukes, Texas Childrens, etc) and its utilized more often than realized.

CrystalTears
03-26-2007, 08:16 AM
This could probably explain why creditors that I had basically written off over 7 years ago have started to hound me for payback ever since we got the house. It's really fucking annoying.

AestheticDeath
03-26-2007, 08:26 AM
I can't believe so many people don't pay their bills...

Gan
03-26-2007, 08:30 AM
I have an $826 bill for some lab work I have to fucking pay off somehow.. my Peace Corps insurance wouldn't fucking pay it, bastards!

-TheE-

Surely someone with your financial resources doesnt have trouble taking responsibility for your own debts...

TheEschaton
03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
No, no problems, but being the son of an immigrant, I get cheesed when my insurance doesn't cover something it should have.

I'm not cheap, I just want what I pay for. ;)

-TheE-

Skeeter
03-26-2007, 10:38 AM
insurance is the biggest scam in the world. you pay for coverage and their only concern is to try and not pay off your claims.

Gan
03-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Its only a scam if you dont pay attention or crazy enough to have blind faith in 100% coverage.

Insurance is a risk business, much like gambling. You are paying for odds that you will need it for health/sickness. They are betting the odds that you will not need it as much, so the premiums you pay will offset what you need in claims. Thats why the premiums are so sensitive to factors such as single/married, smoking, age, dependants, etc.

The most profitable thing in the world is getting premiums from single young males. The worst thing is older females, with regards to frequency of medical attention as a whole.

Miss X
03-26-2007, 11:59 AM
You pay for lab work? Wow... I get my friends to run blood work on me randomly just to check I'm okay, I can't imagine having to pay for it!

DeV
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
You pay for lab work? Wow... I get my friends to run blood work on me randomly just to check I'm okay, I can't imagine having to pay for it!
That's how I am about prescription drugs ever since my girlfriend started working in a doctor's office. No question's asked doctor notes for work, any and every prescription drug imaginable since the drug reps bring new ones just about every day.

Ever wonder what some of your insurance premium money is spent on... just ask one of the reps in your doctors office who cater's their lunch every single day.

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 12:31 PM
WOW YOU'RE SO COOL (Snitch).

It's called I'm tired of lazy (90% of the time fat) people parking in the only spots people like I can park in. If you rather have my lift land on your hood, fine...

As for the insurance thing, it does blow. My mom has had some nasty acid reflux thing for over 5 years now and instead of sending her to someone who can solve the problem, our insurance rather send her to someone they don't have to pay as much. Asshats..

Any word from Sean? He ok?

--Marclar

Sean of the Thread
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
My hearing is better today somewhat I think. Vertigo was kicking all morning still but is better now. Since there was some progress I'm waiting to hit up the doc.

CrystalTears
03-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Feel better! Vertigo sensations and hearing loss is frightening. Take care of you please.

Artha
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
insurance is the biggest scam in the world.
Next to college textbooks.

No question's asked doctor notes for work, any and every prescription drug imaginable since the drug reps bring new ones just about every day.
Wow, you could make a lot of money on the hustle.

StrayRogue
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Wax. Buildup.

Skeeter
03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
heart attack

Sean of the Thread
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
LOL no wax build up.

Textbooks being the largest scam ever is spot on.

DarknessWithin
03-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Bubonic Plauge? Hey...that shyt is out there man...

Seriously though, glad to hear you're doing better man. And yeah, textbooks = biggest scam. Charge me $120 yet only buy it back for $40...pfft..

--Marclar

TheEschaton
03-26-2007, 02:33 PM
You're lucky you got $40 back. I'd buy the paperbacks for Western Lit classes, like $12 apiece but you need to buy like 15 for the semester....then they give you 50 cents back on each book. I was like, "Hi, I'll keep these classics of Western literature as opposed to putting eight bucks in my pocket."

-TheE-

Gan
03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Half Priced Bookstores is always a good source for used books. Just make sure you hit one thats not near the college so you'll have a better chance at price or selling it at all. ;)

Skeeter
03-26-2007, 04:16 PM
you can get good deals from amazon too

Artha
03-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I just figured today that I'd sell back a semester and a half's worth of text books. About $600 in textbooks netted me 3 old editions that are apparently worthless and $28 in my pocket.

Gan
03-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I just figured today that I'd sell back a semester and a half's worth of text books. About $600 in textbooks netted me 3 old editions that are apparently worthless and $28 in my pocket.

No kiss?

Rathain
03-27-2007, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Artha;567452]I just figured today that I'd sell back a semester and a half's worth of text books. About $600 in textbooks netted me 3 old editions that are apparently worthless and $28 in my pocket.[/QUOTE

I saved money by buying some books for cheap. Haven't sold any books back, just wasn't worth it. . Not sure what school/program you are attending. But if your institution does not print a revised edition of the text with professor's name and school name into the cover, you're have better luck searching the ISBN @ the bookstore, and looking at half.com (or even amazon) for a discount. Saved me quite a bit of money on book for my humanities classes.

Ignot
03-28-2007, 01:43 AM
I checked alot of my textbooks out at the library. You just gotta be fast.