PDA

View Full Version : Is it a concern or gem? Stupid name of the moment...

AnticorRifling
05-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Saw another name that probably took all of 2 seconds to think up...

You see Arcannis.
He appears to be a Vaalor Elf.

He's not anus he's Arc Anus....

Just another rat fodder scripter I saw yesterday....

Anyone else have any recent additions to the stupid name of the moment catagory? Post them as you see them because they are good for a chuckle.

Taernath
05-19-2003, 11:18 PM
I see that one as more of an 'arcane' knock-off. Pretty good name IMO.

There's someone named 'Awesome' running around Icemule. :D

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 01:57 AM
Plissken.

:shudders:

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 08:35 AM
Kimosabe. Only really dumb one for the morning.

Askip
05-20-2003, 08:37 AM
Ejakulator lasted all of 10 seconds before he was wrestled to the ground.

:D

Scott
05-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Shlong..... I had to report 3 times to explain the Khaladon why it shouldn't be allowed..... He said "There is nothing wrong with the name Shlong." He can be slow sometimes.....

Revalos
05-20-2003, 02:16 PM
I still have a problem with the ****sums. I mean, they got rid of all the Jujus in a gigantic hoopla, but all the 'sums can stick around?

Heck, weren't they all controlled by the same guy sometimes? I remember locating them once in Solhaven and saw about six of them together.

Taernath
05-20-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't know about the juju's, but the 'sums are played by several different players. It's possible that a couple of them only have one player, but for the most part they're seperate.

Tendarian
05-21-2003, 12:35 PM
I actually like the sums if you ask them to leave you alone in a whisper they will. They are just trying to have fun,on the other hand Tendarian hates their guts and would love nothing more than to whipe them off Icemules streets. Im not that great of a role player but i truly think they seperate their stupidity to their characters.

Warriorbird
05-21-2003, 02:08 PM
They just hang out together upon occassion. I'm friends with a few of em, and can fairly safely say that yes, they're different people.

AnticorRifling
05-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Saw Xibit a few hours ago. Didn't know we had rappers in the landing...

Anticor throws his crossed arms up and shouts "X"

Revalos
05-26-2003, 06:29 PM
About the 'sums. I don't mind their charcters, they're fine. I actually have interacted with a few of them and not had any problems.

But as the topic says, their names are stupid. They could be great RPers, but with names like that, I just ignore them mostly.

There are some hugely bad last names out there of really famous RPers (BornODepression comes to mind) but you don't have to see them if you don't look at them. But with dumb first names, it just gets on my nerves.

Ilvane
05-27-2003, 12:12 AM
Yeah, when the election had been going on and someone came in as Dubya, and he was allowed to stay..I was a little peeved. The guy said the name wasn't that--but something else, and everyone had been talking about "Dubya Bush". Granted his last name in the game wasn't Bush, but it was distracting enough.

I got another one of the.."It really isn't out of genre because I've never heard of it."

--A

HappyGuyJr
05-27-2003, 06:00 AM
I saw one around for a while that seems to have finally disapeared, thank god.

Graphenburg

When I reported him several times I was replied back "I doubt very many people know about that." from Khaladon. I replied back "I DO, I DO!!"

I spent the next hour giggling uncontrolably at the thought of someone admiting most folks dont know about the 'G' spot.

Edaarin
05-28-2003, 12:58 PM
best (worst?) name ever:

Tupakshakurr Deadmanwalking

Red Devil
05-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Plissken.

:shudders:

Liutenant J. G. Plissken

[Edited on 5-29-2003 by Red Devil]

AnticorRifling
06-01-2003, 11:25 AM
You see Fatedespencer SoulTakeA.

Right........

Ilvane
06-01-2003, 10:20 PM
I think they have given up on policing names in GS. I see so many bad names that I can't even count them. A couple of years ago, they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.

--A

Ben
06-03-2003, 05:51 AM
theres someone who hangs out at the well named Iahm Gahd or something long those lines, also anyone with a NUMBER in their name should be allowed any OTHER name than that that isnt currently in use. Waldo2 is a great guy from what I hear, but his name should just not be allowed.

06-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Stonesour! That's Slipknot's lead singer's alternate band! But, it's not stupid, I like it.

Taernath
06-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Predezorg.

I guess all the Pokemon names were taken.

AnticorRifling
06-08-2003, 12:09 AM
You see Spinerypper.
He appears to be a Half-Elf Pariah from Ta'Faendryl.
He appears to be very young and taller than average. He has almond-shaped amber eyes and tanned skin. He has shoulder length, straight jet black hair worn in a ponytail. He has a clean-shaven face, a straight nose and high cheekbones.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a gold ring, a bone-inlaid ora neckchain, some silver buttoned black trousers, a deathstone studded pewter flask, some leather boots, a supple black leather backpack, a voluminous black stalking cloak, a silver-bound pale green jade anklet, a dark leather locksmith's toolkit, a finely woven braided belt, some brigandine armor, a leather sheath, and a black vultite shield.

Right......

Ilvane
06-15-2003, 07:04 AM
Some of the Sums are okay, but the two that bug me the most that I have seen are Buxsum and Lixsum.

I mean come on..:grin:

-A

Weedmage Princess
06-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Let's see who's online right now:

Deathrezzer, Bloodtoad, Soulsaver, Deathlore (when traplore goes bad), Snowbunny, Silvercreek, and our all time favorite...

...................Warclaidhm..................... ...

Black Jesus
06-15-2003, 11:08 PM
bad names have plagued gs for a long time and simu obviously doesn't care too much about them. there was a halfling empath named "Tinygen Maxshrinkage" that i reported like 100 times and they never did anything about it.

Edaarin
06-16-2003, 02:44 AM
was never a big fan of Warmcuddle either

Gokkem
06-16-2003, 06:06 PM
LOL at least the names are better than DAoC (non rp servers). Just to name a few (I should write them down; I see so many funky ones I just lose track)

MickeyMouse
George Jefferson
IwillOwnU
IwillOwnUtoo (bot for Iwillownu)
Razzberrie LostherCherry
Deathhh
Notagirlyname

Wish I could remember more. I'll start writing them down so we can all get a good laugh out of it. At least simu has some name rules...DAoC has none unless you are on a rp server.

Skaster
06-16-2003, 06:21 PM
Atleast DAOC HAS a roleplay server.. or wait, one that doesn't cost 20 bucks a month extra :)

Shadow001
06-16-2003, 07:35 PM
My character's name was awful...Shadowpuck Silentknife.

He was created in August of '95 (when GS3 was still fun) and was still around until recently.

I never got harassed about the name once, even though I probably should have been :lol:

Sumone
06-17-2003, 01:57 PM
In regards to the ****sum names, there was a logical reason for using them. We wanted to create an RP group of low lives that would be easily identifiable. A naming scheme seemed the best way. The names are not meant to be true names. They are aliases just like many outlaws have.

The names, generally, loosely reflect the character. Irksum is, on occasion, annoying. Narcissisum has an ego problem. Names like Stupidsum, and Buxsum are not members of the group. Our website (http://www20.brinkster.com/gsdumplings/index.asp) has a roster of who is in the group along with a few other features for those interested.

It's a shame some people would avoid RPing with us based on a naming scheme. I personally have had fun RPing with a number of them using different characters. The group is meant to be fun for members and outsiders; humor can be a form of entertainment. It is possible to take RPing too seriously.

HappyGuyJr
06-17-2003, 02:10 PM
I remember a few years back.. (before the grinder turned to crap) I rolled up a pure brawling Giantman Warrior who could cast well too. 4th day alive someone whispers to me

"You need to go back into the grinder while your young and re-roll. Your name is going to get you banned!"

I was a bit shocked.. was wondering if I had somehow picked a name that was originally that of some person locked out for life or some such.. So I assited about it.
GM Brauden answered, and told me there was absolutly nothing wrong with the name 'Arsheron'.

2 days later someone points me to a new game called 'Arsherons Call'.. and all I could think was

"Wellllll GOOOOOOOD Damn" :rolleyes:

CrystalTears
06-17-2003, 02:48 PM
Duracell YourEnduranceBattery

That has been probably the funniest name I've seen in DAOC. I know, I know, this is about Gemstone stupid names, but I wanted to go along with Gokkem on the train of thought that the ones you see really aren't that bad. ;)

Edaarin
06-17-2003, 10:42 PM
>l dam
You see Damzal N'Distress.
She appears to be a Giantman.

Xcalibur
06-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Dynastywarrior

Orcthrasher

Wealth

Bougelepiege (move the trap)

beauxyeux (pretty eyes)

Massmune

Boomsplat

and all those french|spanish|japaness names

Taernath
06-24-2003, 02:01 AM
I was playing BG2 and was reminded of this thread.

click for screenshot (http://www.boomspeed.com/necrotaur/badname.jpg)

Ilvane
06-24-2003, 06:10 AM
I had a lot of fun with the Sums cornering me one day in Solhaven..

I laughed my butt off.:grin:

-A

Soulpieced
06-26-2003, 09:51 PM
[Town Square Central]
This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the Gildor disk, some acantha leaf, a horned frog that is sitting, some manna bread, some haphip root, some woth flower, some haphip root, some haphip root, some haphip root, a plainly wrapped package, some haphip root, some torban leaf, some haphip root, a plainly wrapped package, some haphip root, some wolifrew lichen, a large acorn, a large acorn, a large acorn and some stone benches with some stuff on it.
Also here: Hell,

Makkah
06-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Lamest name I ever saw was some bard named "Soulpieced". The hell does THAT mean?

rht

Caels
06-27-2003, 06:45 AM
I can think of a few names much worse than Soulpieced.

Anyhow, how much is DAoC per month?

Ilvane
06-27-2003, 06:58 AM
12.95 a month.

I just started playing there a month or so ago, myself.

And yeah, they have some bad names too..heh.

-A

Morstanya
06-27-2003, 02:20 PM
I agree Sumone. I can't think of a single reason why someone would avoid the chance to rp with you rascals just becaues of your names. I personally get a good laugh everytime a person decides to 'take on' the gang.

On names, for years I've noted bad names. Here are a few:

Disrupture Dispeller
Satin Obsequious
Warmcuddle Gentlebreeze
Little Biggans
Goldylocks Bearbane
Snugglemuffins
Scorchingheart BooBoo'luvlight
Wintersin Summerslave

Below are some names I came up with for people that want a stupid name but have trouble coming up with a good one on their own:

Adverbial Adjectivocator
Huggymuffins Bunnytail
Grammarman Spellcheck
Crash Bangboom
Imma Evildoer
Getsome Nookie
Revelc Osmi (read backwards)
Frito Pieinthesky
Tom Dickanharry
321 Blastoff

I think the single worst name I saw in person was one christmas when an old friend decided to play a joke on me. He came in naked, and did a little dance before the giantmen drug him off screaming...

Yourchristmaspresent

If you want to read the articles I wrote about names I have a site I started and will get back to this summer again. Seems instead of being monthly, it's going to end up being 3 months a year, summer only...

http://www.geocities.com/IcemuleNuggets/index.html

Taernath
07-01-2003, 08:30 PM
* Madkilla just bit the dust!

Savanae
07-01-2003, 08:42 PM
Call me crazy but I love to sit back and watch Boomsplat, Unkk, and Ooeytoey(sp?) The names might be silly but the way they are played is just fun to watch.

Savanae

StrayRogue
07-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Heh, thought I'd post before someone else did hassling the old John Hancock:

Names are getting worse around here, definately, but there are some truley terrible ones out there allready, hence indicating the GMs do not care beyond the slanderous ones. The fact Hogwart is still around, or Drizzsdt proves my point.

Names ripped off from books and films are terrible. Other names I can usually tolerate, it depends how the character roleplays. Boomsplat is an excellent example. So is Lady Pain, Blades, Starsnuffer, etc.

Others are just crap:
Icccedragon
Cthulu
Mankindd
Burnt
Stelth

Etc, but some of the "word" names can be acceptable.

Having the name Stay, for example has gotten me into some trouble on occasion. Some people hate the name. Some think I should reroll. Well, ironically, I've been around for a long time. Only recently have I gotten enough time to play at the frequency to become noticed or known. I do not have a crappy last name like Myass Isfat or whatever. I chose the name because I sounded the whole thing sounded cool, and it was different. It could also be said its elven for something.

From an IC perspective, it is an assumed name.

Some are terrible. Some are worse. But get used to them. Maintaining role play integrity in GS is one lowest priorities of the GMs.

Trinitis
07-06-2003, 03:42 PM
[Horned Owl Table]
Madmartigan

Ugh..

-Adredrin, retire Sorcerer of Icemule. Town Grump.

Edaarin
07-16-2003, 01:43 AM
You see Pointy Object.
He appears to be a Human.
He appears to be very young and taller than average. He has bright sea green eyes and fair skin. He has shoulder length, curly dark blonde hair. He has a clean-shaven face, a pointed nose and a cleft chin.
He is in good shape.

You see Lord Warclaidhm Powerswing.
He appears to be a moron.

'nough said. The first one was real.

draconis nematoda
07-16-2003, 02:04 AM
I think it's fun to come up with play on word names. Two characters I really had fun with were my halfling rogue named Dhuncan Hines, and my dwarven cleric, Abbra Cadaver.

I almost got Dhuncan to 10 before he got yanked to the lounge by Brauden a few months back. He was very nice when he asked me to change the name, and I didn't mind doing it.

07-16-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Let's see who's online right now:

Deathrezzer, Bloodtoad, Soulsaver, Deathlore (when traplore goes bad), Snowbunny, Silvercreek, and our all time favorite...

...................Warclaidhm..................... ...

My first character was Snowbunny! They purged it? Grrrrrrr.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Parkbandit
07-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin

Classic.

HappyGuyJr
07-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Pierin rubs Whiskeysip tenderly

[reaches for his club to beat someone sensless]

I'll be right back folks... 'scuse me a second won't you?

HappyGuyJr just stood up
HappyGuyJr just went south

{A few moments later you hear the squeal of someone in extreme pain, and the shrieked begging of that person for mercy. The voice seems to be promising to never do SOMETHING ever again, though you can't be sure just WHAT that something might be}

HappyGuyJr just entered the room
HappyGuyJr just sat down
HappyGuyJr just muttered something about "noobs"

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-16-2003, 09:43 AM
How about Darckwizard?

He warned me because I was saying maybe Lightgreyicleric and Darckksorcerer could come to my table and spell me up.

And he's freaking over 100! I'd be ashamed and killmyself.

Praefection
07-19-2003, 06:29 AM

That reminds me of something. I logged in early one morning and was in Wayside... saw a Loveclaidhm and Peaceclaidhm. One of the funner things I've seen.

Sweets
07-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Uknown just went north.

Name....Unknown.

I fought with myself in reporting this one. I can take the fuzzy warm girlynames, Rainbowdawn, and the manly Swordborn..*gag* but that...I have limits.

Taernath
07-21-2003, 05:36 PM
[Crumbly Tart Table]
Faulmooth, Bloodrayne and Bloodbucket

Scott
07-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Taernath
[Crumbly Tart Table]
Faulmooth, Bloodrayne and Bloodbucket

Now that's a table....

Meos
07-21-2003, 08:07 PM
how about Waldo2, I see him die every once in a while, how did he pull that one off?

StrayRogue
07-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Waldo2 (and FXG) are too VERY OLD players. Waldo2 runs or ran Phoenix. They created those names before the restrictions were too strict. Back then, capitals were not automatic (hence why some names are like Ciston bear, and not Ciston Bear, as they would be today).