PDA

View Full Version : 9x incredible crit brig with 5 points extra padding

bubbauno
03-15-2007, 02:06 PM
some ancient elven battle armor - Superior craftsmanship and diligent care is apparent upon inspection, as despite it's age the battle armor is in pristine condition and has been meticulously polished to a flawless, dark sheen. Gleaming myklian scales have been expertly positioned in a complex interlocking pattern, meant to provide the wearer with superb protection. Many layers of spidersilk can be seen lining the inside of the armor, providing extra protection from any blows that may find their mark. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

9x incredible crit padded brig
5 points over base incredible. 30 points padding
Lightened to 17 lbs.
Standard forging.

The merchant's last response was: The base cost is 11000 points, plus 4000 from SGM request, Note: In all cases, the Mechanics and/or the Upsells SGMs have the right to decline any item for any reason and/or increase the Points assessed at their sole discretion for a total of 15000 points. ~ Sadie
You can READ your scroll for more details. Please WRITE REPLY to respond, or WRITE NEW to start again.

Anyone interested can contact me at bubbauno@aol.com or at bubbauno on AIM.

Thanks,
Tsin

bubbauno
03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
The 11k base cost confirms the extra padding, but i'm still waiting to hear back from Khal as to the reason for the extra 4k.. Obviously it's not going to be enchanted but I still want to know why he wanted to charge so much extra.

StrayRogue
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Shame it's brig.

Tolwynn
03-15-2007, 02:14 PM
It's at their discretion for any unusual item they wish. I got socked with an extra point charge for getting my padded self-mana Heal II armor enchanted too.

bubbauno
03-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Right but this doesn't have scripts or a glyph anymore or anything special besides the padding. I've enchanted 100k worth of stuff with premie points including claid weighted and incredible crit padded stuff before, never seen an extra charge like this.

StrayRogue
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
So? It's completely up to them what charge they want to add to an item.

AestheticDeath
03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Of course its up to them. That doesn't mean he won't want an explanation for why.

He isn't trying to argue or change their minds, at least not yet. Just wants to know WHY.

bubbauno
03-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah it's not going to be enchanted just curious.

LeftOverForGood
03-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Maybe they tacked on an 'Owned by Tsin' fee so they aren't hit with complaints of favoritism.

Or maybe the particular person reading your request doesn't like you.

Who can say if the answer they give is the real one?

Fallen
03-16-2007, 12:57 AM
He has a right to ask for an explanation of the price hike. I dont want random sircharges on my shit, or anyone else's shit. I dont care what kind of reputation they have.

LeftOverForGood
03-16-2007, 01:59 AM
And if they say, 'Because we think it should."? What then?

Stunseed
03-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Duh. This is a publicity stunt, didn't you guys forget? Tsin's a GM, he's obviously doing this to ensure everyone believes his word is credible.

bubbauno
03-16-2007, 02:17 AM
I still think it's convenient that premie points can tell the exact padding/weighting of stuff.. I've sold this brig two times in the past and had no clue it had extra padding.. At least that's a good feature about the premie points system even if they rip you off for enchanting.

LeftOverForGood
03-16-2007, 03:20 AM
I wouldn't call PP enchanting a ripoff. It allows a larger group of people the chance to enchant their padded/weighted items without having to wait for a merchant to show up, and hope to make the list.

Of course, I'm sure you would consider it a ripoff since there's no merchant list for you to MA and take up all the spots.

Stealth
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't call it "extra" padding. There is no set rule that says "all incredible items have 25 points of padding/weighting etc..." Each assessment level is a range of numbers, incredible being open-ended. Certain items do have a set level of points...claidhmores for one. Saying you are selling a claidhmore with 5 extra points of weighting would be accurate (if it had the 5 extra points that is). Since there is no set amount of weighting for the armor, I think a more accurate manner of selling it would be to say it has X number of points of padding and your justification for that...premium points in this case.

just my .02 silvers

Stealth

LadyKhit
03-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, not to help out Tsin but an extra 5 points of padding makes a huge difference. I've heard all of the hype about critts being 'random' and the padding effects being 'random' but having tested a set of doubles with 5 'extra' points of padding against brig with 25 points of padding I can definitely say the extra 5 points of padding makes a huge difference. I'd prefer to have my doubles over brig any day.

Daniel
03-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm sure GM Stealth doesn't know what he's talking about.

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Stealth don't argue with Tsin he is a more tenured GM than you ever were.

bubbauno
03-17-2007, 12:20 AM
I agree with Stealth completely.. most people don't know this however and assume that incredible means 25..

AestheticDeath
03-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Incredible starts at 25, this is well known I think. Its just no one expects a normal incred item to be more than that. It is nice to know that some do though, when they otherwise weren't believed to be over it.

LMingrone
03-17-2007, 02:06 AM
The "Tsin is a GM, he SAID IT", Shit's getting old.

crazymage
03-17-2007, 02:24 AM
lol no it isnt

bubbauno
03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Worked out a trade deal for the fog beetle set which is now for sale.. some fog beetle plate armor.. 9x incred crit brig.. 5 lbs.. 99/370 forging

Sean of the Thread
03-17-2007, 05:02 PM
The "Tsin is a GM, he SAID IT", Shit's getting old.

Lol that never gets old.

What a douche.