PDA

View Full Version : The Y I almost killed people

Red Devil
06-23-2003, 04:28 AM
Alright I went on a recent trip. We were supposed to leave the house at about 4 to catch the flight, but something came up and we had to leave at 3:30. This threw a monkeywrench into my plans to workout at 2:30. So at 2:00 i was running around the house trying to finish packing and get something to eat in time to be at the gym early.

I lift at "the Y". I hate it. There's an old man who works at the desk, and we hate each other (past events I won't get into). Anyway he always makes me present my card, and he has to take it, hold it for a few seconds, while glancing back and forth between my face and the card. This always pisses me off, and doesn't make sense cause there's no picture on the card anyway.

As I'm parking, I realize my sister has my car, and I left my membership card in there. Fuck. As I'm rounding the bend all I'm thinking is "Please let someone else be at the desk, please let someone else be at the desk..." Well guess who's at the desk? The old man.

"Ok old man," I said, "I don't have my card, but I come in here every day at the same time and we go through the same routine, just let me slide this time."

Silence. This was the moment he's been waiting for.

"And you know damn well who I am," I added. Still nothing. So help me sweet baby Jesus I am the hardest dude in the world to piss off but i was so close to strangling this motherfucker. Finally a lady standing behind him heard what was going on and said "Its ok, just sign in and remember your card next time."

I muttered "thanks" while still glaring at this old fuck.

What the fuck is this guy's problem? I could only do half my workout but at least what i did was good. oh well.

Parkbandit
06-23-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm just doing my job. You don't have a card, you aren't supposed to get in.

Scott
06-23-2003, 12:09 PM
And I don't think going through the door and saying, "Ok old man" is going to help your efforts.

Makkah
06-23-2003, 02:02 PM
I'm just curious why you even relayed this story to us anyways? Is this the most exciting thing in your life? I'm glad I'm not you...

rht

[Edited on 6-23-2003 by Makkah]

AnticorRifling
06-23-2003, 02:06 PM
So because you had to sign in this caused you to only get half a work out in? Next time just put a big X

My guess is if you approched the situation with a bit more civility you would have no problems. The gym here on base requires a military ID to get in. I've fogotten mine once or twice but all I do is ask nicely to hand key my service number, no prob and I go get my swell on.

Skirmisher
06-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
And I don't think going through the door and saying, "Ok old man" is going to help your efforts.

Well I thought it was obvious.

All the chaos in his personal life as well as his inability to remember to bring the item that he knew he needed every single time he entered the Y was the fault of the old man.

You want someone to take responsibility for their own actions? Come now.

AnticorRifling
06-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

You want someone to take responsibility for their own actions? Come now.

But, but I'm the victim here!

Red Devil
06-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Alright I went on a recent trip. We were supposed to leave the house at about 4 to catch the flight, but something came up and we had to leave at 3:30. This threw a monkeywrench into my plans to workout at 2:30. So at 2:00 i was running around the house trying to finish packing and get something to eat in time to be at the gym early.

IorakeWarhammer
09-09-2010, 12:36 AM
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/rav/167.jpg

Warriorbird
09-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Red Devil/IW cage fight would be tv worth watching.

4a6c1
09-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Psssht. If I wanted to see a girl fight I would masturbate.

Makkah
09-09-2010, 01:09 AM
I used to IM Red Devil all the time for the fuck of it... the shit he would type was awesome. He'd molest Drew in a troll war.

RichardCranium
09-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Psssht. If I wanted to see a girl fight I would masturbate.

see sig

g++
09-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Im pretty sure I won a sealed booster tournament with that card. I am a HUGE fucking nerd.

Warriorbird
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I used to IM Red Devil all the time for the fuck of it... the shit he would type was awesome. He'd molest Drew in a troll war.

Pretty much. He was entertaining.

Ceyrin
09-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Im pretty sure I won a sealed booster tournament with that card. I am a HUGE fucking nerd.

Dredging up a 6/6 (at least by then) with an ability is pretty win in a limited format...

Just sayin'