PDA

View Full Version : Loresong Results

Askip
03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
"You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though when its charge is depleted, it may be refilled. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the tiara is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose."

What does that mean, and where can I find a full list?

:D

Thanks

Kitsun
03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
That means rechargable.

I'm unaware of any comprehensive bard loresong list anywhere.

Beguiler
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Curious happenstance last night, could someone more experienced fill me in.

I was asked about a 'strange' gem. A cat's eye moonstone, I sang to it using 1004, and it came back with the messaging 'you sense that it cannot be purified..'. Tried to loresing to it, and I got absolutely nothing, with any loresong I tried, (and I borrowed some from other bards to try and see if my own songs were perhaps not good enough). I didn't even get a blip.

Any ideas what might be the status of the gem, in this case?

Thanks!

TheEschaton
03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
What do you mean by absolutely nothing? If it said it cannot be purified, it's either an orb, or a mage rechargable. You should be able to loresing it.

-TheE-

Kitsun
03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Could be a gem gone goofy with a clerical blessing.

Beguiler
03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
By nothing, I mean nothing.

I know the response under the 1004 song means orb or mage.. Never found a mage, but lots of orbs. But when I've loresung them, they give me response with things like weight, value, etc. With this gem, I sang the full loresing using keywords, and after each verse I got nothing. Not 'You cannot learn anything further'..nothing.

I'll have to check and see if the owner knows if the gem was used in a bless.

Thanks for the time. Constantly learning/seeing new things!

I need to find an older bard willing to spend a little time and teach me some of the finer points of loresinging, especially in terms of identification of unusual properties in gems/items...

Berylla
03-08-2007, 11:04 AM
I wrote a loresinging guide a few years back. It might help you -

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~laplante/gemstone/bardguide.html

Makkah
03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
What do you mean by absolutely nothing? If it said it cannot be purified, it's either an orb, or a mage rechargable. You should be able to loresing it.

-TheE-

Not necessarily true. You can cap a gem completely without it being an orb.

Amber
03-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, but it should still respond to a loresong saying that it's a gem with a value, weight, etc.

Beguiler
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Berylla,

Thanks! Doesn't answer ALL my questions, but a goodly number of them. Appreciate the link...:thanx: