not really Stoneclaw totem now stuns!
how lame!

wars got da buff

rofl

Tea & Strumpets
03-06-2007, 09:28 AM
shamans got CC finally!
not really Stoneclaw totem now stuns!

What kind of imbecile is going to attack a stoneclaw totem? Probably one of the worst "buffs" implemented into the game to try to silence shaman complaints about their uselessness in BC.

It would be like if they gave your character (whatever class you play) a trap that you can place on the ground. If you can get another character to run up and hit it, there's a 50% chance they'll get a 3 second stun. The question is, where do you find these imbeciles that attack stoneclaw totems?

Anyway, it's the shittiest buff ever, and it's not CC. The only real buff is the clearcasting change, and that's only a buff for elemental shaman.

Skeeter
03-06-2007, 09:55 AM
can't wait to try the warrior buffs out.

Drew2
03-06-2007, 10:20 AM
What kind of imbecile is going to attack a stoneclaw totem? Probably one of the worst "buffs" implemented into the game to try to silence shaman complaints about their uselessness in BC.

It would be like if they gave your character (whatever class you play) a trap that you can place on the ground. If you can get another character to run up and hit it, there's a 50% chance they'll get a 3 second stun. The question is, where do you find these imbeciles that attack stoneclaw totems?

Anyway, it's the shittiest buff ever, and it's not CC. The only real buff is the clearcasting change, and that's only a buff for elemental shaman.

It's for PVE. Stoneclaw makes mobs around it attack it. Now in doing so, they'll get stunned, which will prolong the duration of the totem. Probably not for very much longer, but long enough to be moderate crowd control when soloing.

Tea & Strumpets
03-06-2007, 10:45 AM
It's for PVE. Stoneclaw makes mobs around it attack it. Now in doing so, they'll get stunned, which will prolong the duration of the totem. Probably not for very much longer, but long enough to be moderate crowd control when soloing.

Nope. Stoneclaw can't taunt anything you've built aggro on (2 lightning bolts is too much hate for a stoneclaw to catch up to). Stoneclaw can be used if you accidentally pull a second mob, and want to distract it for 3 seconds (life expectancy of a stoneclaw totem). It's always been a useless totem, and it still is.

They make these kind of changes because they have zero impact on gameplay, but some imbeciles will think they've gotten buffed. It's a win-win.

And again, it's not crowd control.

Drew2
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I only ever used it for my runthefuckaway totem. It's still useful for that!

But like you mentioned, only in circumstances where I accidently pulled another mob or three and had to gtfo.

Sean of the Thread
03-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I only ever used it for my runthefuckaway totem. It's still useful for that!

Exactly. A.K.A. AIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TOTEM.

Drew2
03-06-2007, 10:48 AM
ROFL. Man I swear to god I still crack up everytime I think of that. Like right now.

Your little fuckin female gnome running away from boars or whatever screaming AAIEEEEEEEE!

Daniel
03-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Does anyone else find gnomes kinda freaky looking?

DeV
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I can't remember the last time I used stoneclaw even pre-BC.

Parkbandit
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Yea, me either. I don't even think I have it on my taskbar.

Frost Shock and run usually gets me away. If I have to, NS+Wolf

Some Rogue
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Does anyone else find gnomes kinda freaky looking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y9STJwOsPg

I find them kind of amusing.

Parkbandit
03-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Gnomes have the best death 'scene' in the game as they sometimes flip up and around in mid air when you get a killing blow.

Some Rogue
03-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Gnomes have the best death 'scene' in the game as they sometimes flip up and around in mid air when you get a killing blow.

And they squeak when you crit them.

Sean of the Thread
03-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Lol hell yeah when you get a rogue or druid/kitty pounding on them they sound like a dog toy.

Some Rogue
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
So druids got a threat bonus for mangle. I hope they shut the fuck up now.

Parkbandit
03-07-2007, 09:15 AM
The nerf bat wasn't at all big enough. It's like they used a wiffle ball bat, instead of a big ol' Louisville Slugger.

Sean of the Thread
03-07-2007, 09:19 AM
So druids got a threat bonus for mangle. I hope they shut the fuck up now.

From the Tuesday patch? I must of missed that in the notes?

Bares biggest problem has always been threat (lack of).

If they did add a threat bonus for mangle it's to make up for the damage pwned.

# The multiplier on base weapon damage for "Mangle (Bear)" ability has been changed from 130% to 100%. In addition, the bonus damage has been reduced by the same ratio.
# "Savage Fury" no longer affects "Mangle (Bear)".
# "Savage Fury" no longer applies to "Maul" or "Swipe".
# The critical damage bonus on "Predatory Instincts" reduced from 3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10%.

Some Rogue
03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
From the Tuesday patch? I must of missed that in the notes?

Bares biggest problem has always been threat (lack of).

If they did add a threat bonus for mangle it's to make up for the damage pwned.

# The multiplier on base weapon damage for "Mangle (Bear)" ability has been changed from 130% to 100%. In addition, the bonus damage has been reduced by the same ratio.
# "Savage Fury" no longer affects "Mangle (Bear)".
# "Savage Fury" no longer applies to "Maul" or "Swipe".
# The critical damage bonus on "Predatory Instincts" reduced from 3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10%.

It was a hotfix. Also lacerate will cause minor damage and threat on bleed immune bosses.

And the end to the crying was too much to ask for. Now it's because they can't pvp in bear form.

Parkbandit
03-07-2007, 09:49 AM
"WAAA! I HAVE TO SHIFT TO CAT FORM NOW TO DO 3K BACKSTABS! THAT IS UNFAIR!"

Sean of the Thread
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Lol screw em.

Never gonna hear me cry. SUCK IT UP BITCHES!

Tea & Strumpets
03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
The elemental shaman buff was nice. My crit chance is only around 25% right now, but that means a quarter of my spells are free casts now. I have some longevity in boss fights now, which has never been the case in the past.

*Edited to add one more "Now" so that I have the quadruple.

Some Rogue
03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I've heard that about you...no staying power.

Alfster
03-07-2007, 01:20 PM
And the end to the crying was too much to ask for. Now it's because they can't pvp in bear form.

I stopped reading the officials because of the insane whining, made me embarrassed to be a druid :(

Some Rogue
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I stopped reading the officials because of the insane whining, made me embarrassed to be a druid :(

I think having Anticor as a druid is more embarrassing. :rofl:

Nieninque
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
It was a hotfix. Also lacerate will cause minor damage and threat on bleed immune bosses.

That has nothing to do with the mechanics of being a druid methinx and more to do with the operator.

I have been pvping just fine today..most noticable nerf was to my HP, but then my gear isnt the best so that's fixable.

Drew2
03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Got tier 4 gloves last night.

Winnar is me.

Some Rogue
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, it kinda goes back to the idiots who just want to sit in one form and not use every tool they have.

Sean of the Thread
03-13-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&l=uk&code=6459aad4e8f23b242553aab51a79e48d

SWEEET BABY JESUS I want a cow head to wear around like that.