PDA

View Full Version : Vanguard - Saga of Heroes

Nieninque
03-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Anyone played/ing this?

Silvanostar
03-02-2007, 12:20 PM
its pretty decent. i played vg beta for a while and a little after it went live. had to cut back since i don't have as much free time. its a fun game but unless you have a pretty decent rig, you'll get a lot of lag.

the world is huge and the alternate advancing methods are quite good (even though a bit buggy at times)

Celephais
03-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah I posted a thread about it a bit ago. I don't really play heaftly (been too busy lately) but it's fun, what I have played of it. beautiful with the settings turned way up, but really murders a machine... if I'm doing anything even remotely dangerous I'll turn my settings way down.

Very heavy focus on grouping, advancement while in groups considerably outpaces advancement solo. And the current economy is pretty messed up, merchants don't pay enough for equipment, so the auction house is flooded with stuff, and you can twink yourself pretty easily.

I'm playing a ranger (on woefeather), their archery is pretty sick, reminds me of EQ after PoP came out but before they nerfed archery. (hoping they don't nerf it in VG)

StrayRogue
03-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds like WoW.

Anebriated
03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Great graphics, interesting gameplay, INCREDIBLY taxing on a computer. Even top end rigs will lag out.

The Ponzzz
03-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I got it on this PC, which is 2 GB, Radeon x1950, 4GHz and it's laggy as shit. But so is Oblivion.

Anebriated
03-02-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah also forgot to mention its one of hte largest game files ive seen...

Artha
03-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Sounds like WoW.
I haven't played, but I've heard it compared to WoW with better graphics and lots and lots of grinding.