PDA

View Full Version : Well...I tried

Dighn Darkbeam
11-16-2003, 03:17 PM
I tried my best to hunt in Pinefar. I dealt with the weather, the maneuver attacks, and the usual lack of anyone else to roleplay. This was the last straw, however.

A thundering avalanche roars through the area! The world turns white as you are swept away by the snow...

... 60 points of damage!
You drop in your tracks as the bitter cold freezes your lungs solid!

Happens about once a hunt. Not always death, but atleast a 8 round stun.

I give up. I enjoy being in Pinefar. The scenery is incredible, the hunting is fast paced and exiting. I die enough as it is against the monsters. Having an unavoidable avalanche every time I hunt is too much.

Dighn Darkbeam
11-16-2003, 04:41 PM
With a loud crack, a cornice of snow high upon the mountain's peak breaks free of the snowpack. The wave of white powder slides down the mountain, quickly gaining momentum as more snow is added to its furious stampede. >>

It would seem I might have just missed this messaging before. I cant believe they would just dump random maneuver attacks on players without a warning.

[Edited on 11-16-2003 by Dighn Darkbeam]

Stunseed
11-16-2003, 08:48 PM
With the mighty avalanche, you've got 2 warnings.....The inital, "you just caused it"...The get the hell out "it's coming straight towards you!", then you get hit.

It made me bypass Olbin Pass quite quickly. Sorry to hear it, Pinefar is quite a great place to hunt.

Love you Jolena!

Dighn Darkbeam
11-16-2003, 11:55 PM
What I believe happened is my character walked onto the mountain just after stage two twice in a row. One resulted in an 8 round stun though which I lived. The second was insta-death.

Since then I usually make a B-line for the crevice and make sure no one else is on the mountain. Once I am sure no one has been around to start an avalanche before I got there I will hunt.

Its hard here, but still doable. I have decided to stick it out a while longer.

GuildRat
11-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Fucking people singing in the snow...I say ya blast their limbs off!!!:P

Dighn Darkbeam
11-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Fucking people singing in the snow...I say ya blast their limbs off!!!>>

I prefer to burry them up to their neck next to a steaming pile of mammoth shit.

That or I can always invoke the most insanely cruel punishment imaginable: Banish them back to Icemule.

*shudder*

At times I think such vile acts are beyond even the unyielding ferocity of the Dhe'nar.

Quitter
11-17-2003, 04:26 PM
HAHAHAHHA

now, with EVB WITH ambush being crap, WITH crits being random, try frying in icecrap and pinecrap.

Good luck

That wind/weather/avalanche is so stupid

Dighn Darkbeam
11-17-2003, 08:22 PM
*Shrug*

Seekers seem squishy enough. I can see an Ice Golem tearing a square apart, however. Tough bastards.

FinisWolf
02-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
*Shrug*

Seekers seem squishy enough. I can see an Ice Golem tearing a square apart, however. Tough bastards.

Personally, I think that at train 41 the golems are wimps, what I dun like is that they freeze me blade ::mutter:: and it dun fit back in its sheath.

[Edited on 2-25-2004 by FinisWolf]

Galleazzo
02-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Enough places to hunt if you don't like it there.

Fallen
02-25-2004, 11:02 AM
True enough, G. Though I doubt many will agree with me, Pinefar is some of the most difficult at level hunting you will find in GS.

I enjoyed my hunting there because it actually took a concious effort to survive and advance my character. I am not saying it was insanely difficult, merely an added challenge many other hunting areas seem to lack.

Meos
02-25-2004, 11:52 AM
I got pinefar down to a science, the only thing that sucks is wondering into a avalche that's already in effect, so many time it's been like this...

You find Meos wondering around minding his own business...

Meos goes southwest

Snow rushes past you just missing you (or something like that)

*Meos just bit the dust

Fallen
02-25-2004, 02:12 PM
STILL hunting there, Meos? You have been there quite some time. You must be getting a bit old for Seekers, hitting the Ice Elementals?