PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bane/Smite

Xaerve
02-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Does anyone know what causes this to happen? I've hunted for months in the temple and haven't seen it happen once. And now all of the sudden it happens all the time. I remember when playing a cleric years ago that this happened somewhat frequently too.

Just looking for any clarification as to what causes it.

You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Bane spell...
Your spell is ready.
You channel at an emaciated hierophant.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses an emaciated hierophant.
CS: +328 - TD: +263 + CvA: +20 + d100: +100 == +185
Warding failed!
A triad of ebony orbs cojoined by crackling ribbons of violet energy suddenly appear out of nowhere. The pulsating orbs take up a position directly in front of the emaciated hierophant, and slowly begin to move apart, stopping when they form a triangular shape of equal height to the creature. Encasing the hierophant within this framework, the triangle begins to rotate with tremendous speed, binding the hierophant with a cocoon of energy ribbons. A blur of violet and black obscures an emaciated hierophant from view and as mysteriously as the orbs appeared, they fade away. All that remains of the hierophant is a charred ashen figure of its former self lying upon the floor.
The very powerful look leaves an emaciated hierophant.
The white light leaves an emaciated hierophant.
The deep blue glow leaves an emaciated hierophant.
An emaciated hierophant seems to lose an aura of confidence.
An emaciated hierophant seems to lose some dexterity.
An emaciated hierophant appears less powerful.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around an emaciated hierophant.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Bane spell...
Your spell is ready.
You channel at a muscular supplicant.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses a muscular supplicant.
CS: +328 - TD: +257 + CvA: +25 + d100: +84 == +180
Warding failed!
A triad of ebony orbs cojoined by crackling ribbons of violet energy suddenly appear out of nowhere. The pulsating orbs take up a position directly in front of the muscular supplicant, and slowly begin to move apart, stopping when they form a triangular shape of equal height to the creature. Encasing the supplicant within this framework, the triangle begins to rotate with tremendous speed, binding the supplicant with a cocoon of energy ribbons. A blur of violet and black obscures a muscular supplicant from view and as mysteriously as the orbs appeared, they fade away. All that remains of the supplicant is a charred ashen figure of its former self lying upon the floor.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

StrayRogue
02-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Random death crit. Like the bone shatter crit where you liquidize your target's innards.

Slark
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Yeah, it's a deity specific message, I believe. That's Charl's, right?

Some critters are immune to it - shan, for example.

Xaerve
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Marlu.

Kitsun
03-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm fairly certain there was a bug in the system where if you turned auto-channel on that it'd somehow shut down the ability to insta-fry critters.

The fix was put in a week or so ago.

Xaerve
03-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm fairly certain there was a bug in the system where if you turned auto-channel on that it'd somehow shut down the ability to insta-fry critters.

That would explain it... thanks Kitsun.

TheEschaton
03-03-2007, 04:09 PM
That's the Bane aligned instant crit messaging. It's the same for my Charl and Luukosian clerics.

-TheE-

Slark
03-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Ah, fair enough. I thought it was deity specific, but I suppose it's just allignment specific. Thanks.

Slark
03-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Eh...maybe, but I had auto-channel on my cleric and I could insta-fry some critters, but not others. Maybe it somehow just ignored specific ones? Weird.

Aasterinian
06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah, it's a deity specific message, I believe. That's Charl's, right?

Some critters are immune to it - shan, for example.Shan aren't immune. I nuke them quite often.