PDA

View Full Version : For those that have canceled account recently

Voodookitten
11-15-2003, 04:17 PM
I canceled my account with Simu after 5 years of service due to many different issues that have been talked about on these boards. The last issue was the billing crap. Those that have canceled as well might want to check their accounts for the lovely folks at Simutronics charged me even though the account was canceled. The BBB in two states, NYS Attorney General, and my credit card have been notified at this point. They could not even be bothered to get back to me.

Just a warning for those others out there in the same situation. Make sure to check your statements.

Ex. Plat Swian

CrystalTears
11-15-2003, 04:44 PM
They were going to wait to charge the extra amount until December, however I think if you cancelled before then, they were going to charge it at the time of cancellation.

I can't blame you nor anyone else for leaving. They should have left the chargeback for when you cancelled and not a minute sooner. I'm not planning on leaving just yet, despite the charge, until I see how GS4 turns out. They're really pushing my limits though.

Rastaman
11-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Simutronics is corporation of assholes. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to charge people who cancelled years ago.

theotherjohn
11-15-2003, 04:56 PM
They did not charge me for my cancellations or plan to according to the website

Artha
11-15-2003, 05:07 PM
That's like buying something on credit, using it for 5 years, then giving it back and expecting not to pay.

Fekkin
11-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Heres an interesting question:

Now this accounting problem has suppossedly been occuring for years, correct? So how much are folks going to be charged for the extra billing? Will it be at the 1999 Premium and Platinum Rates or the 2003? If it is NOT at the 1999 (or whenever they original error occured) how will they account for the discrepancy between the rate when occured and the rate charged?

GS4Gurl
11-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Rastaman
Simutronics is corporation of assholes. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to charge people who cancelled years ago.

Oooh thats an interesting thought. You know, I would not be surprised either. I can actually picture them sending a letter to past customers with a bill attached.

CrystalTears
11-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Fekkin
Heres an interesting question:

Now this accounting problem has suppossedly been occuring for years, correct? So how much are folks going to be charged for the extra billing? Will it be at the 1999 Premium and Platinum Rates or the 2003? If it is NOT at the 1999 (or whenever they original error occured) how will they account for the discrepancy between the rate when occured and the rate charged?

The premium and platinum charges have always been the same. The increase in subscription was for the basic one. So if you have premium, you'll get charged $20 and so forth.

Fekkin
11-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Actually, the Platinum rate dropped a significant amount not too long back, so the question is will they charge folks the $80 rate or whatever Plat used to be or the new rate, since this billing "error" has been in place for quite some time?