PDA

View Full Version : Fletching

Artha
11-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Anyone have a script for fletching arrows that can handle failures, and possibly walks me from a table to a barrel to toss away arrows/shafts?

The first part's more important than the second, as I can always add the walking.

Artha
11-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Found/made one.

#fletching script

Start:
put get 1 shaft
wait
put cut my shaft with my %weapon2
match tryagain You begin to pare away the excess wood, but in a moment of carelessness
match next1 You pare away the excess wood, taking care to keep the shaft straight.
match spec Generally, you should paint or crest your shafts
match outta I could not find what you were referring to.
matchwait

skip:
put get %weapon2
match start you remove
match start You already have that.
match skip ...wait
matchwait

tryagain:
#put stow my %weapon2
echo
Echo ********************
echo * fletching failed *
Echo ********************
goto skip

outta:
echo
echo ********************
echo * You are out of shafts *
echo ********************

next1:
pause 1
put cut nock in my shaft with my %weapon2

spec:
put cut nock in my shaft with my %weapon2
match keepr You carefully cut a nock into the end of the arrow shaft.
match tryagain You begin cutting a nock in the end of the arrow shaft, but cut
matchwait

almost:
put get %weapon2
waitfor You remove
put cut my shaft with my %weapon2
match keepr With a few quick cuts
match tryagain so you discard it.
matchwait

keepr:
put put shaft in barr
Echo
echo
echo ***********
echo * success *
echo ***********
echo
goto start

If you run into any problems, tell me them, the messaging, and the solution so I can try and fix them.

It assumes you're standing beside a barrel. I use the North Gate barrel in Mule, as it's relatively trafficless.

edit: Fixed a small error when you run out of shafts.

[Edited on 11-15-2003 by Artha]

Razorfish
11-21-2003, 01:15 AM
whoo.. this looks good... its simular to the one i was making cept mine would mess up if you didn't make a shaft or weren't successful in cutting a knock in your shaft...i may post it here to get a lil help

[Edited on 11-21-2003 by Razorfish]

Razorfish
11-21-2003, 01:35 AM
Ok. THis is the script i made. Its supposed to get your weapon out, and a shaft.. cut the shaft and then put a nock in your arrow. It will also measure the shaft with a bow and cut it then place the shaft in an empty chest. If you dont mess up in cutting a nock it works fine but if ya have to start over from that point it wont... also match wait statements cause it to hang... i dont know where i went wrong any help please???

#cut shafts and put a knock in them

start:
put get 1 shaft from my pack
put get my kni from my case
pause 2
put cut my shaft with my knife
pause
glance

check1:
Match doover Realizing it would never fly straight, you discard the rough arrow shaft.
match doover You glance down to see an ivory-hilted silver skinning knife in your left hand
match continue Looking over the shaft, you note numerous rough spots and an overall curvature that would probably look right on a strung bow.
Match continue The shaft is barely curved at all, but could stand to be a -little thicker. It looks like it will work just fine, but is not really worthy of mention.

continue:
put CUT NOCKS IN MY SHAFT WITH MY knife
pause

check2:
Match doover You begin cutting a nock in the end of the arrow shaft, but cut too deeply into one side, and slice part of the end off. That'll never fire...might as well toss it.
Match keepgoin You carefully cut a nock into the end of the arrow shaft
pause

keepgoin:
put put kni in my case
put rem bow
pause 3
put measure my shaft with my bow
pause
put wea bow
put get kni
put CUT my SHAFT WITH MY knife
pause
put put shaft in che
put put my kni in my case
Goto start

doover:
put get 1 shaft from my pack
pause 3
put cut my shaft with my knife
pause

check1:
Match doover Realizing it would never fly straight, you discard the rough arrow shaft.
match doover You glance down to see an ivory-hilted silver skinning knife in your left hand
match continue Looking over the shaft, you note numerous rough spots and an overall curvature that would probably look right on a strung bow.
Match continue The shaft is barely curved at all, but could stand to be a -little thicker. It looks like it will work just fine, but is not really worthy of mention.
matchwait

continue:

check2:
Match doover Match doover You begin cutting a nock in the end of the arrow shaft, but cut too deeply into one side, and slice part of the end off. That'll never fire...might as well toss it.
Match keepgoin You carefully cut a nock into the end of the arrow shaft
pause

[Edited on 11-21-2003 by Razorfish]

Artha
11-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Well uh, now that I've mastered...anyone have a script that'll do full arrows?

Kbundy
11-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Do a search. I posted a fletching script about 5 months ago. Or use the different page arrows on the scripting page.

Artha
11-23-2003, 07:25 PM
I got the one from the halfling dumpling gang page and altered it...works like a charm.

Deathravin
01-02-2004, 03:31 PM
How do you know when you've mastered? and how long does it take?

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 03:34 PM
You know when you've mastered because you get a message that's like, "You mastered! Fuck off!"

It takes ~50-60 hours of scripting to completely master.

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Here is the script I built for fletching. You may have to edit small parts of it to fit your fletching setup, but I tried to make it as open as possible.

The only bug/error I can see forthcomming is it will wig out once you only have 1 uncut shaft left..so just keep your bundle of shafts full, and your good to go. It counts your ranks throughout the scripting process..so just keep a small text file on your desktop with your current rank, and update that every time you finish a fletching session.

#fletch.Cmd
if_3 goto prechecks
echo The useage of this script it .fletch (weapon used for cutting arrow shafts) (current ranks in fletching [0 if unknown]) (where you want the arrow shafts dumped) Example: .fletch dagger 70 barrel
exit

prechecks:
put take my %1
counter set %2
echo
ehco
Echo **********Your Current Fletching Ranks is : %c*************
echo
echo

start:
put take 1 shaft from my pack
wait
put cut my shaft with my %1
match rank Perhaps you are growing more skillful?
match waiting Roundtime:
match missing I could not find what you were referring to.
matchwait

failed:
pause 1
goto start

missing:
echo *****No Shafts can be found*****
echo *****Something is missing******
exit

nock:
pause 1
put cut nock in my shaft with my %1

nock2:
put cut nock in my shaft with my %1
match rank Perhaps you are growing more skillful?
match waiting Roundtime:
matchwait

waiting:
pause 1
put look my shaft
match start You see a bundle of rough arrow shafts
match done and cut with nocks
match nock The arrow shaft has been pared down and smoothed
matchwait

done:
put put my shaft in %3
wait
goto start

counter add
echo ------------------------------------------
echo -- Current Fletching Rank : %c --
goto waiting

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 11:02 PM
That script makes no sense. The counter isn't saved. You have to save it for it to actually keep track of your ranks.

Trinitis
01-02-2004, 11:20 PM
No you don't..its working fine, I'm using it right now ;)

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 01:08 AM
Uhm.. the counter is going to reset every time you use the script. So it will be like, "You have 50 ranks." then if you start it up again it will tell you that you have 0.

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Oh, nevermind, you're a complete moron and have it set to you inputting how many ranks instead of just have the script do it for you.

You suck at writing scripts. :(

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Oh, nevermind, you're a complete moron and have it set to you inputting how many ranks instead of just have the script do it for you.

You suck at writing scripts. :(

Actually, I find I trust my own notes more then expecting a script to keep it forever for me. Just because I chose to do things differently does not make me a moron. Your unwillingness to accept the fact that *I* programed a script that can keep track of the ranks, where you said it was not possible, pisses you off. Now stop being a whiny puss and stop posting in my section ;)

-Adredrin

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Of course, then again, I don't programs scripts to run while I'm afk, so I guess that cocept flys completely over bob's head anyway. ;)

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 04:16 AM
WTF you really are dumb.

I said your script would just count, it wouldn't save anything. And then I realized that the script requires the amount of ranks you have upon startup.

All you have to do is this..

counter add
save %c
goto waiting

and at the beginning of the script put counter set %s

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Yes, and just doing that does not allow people who have already started fletching to enter their current ranks, for those like me who like to keep track.

If you don't like the script, stop posting on the thread.

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Neither do I. Whenever I need something done, however, I write a script.

My favorites being .bash and .thought.

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 04:20 AM
<<Yes, and just doing that does not allow people who have already started fletching to enter their current ranks, for those like me who like to keep track.>>

Actually, it does. It's a long and tedious process, so I won't go through it now, but long story short: It can be done.

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
WTF you really are dumb.

I said your script would just count, it wouldn't save anything. And then I realized that the script requires the amount of ranks you have upon startup.

All you have to do is this..

counter add
save %c
goto waiting

and at the beginning of the script put counter set %s

Yes, you can. But what if I have mutliple chars that fletch? what if more then 1 person uses my computer and we all have fletchers? What if the person finding my script has already done 100 ranks in fletching?

Once again, if you don't like my script, program your own and stop harping mine :)

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 04:25 AM
I program plenty of my own things. And every time it's either useless or too complicated or any other various stupid things. People don't appreciate what I spend my time on, I don't see why I shouldn't return the favor.

Edited because I don't know the difference between should and shouldn't.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:28 AM
Gee bob. Think about what you just posted and view it from my side? I spent my free time programing that script for others to you, and you came here harping on it and calling me names. Sounds like your just as bad as the people you don't like. ;)

-Adredrin

Drew2
01-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Bob stop arguing with the moderator.

Moderator, stop arguing with the 13 year old.

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Which is what I just said. People don't like my programs and scripts, I don't like anyone else's programs or scripts.

Not my problem. I actually know how to make good scripts. Nobody wants them, too bad for them.

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
Bob stop arguing with the moderator.

Moderator, stop arguing with the 13 year old.

But...He started it! :sniffle:

-Adredrin

Drew2
01-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Edit all his posts and make yourself win the argument.

That's the Klaive way.

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Thats great bob, but I've never gone around bitching about your scripts, so step off mine. Find something better to do with your time...I'm sure Klaves boards needs your expert scriptiing skills.

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
01-03-2004, 04:33 AM
No, no. Klaive's boards are too low, even for me.

The scum of the earth can be found there.

Trinitis
01-03-2004, 04:34 AM
But, I thought yo..All the mods here told me yo..never mind..

-Adredrin who is biting his tongue. Heh

Soulpieced
01-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Here's my fletching script. Not sure if it's 100% idiot proof with the dagger position, but it's pretty good. Gotta be 50+ to use it.